Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 4 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes its difficult to accept cos it’s your opinion only and you have no proof to back it up.
So you have difficulty accepting that people can have different opinions from your own? Ok.

Hurley or Grant aren’t Naughton. The facts are 46 goals and 65 contested marks this season. Take it away and replaced it with what? Minus Bruce’s contribution too then.
They're still valid examples of players who showed form as forwards early in their career, who went onto peak as defenders.

Btw Hurley comparison is very laughable he never kicked more than 27 or had more than 23 cms and even they were in the peptide era.
Grant played back when we had a number of other reasonable and experienced tall forwards. Our hole then was chb, Though it’s great to get another chb now, that hole would be bigger if it’s Naughton taken from our forward line.
How polite of you.

I’m back to Hayes. Port have invested all the time into him and he’s ready to go. Silly bugger signed an extension to 2023 but I bet he’d be keen to come if he was our #1 ruck. Martin stays on the list to develop him and English and we are good to go. He’s not perfect but I think he is more agile than some on here and he gets around the ground ok. Certainly no worse than say Minson was who gave us a good couple of seasons. With Darcy in we would have a bloody decent list built and could just target upgrades for a couple of years.
Don’t undersell Minson. He was All-Australian. A massive presence onfield.

Absolutely put Schache and Young through a massive preseason as KPD if we can't pick up a ready to go one. Nothing to lose and may unearth a missing piece with what we already have.
I'd also be looking at moving Timmy down back like roughy did for us, he can mark and is mobile. Keathy and Timmy could work as a tandem, Gardner and Lewy as back ups.
Give Buku a run at the 3rd tall.

Leave JUH and Astro up front, with Schache as a 3rd KPF.
Then we have Bruce to come back and Sam Darcy developing with up front or down back.
Then we can focus our energy into trading for a serviceable ruck. Lippa for Lynch could potentally help both clubs in areas of need.

Of course not but I stated a fact not an opinion

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
What fact? You are of the opinion that he should remain forward, I believe in the contrary. There are no "facts".

What fact? You are of the opinion that he should remain forward, I believe in the contrary. There are no "facts".

So you have trouble reading, let alone watching the game.
For the 3rd time 47 goals 65 contested marks
I dare you to ignore it again

Write Timmy off if you like you’ll look very stupid though. Was playing some awesome footy early this year, he’ll get there. He’s obviously not a ruck but he doesn’t need to be to be a very very good utility - it’s just about using him right.

I just want to see him get angry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This talk about a Martin extension... We must offer Sweet a new deal. Waste of time delisting Sweet and then adding another mediocre ruck like Briggs for example.
Why re-sign a player who was banished from the squad in round 11? Even when English was struggling badly, we still opted for a completely unproven, incapable ruckman Lewis Young.

Would a trade of Rory Lobb for JJ work?
Both on 600k+
JJ is a WA boy, Lobb may fail the no d!ckhead policy but could fit as a KPF and back up ruck.
We could shuffle Timmy down back.

Why re-sign a player who was banished from the squad in round 11? Even when English was struggling badly, we still opted for a completely unproven, incapable ruckman Lewis Young.
I presume selection has to do with tank, but the same applies to a hypothetical Briggs. Why would you trade in a guy who Bevo probably won't play? Just seems a useless sideways trade. If we land a big fish, then different story but I doubt we will.

I presume selection has to do with tank, but the same applies to a hypothetical Briggs. Why would you trade in a guy who Bevo probably won't play? Just seems a useless sideways trade. If we land a big fish, then different story but I doubt we will.
He played Stefan Martin, a player who is slow, cannot mark, useless with ball in hand and is 34 years old. He lost a higher percentage of ruck contests than English in the Grand Final too.

I find it very hard to believe our upgrade options are thin.

He played Stefan Martin, a player who is slow, cannot mark, useless with ball in hand and is 34 years old. He lost a higher percentage of ruck contests than English in the Grand Final too.

I find it very hard to believe our upgrade options are thin.
We are not comparing to Martin. We are comparing to Sweet

Gawn's first properly dominant year was in 2015, when he was 23.
Didnt he have two knee reco's prior to that? My recollection was he was drafted and either was recovering from a knee or did his knee almost immediately, then when he was over that knee immediately did another one.

Would a trade of Rory Lobb for JJ work?
Both on 600k+
JJ is a WA boy, Lobb may fail the no d!ckhead policy but could fit as a KPF and back up ruck.
We could shuffle Timmy down back.

Mate, love your passion but Tim is never playing back. Imagine him against a physical monster forward..

Don’t undersell Minson. He was All-Australian. A massive presence onfield.

Not at all. Loved Minno. He was such a fascinating cat to chat to and the two or three years he peaked he was huge. It shows how tough the ruck game is though as it look him until he was about 27 to show what he was really capable of delivering on field.

Would love the club to announce some of the rather formality type re-signings and delistings in the next day or two. Really helps narrow down the possibilities for the upcoming trade window, and one would assume these decisions have already been made.

Write Timmy off if you like you’ll look very stupid though. Was playing some awesome footy early this year, he’ll get there. He’s obviously not a ruck but he doesn’t need to be to be a very very good utility - it’s just about using him right.

He never really came back from his head knock the same. Hope a decent break in the preseason helps him settle again. He played a few gun intercept games where he was dropping back that I think many are forgetting at the moment. Partner him with Goldy and he could be a weapon around the ground.

Yes a good ruck and another good tall defender would be nice but
On Saturday and for a number of times this season the issues has been it more about our defensive setup in the midfield.
We could have had our best defenders ever on Saturday but nothing stops that delivery.
Naughton is our best forward. It’s plain to see

The reason our midfield battled was because our rucks are poo. If Gawn and Jackson are palming it wherever they want you could have Judd, Ablett and Diesel in the guts and it won't make an ounce of difference.
We have to adapt or get left behind, on Saturday there was no adapting. I didn't see one of our blokes starting to smack into Gawn other than Daniel on the boundary line. I saw no physical intimidation. I saw meekness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back