Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 4 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shitney showing interest in Barrass and favourite for Ladhams.

So using COLA again I assume

They didn’t even get a chance to finish the sentence reg Barrass and they were told no chance

Darcy simply isn't as good as a draft prospect as both Horne-Francis and Daicos - most people assessing talent independent of the draft machinations would agree with that. It's much more likely that he simply slips top pick 5, 6, 7 etc. and in the end our second pick of the draft is not as bad as we thought it might be, than we have to worry about him going pick 1 or similar.

It's different to JUH who was genuinely considered the best player in the draft.

My suspicion is that Norf will take Horne-Francis straight up with pick 1, then GWS will bid on Darcy before Daicos.
Yeah GWS have been pretty unequivocal about rating Darcy would be no surprise to see them bid on him. Not sure to what end we aren't going to pass. To make us burn our late draft picks 😀

Who the hell is Tim o brien and is he any good?

Be honest with me.
He's probably most comparable to where Crozier was at when he joined us. Enough talent to have the occasional big game, made for a flashy highlight reel, but forced to play a sub optimal role in his old side leading to reduced impact and poor consistency.

Darcy simply isn't as good as a draft prospect as both Horne-Francis and Daicos - most people assessing talent independent of the draft machinations would agree with that. It's much more likely that he simply slips top pick 5, 6, 7 etc. and in the end our second pick of the draft is not as bad as we thought it might be, than we have to worry about him going pick 1 or similar.

It's different to JUH who was genuinely considered the best player in the draft.
Personally I'd take daicos then Francis with Darcy somewhere around that 5-8 mark but recruiters put a big emphasis on talls at the moment and gws are all for making us pay so no way he gets past their pick

Who the hell is Tim o brien and is he any good?

Be honest with me.

He's a tall who's been played all over the ground, but we want to settle him in the back line. He's quick and can take a contested mark. Very much been an "almost" kind of player. I see him as an upgrade to Cordy or Wood as our second/third tall.

We've done up a team of Ranga Dogs and a team of mustachioed Dogs, but Tim O is that rarest of creatures, a mustachioed ranga.

Exciting.

I was trying to think of past mrds (mustachioed ranga dogs) and could only come up with Phil Shark Maylin , Michael Fruitcake Ford and, at a pinch, Gary Crazy Horse Cowton.

Have I missed anyone?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've done up a team of Ranga Dogs and a team of mustachioed Dogs, but Tim O is that rarest of creatures, a mustachioed ranga.

Exciting.

I was trying to think of past mrds (mustachioed ranga dogs) and could only come up with Phil Shark Maylin , Michael Fruitcake Ford and, at a pinch, Gary Crazy Horse Cowton.

Have I missed anyone?
Simon Atkins?

Heard today we’ve already approached a heap of good assistant coaches who were keen to come across and work with our group, but once they found out the dollars took other opportunities including some deciding to take interstate jobs due to the low dollars we were offering.

Big pay increases for King and Hansen.

Ceglar not highly rated and he's contracted - possibility, but we wouldn't be prepared to pay much for him.
Ladhams has big question marks over his work ethic... It's no coincidence that clubs are enquiring and then walking away.
Yes, well it's not like Timmy has any issues as our number 1 ruck .. coupled with a 36 year old. Yay

Heard today we’ve already approached a heap of good assistant coaches who were keen to come across and work with our group, but once they found out the dollars took other opportunities including some deciding to take interstate jobs due to the low dollars we were offering.

Uhhhhhhh

2022 pretty much done already. Yuck

The promise to change things up with our ruck setup will end up being Young out and nothing else
Another pre season into Timmy and Sweety - hopefully not all gloom and doom

That doesn't really make sense when there's a soft cap. Unless Bevo is massively overpaid then we should be able to pay our assistants the same as everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back