Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 4 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t see north moving tarrant.

Need some stef martin replacement ideas. Hope he’s still good to go next season, but just in case.

English may be a better forward/ruck for his whole career to be honest.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Maybe Hickey. I think we're the only club he hasn't played for.

Would Josh Caddy be any worth to us in our fwd 50?

Would Josh Caddy be any worth to us in our fwd 50?

Not for me Dergert.

Our forward line just lacks some speed, defensive pressure and crumbing ability. Caddy doesn’t add any of that.

He’s Mitch Wallis with a little more flair, and a little less tackling.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Interesting how Wallis' role seems to becoming obsolete, yet we targeted Hannan in the trade period knowing that we would have a larger forward line this year. With Dale swinging back, Wallis dropped, I don't see much use in his acquisition. Only other one on the list is Bedendo, which I'm hoping we have realised this trend and start to develop him as an intercepting defender which he can well play as his athletic traits also suit that position.

Vanders is plenty injury prone, so I see Hannan, along with Jong as depth for this pressure, speed, marking half forward role.

When we recruited Hannan one of our staff (either Bev or Power I think?) referred to him as a wing/forward, so I don't think the role he's earmarked for is similar to Wallis'.
Hopefully he plays more wing then, although that again makes his recruitment more puzzling. Blessed with outside runners we are

So were Stringer, Venables and Pickett :D

Vardy is terrible, Eagles mates of mine bring this up on a weekly basis

Bit of tongue in cheek there ;)

To be honest, I wouldn't recognise Vardy if he came up to me in a West Coast jumper. I rarely watch the Weagles play. If you say he's no good I'll believe that.

Interesting how Wallis' role seems to becoming obsolete, yet we targeted Hannan in the trade period knowing that we would have a larger forward line this year. With Dale swinging back, Wallis dropped, I don't see much use in his acquisition. Only other one on the list is Bedendo, which I'm hoping we have realised this trend and start to develop him as an intercepting defender which he can well play as his athletic traits also suit that position.
Hannan has very good pace so is not the same player as Wallis,in fact if he gets fit I could see him fitting in nicely

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully he plays more wing then, although that again makes his recruitment more puzzling. Blessed with outside runners we are
It’s not puzzling at all

We paid nothing for him and he has great pace and is a good mark. He has had injury problems but if that gets sorted he will play

Jarrod Brander a potential trade target (And play him as a defender)?

Good athlete and has a good set of skills. Play him as the 2nd key defender (with a focus on intercepting).

Jarrod Brander a potential trade target (And play him as a defender)?

Good athlete and has a good set of skills. Play him as the 2nd key defender (with a focus on intercepting).
[/QUOTE]
I’ve always seen him as a forward.

It’s obviously all speculation re contracts.

We have a bit of a history of offering length, probably on the basis of a discount. JJ, Macrae, Hunter, Dunkley, Naughton and others have been backed in with long term deals, probably for a cut price.

re Bruce, I actually suspect he’s not on massive dollars and not the amounts talked about here. He was more or less told by the Saints to explore his options. As for Keath, length was a big factor. Adelaide weren’t willing to offer more than two years from memory. That might be what Ricciutto was alluding to.

If we end up in a Collingwood situation I’ll be seething but I don’t think you take on a Treloar type contract if you’re sailing close to the edge.

Brownless on the Sunday Footy Show saying Collingwood are preparing a massive contract offer for Bontempelli in the off-season.

It will get us Pick 19 & 20 as it would be band 1.

Would also free up $1 million dollars to throw at Rowell or Ben King. Would also allow us to pay Dunkley the Essendon $$ he is after or possibly throw a million a year at Tommy Boyd to come back.

Forget Hurley now, at 30 with major hip problems (joint infection) and Talia’s best is behind him. No to Carlisle on his attitude

Brownless on the Sunday Footy Show saying Collingwood are preparing a massive contract offer for Bontempelli in the off-season.

Once they steal Bont we can start preparing a massive contract offer for Nick Daicos with all the cap space we now have.

Will be interesting to see how Collingwood go with a quarter of their salary cap used on two players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back