Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 4 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 2, 2011
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Breaking announcement…..
Brad Scott has just announced not only the scrapping of ruck nominations but the reintroduction of allowing the 3rd man up rule.
There is speculation in some camps that this decision was made to appease Bulldog Bigfooty fans but others believe it’s to allow his brothers team the Cats to utilise Mark Blicavs in a role he was so good at.

Before you ask…. Yes please, spicy barbecue if you have any

Golden_6

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
I don't think we need small/medium forwards.

In the GF we played Weightman, Baz, Treloar, Hannan, JJ forward and had VDM as sub and Scott, McNeil, Garcia, West, Cavarra and Bedendo in reserve.

Even with a delisting or 2, that's well enough
I agree we have a fair few smalls but Bruest is a fantastic player and a significant upgrade on most. Depending on the price and how much salary the Hawks are willing to pay, we should definitely enquire. There’s no harm in asking the question.

Bruest would kick 35-40 goals in our lineup and could still have a quality 2-3 years left while we are contending.

doggy_dog

Club Legend
Aug 25, 2020
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Would definitely take Hill, price dependant. Future second feels like a little bit overs? He hasn’t produced much to date. Is contracted and GWS don’t want to lose him so there is that premium I guess

Sep 27, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
If we had Mason Cox in the ruck for the Grand Final we still probably get beaten……… but……… no way do Melbourne get the run of clean goals straight from centre bounce.

Cox is so much taller, and with a clean run and jump at it, he’s likely to get first hand to the ball at centre bounces over anyone.

Stoppages around the ground are more of a problem for Cox, but we have much more tactical choice in how to setup for those…

This makes a lot of sense. Been trying to think back to Peter Street and Cox has a lot more attributes that Street, but Street gave us a decent chance of getting the tap.

Then again, I still shudder about those ocassional hospital handballs he would get through the midfield, pretty sure the umps called holding the ball before it even reached his hands.

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Would definitely take Hill, price dependant. Future second feels like a little bit overs? He hasn’t produced much to date. Is contracted and GWS don’t want to lose him so there is that premium I guess
Maybe it is overs, but I'd be very happy to pay that. He's mostly still relying on hype so far but a crumbing small forward has been something we've missed for years

Testekill

Don't look at me like that
Dec 3, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray Bulldogs, Williamstown

Yeah probably worth a third rounder but he's contracted and the coaches clearly love him as he's rarely out of the team. Would have to pay as second rounder as a premium.

Golden_6

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
I don’t think a future second will get it done. He was drafted at pick 24 so I think it’s fair that the Giants would expect a pick around that mark back for a contracted Hill.

He hasn’t set the world on fire but he just played 17 games in his third season and has shown enough to suggest he can be a dangerous small forward at AFL level long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back