Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 4 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Duryea should be a 1 year with trigger for 2nd imo. Turns 30 and given we gave Wood two years straight up, i'd prefer to have some flexibility with Doc. Rookie Jong and the rest i'd agree with.
Duryea's form has held up well over the last few years, unlike Wood. He's also the only defender we have that can actually be trusted to defend against the more damaging small forwards. He's important enough that I'd be more than happy to see a 2 year deal for him, although 1 with trigger for 2 definitely puts the club in the better position if he'd take it.

I wouldn't have kept Hayes. But then, I would have used late draft picks (e.g. Butler & Bedendo the past two years) on a small crumbing forward as well and perhaps cut 1-2 spots deeper the year before too.

A real shame Kosi Pickett didn't slip - can you imagine our forwardline with him (or a player with his crumbing nous)?

Agree on all fronts and yes, have watched Pickett closely in games this year - outstanding talent given the interruption to his pre season

Here's the list of free agent defensive/tall stocks available end of this year:-
Daniel Talia
Levi Casboult
Cale Hooker
Lachlan Henderson
Jake Kolodjashnij
Phil Davis
Ben McEvoy
Mitch Brown
Robbie Tarrant
Josh Walker
Mabior Chol
David Astbury
Dylan Grimes
James Frawley
Sam Reid (SYD)
A few decent names there. I'd say most will re-sign though

The players we delisted and rookied last year will become unrestricted free agents. I suspect Cav is gone if he doesn’t start getting games with us, there’ll be a club who’d love to pick up a mature small forward for free.

Few there you could probably cross off already, but a number who would be handy enough. Tarrant would be nice for a couple of seasons if he could stay fit.

Daniel Talia family history
Levi Casboult
Cale Hooker retiring?
Lachlan Henderson retiring?
Jake Kolodjashnij
Phil Davis
Ben McEvoy club captain
Mitch Brown no good/journeyman
Robbie Tarrant
Josh Walker no good/journeyman
Mabior Chol
David Astbury
Dylan Grimes
James Frawley retiring
Sam Reid (SYD)
Phil Davis is a former co-captain and being GWS he'd never consider us anyway.
I'd love any one of the Richmond guys but it's unlikely.

If Dunkley was to go and Carlton were his preferred choice i would make a play for Charlie Curnow. Our time is now. take a chance on him and if he gets his body right Naughton goes back and we could be scary good.

If Dunkley was to go and Carlton were his preferred choice i would make a play for Charlie Curnow. Our time is now. take a chance on him and if he gets his body right Naughton goes back and we could be scary good.
Our chances of getting Curnow would be close to 0. If we're going to make a bold play for an untouchable player, better to go for Weitering so Naughton doesn't have to go anywhere

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Dunks has had a turn around when he got to play and live with Treloar, so I think he might re-sign rather than go to another team atm.

Few there you could probably cross off already, but a number who would be handy enough. Tarrant would be nice for a couple of seasons if he could stay fit.

Daniel Talia family history
Levi Casboult
Cale Hooker retiring?
Lachlan Henderson retiring?
Jake Kolodjashnij
Phil Davis
Ben McEvoy club captain
Mitch Brown no good/journeyman
Robbie Tarrant
Josh Walker no good/journeyman
Mabior Chol
David Astbury
Dylan Grimes
James Frawley retiring
Sam Reid (SYD)
I would be throwing a 4 year deal towards Chol
Bloke is going to be a star

Surely there’s a few small forwards around the comp thinking geez I’d love to slot in at the feet of Tim, Naught & Juice with that midfield supplying you with 100 inside 50s a week. Whose gettable?

We've got small forwards but Bevo won't give them a try to see how they go

Id be shocked if Josh requests a trade again.
Surely from his perspective the best thing for him is to just sign a one year extension at some stage over the next 18 months to take him to free agency, surely the last thing in the world he wants is to go through the pain of trade week and trusting clubs to negotiate trades. Even if it's not for huge, Essendon money, the benefit of FA outweighs that for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back