Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 4 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have we actually been linked to any key backs?

It's awfully quiet probably because we're still playing but surely we're balls deep into a surprise this off season?

It's awfully quiet probably because we're still playing but surely we're balls deep into a surprise this off season?
im a little suprised with how close we are playing our cards to our chest. must be out of respect for our players and maybe more will happen after the seasons done. just odd that in all talk of key backs and rucks we are no where to be heard of (in the mainstream media)

Keath Gards Cordy Darcy we arent as desperate as the media makes out even with our awful finish we still had the 4th best defence in the comp

If CCJ goes to Norf as Sam suggests he is, I wonder if Goldstein becomes available?

They will have Edwards, Xerri, Goldestein, Campbell, Comben, and CCJ.

I would expect Campbell gets delisted tho.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Archie Smith seeking a trade out of Lions

Would be a great get for us, 25 years old

Is he a first ruck?

im a little suprised with how close we are playing our cards to our chest. must be out of respect for our players and maybe more will happen after the seasons done. just odd that in all talk of key backs and rucks we are no where to be heard of (in the mainstream media)
Sam Power tends to be quite good at playing a quiet hand. Certainly much better than previous football boffins, where we used to leak like a sieve.

Makes for a frustrating October and November at times but Sam Power has enough credits in the bank for we as a supporter base to trust him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If CCJ goes to Norf as Sam suggests he is, I wonder if Goldstein becomes available?

They will have Edwards, Xerri, Goldestein, Campbell, Comben, and CCJ.

I would expect Campbell gets delisted tho.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Potentially but I doubt it. CCJ would be a forward who chops out in the ruck more than the other way around. Xerri and Campbell played a lot this season and neither have a lot of forward craft and CCJ would certainly be an upgrade over them. Comden and Edwards are 20 and 18, so aren’t ready to take on that first ruck mantle.

Could depend on if they think Xerri is ready to play as a first ruck but I tend to think they are happy to keep Goldstein as a mentor to the young bigs. If Goldstein wants out they would probably let him go but it won’t be coming at their end.

I do agree that it seems to be the end of the road for BTC.

Is he a first ruck?

Yes, he doesn’t offer much anywhere else on the ground.

Showed a lot of promise as the first ruck when he first got a chance, in 2016, but has stagnated since. Has never had a real solid stint in the side.

I wouldn’t be rushing out to get him but could understand if a team was willing to take a crack on him and seeing if an extended run as the first choice ruck can fulfil that early promise he showed.

Potentially but I doubt it. CCJ would be a forward who chops out in the ruck more than the other way around. Xerri and Campbell played a lot this season and neither have a lot of forward craft and CCJ would certainly be an upgrade over them. Comden and Edwards are 20 and 18, so aren’t ready to take on that first ruck mantle.

Could depend on if they think Xerri is ready to play as a first ruck but I tend to think they are happy to keep Goldstein as a mentor to the young bigs. If Goldstein wants out they would probably let him go but it won’t be coming at their end.

I do agree that it seems to be the end of the road for BTC.
BTC is probably the best bloke in football and is a fantastic mentor for their kids. If they get approval to uses the fourth year rookie rule on him he is a chance of getting a base year rookie contract. I hope he does get it.

BTC is probably the best bloke in football and is a fantastic mentor for their kids. If they get approval to uses the fourth year rookie rule on him he is a chance of getting a base year rookie contract. I hope he does get it.

Hope he does too

Is he a first ruck?
Has stagnated but as an RFA would be free (if he isn't delisted anyway). I noted him as a cheap option a while back. If we're going cheap, I'd prefer him to Chol or Mason Cox

Super athlete for his size. No forward craft to speak of so he's a first ruck or nothing

If there is one person who would have the inside word on Smith's capacity to be a potential first Ruck, it'd be Stef Martin who would've done a heap of work with him at Brissie. If he gives him the thumbs up and he comes basically free, why not?

Hickey was written off as a ruckman so if Archie Smith comes for free you’d be happy to give him a crack surely?

Should get him, he has decent potential.

Been calling it for some time.

Hickey was written off as a ruckman so if Archie Smith comes for free you’d be happy to give him a crack surely?
Alright, put the crazy hat for a second

We seem to be very closely linked to Ceglar. English is a forward more than a ruck. Stef Martin is no guarantee to play next year.
Archie Smith would be cheap like the budgie, listed as an RFA in footywire. If Brisbane want to force a trade, easy. 2022 pick for Smith plus 2021 change (points for Darcy).

Our ruck stocks at this stage next year are maybe a Stef Martin whom if he isn't completely cooked, is far more heated than I prefer my steak. Sweet is raw as hell. English is officially a forward (especially with Bruce in rehab), and raw as hell Sam Darcy (I think he's a KPD, but he is tall).

Why wouldn't we take Ceglar and Smith? Ceglar has played 19 games in a season once, then his next best is 14 games twice. He's not playing 25-26 games for us next year. Archie Smith is super-athletic, costs nothing, and if we've spent three years with genuine ruck worries we can solve that with a stroke of pen costing us little/nothing in draft picks. Smith is 26 so is as plug and play as you can get.

Rucks are simply too important to have no coverage on a list anymore. The days of Grigg/Dunkley taking ruck duties are over.

if we can't find many options for key defenders, I'd like more options in the forward half
having a more potent forward line could take a lot of pressure off the backline

really disappointed for Toby McLean this year as I really like what he offers in attack, heres hoping he gets to play a lot next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back