Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 4 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’d be almost zero chance Bont doesn’t re sign with us. Stated in an interview over the off season that us fans don’t have anything to worry about in regards to his contract.

That doesn’t mean he can’t sign elsewhere, but it does mean he’d look like the worlds biggest s**t bloke if he did.

Doesn’t seem his style.

There’d be almost zero chance Bont doesn’t re sign with us. Stated in an interview over the off season that us fans don’t have anything to worry about in regards to his contract.

That doesn’t mean he can’t sign elsewhere, but it does mean he’d look like the worlds biggest sh*t bloke if he did.

Doesn’t seem his style.
They could try Dunkley instead. 🤔

Maybe Bont could still play for the Dogs but Collingwood can pay half his salary

Given how they managed the 2020 trade period it is possible if we put a proposition to them.

It may require Jong as the sweetener, he did tour their awesome facilities a few years ago

Players like Naughty & Timmy give me slight uneasy feelings for the future, probably unjustified considering they’ve both been quick to sign up long term in the past with no fuss have been on big money and playing AFL since very early on and both look like super popular guys around the club. But Bont literally doesn’t even cross my mind, never been more confident in a player staying.

Just about everyone else... meh no one else is that important we can’t cover them really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No chance of Bont leaving us. Best mates with Josh Dunkley.

Players like Naughty & Timmy give me slight uneasy feelings for the future, probably unjustified considering they’ve both been quick to sign up long term in the past with no fuss have been on big money and playing AFL since very early on and both look like super popular guys around the club. But Bont literally doesn’t even cross my mind, never been more confident in a player staying.

Just about everyone else... meh no one else is that important we can’t cover them really.

Timmy has a mrs down in Vic and Naughton seems very settled in Vic. We could end up losing a Lipinski due to midfield mins.

Can’t see north moving tarrant.

Need some stef martin replacement ideas. Hope he’s still good to go next season, but just in case.

English may be a better forward/ruck for his whole career to be honest.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Maybe Sam Hayes?

Very much a #1 ruck. He is at Port. Great prospect - 21 yr old, been on their list for 1.5 years, and just signed for 2 more (contract finishing in 2023).

Plays really well in SANFL but.... yet to play a single afl match! If he’s still 0 games at season’s end then gettable, with lots of training already into him.

Aside from him, if Stef was to retire at end of 2021 (unlikely so far) then perhaps Goldstein who may be rejuvenated by a switch of teams...

Come across this on the saints board about young Fischer McAsey

Attachments

• E7F6D1E3-F439-4AA3-A896-17546BC2F716.jpeg
    E7F6D1E3-F439-4AA3-A896-17546BC2F716.jpeg
    216.2 KB · Views: 367
McCasey does seem 'gawn' given various articles floating about. And we do seem like the obvious place for him to want to come to for all the obvious reasons.

but can he play?
He is a big boy and they can take a few years to develop, Ben McKay would be a good example. Takes time to get the required strength to hold down a KPD spot full time, and with two years development already into now is the time to engineer a trade before he possibly comes on and gets a lot more costly to do a deal.
As always there is the risk that he doesn't develop Collins for example. With KPD being our biggest hole in the list reckon he is well worth taking a punt on him being a success story in the right environment

Come across this on the saints board about young Fischer McAsey
Makes sense for us. As much as I’d love a gun ready to go KPD we have to keep an eye on cap space and he would be cheap salary wise. I’m far from convinced by him but we can offer him time and development. Plus he does seem available and there aren’t many who are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back