Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 4 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just not sure how the club spins not getting a ruck.

Bevo basically said we have nobody else on our list mid year.

As soon as Martin gets injured again we're back to square 1 - what has changed since the last round v Port, the Essendon & Brisbane finals when he refused to play Sweet? Why is this guy now a legitimate option?

And we need English up forward more than last year since Bruce is out so we're even further behind the mark before we even start.

Hope we're all wrong & there's another twist in the tale before the deadline.
Pretty easily there wasn't anyone available at an acceptable price that would significantly upgrade the side especially when we have a 204cm top 3 pick ruck walking through the door

He did only play 50% game time in both games
I think his papers were stamped for the finals series in the Brisbane game. Spent almost the whole last quarter on the bench even though the game was on a knife’s edge.

I suspect even if Martin hadn’t come up he wasn’t getting a game the next week. We probably would have played Gardner, Schache or Cordy as a relief ruck.

he feels like a late bloomer, what is he - 23? not sure. it would be a shame to put in the development time and have him come good for someone else.
They played him all of the ground and he never showed anything in either part of the ground. If you're not showing it at 23 you're not likely to make it

maybe we were hot for 43 not because of the points (very similar to 2x picks in 50s) but because we plan to use it in the draft on someone specific.
I’m no expert on these things but I thought you can only use as many draft picks for points purposes as list spots you have available? Hence the need for a higher pick and not 2 later picks.

Even if you are 'in the know' at the club, do we really think Sammy is the type to just blurt out who we're chasing and what we are and aren't doing?

We got Treloar techincally after trade period ended last year and from memory we were only linked to him in the last two or three days of the period.

Are we done? No idea. Are we not done? No idea.
It’s not like the club has been bad at keeping secrets (certainly nothing like Carlton and Essendon) but in the past a lot of people would get bits and pieces of club intel.

It’s noticeable that in recent years they’ve locked down. Far less leakage these days. We almost always get a trade week shock.

All the best to both Lewy Young and Lippa.

Young will have every opportunity to prove himself at Carlton, they faced the most one on ones in the league last year. Still don’t think he is best 22 at the Blues.

Lippa will probably start at the centre square round 1 and have every chance to establish himself there alongside Adams and De Goey. I don’t see him becoming an out and out CBA bull though.

Pretty easily there wasn't anyone available at an acceptable price that would significantly upgrade the side especially when we have a 204cm top 3 pick ruck walking through the door
He hasn't been first ruck in any games this year - either KPD or KPF chopping out in the ruck.
He's a god-send landing in our lap at this time but he's no panacea to our ruck issues short term and quite possibly long term either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even if you are 'in the know' at the club, do we really think Sammy is the type to just blurt out who we're chasing and what we are and aren't doing?

We got Treloar techincally after trade period ended last year and from memory we were only linked to him in the last two or three days of the period.

Are we done? No idea. Are we not done? No idea.
To be fair Treloar just fell into our lap. It’s not like we secretly chased him or anything.

Power deserves credit for getting an exceptionally good value trade done, but we didn’t have to go looking for Ads

Darcy is about 75kgs. Right now he’s a twig. We can’t expect any meaningful footy out of him for at least two years imo, and certainly not as a ruckman

I might be in a minority of one here, but I would gladly miss out on Darcy if it meant landing a ready-to-go ruck and a KPD. We have a fantastic list and we should be going hard at a flag for the next couple of years, not building for 5 years time.

I agree mate but tread carefully on here about Darcy! Some get quite upset about any suggestion of going down an alternative route…

Am I correct that Collingwood don't have enough points to match a bid on Daicos at pick #1? I calculate their picks #27, 36, 46, 48, 55, 58 to be 2,215 points where 2,400 are needed to match at pick #1. The Pies would need to trade the 2022 3rd rounder tied to Freo back into this year to cover the points. I know everyone expects JHF to go #1 but it would be great to see.

dont think he is a ruck brother, like it would be great if he were but probs just pure forward right?
Hoping he might fill the KPD role long term
Something like a Darcy Moore if it pans out. Not sure if he is as mobile as Moore

So we've got Darcy fully covered for points and a bit left over (presuming he goes at 3 or lower) and all of our picks for next year - so a bit of spending power

There are 2 days of trading left. Bevo has said our Rucks will look different next year.

Like a hungry predator, Power is a gun at picking the lamest wildebeest in the pack when the time is right.

It just doesn't add up that we aren't sensing opportunity.

I will be very surprised if a last minute bid isn't at least attempted.

Am I correct that Collingwood don't have enough points to match a bid on Daicos at pick #1? I calculate their picks #27, 36, 46, 48, 55, 58 to be 2,215 points where 2,400 are needed to match at pick #1. The Pies would need to trade the 2022 3rd rounder tied to Freo back into this year to cover the points. I know everyone expects JHF to go #1 but it would be great to see.
Pies have 2 obvious solutions:

Split pick 27 on draft night
Get a pick for Lynch at about pick 55

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back