Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 4 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

footscray1973

Premiership Player
May 17, 2004
Pepperland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Jack Lonie has been delisted by St Kilda.
I know we were interested 12 months ago. I have a terrible feeling about this.

Hopefully that VFL Footscray Bulldogs team get in and sign him first! I don't want to hear about any sightings of him at Barkers for any other reason!

stefoid

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 8, 2002
home
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Jack Lonie has been delisted by St Kilda.
I know we were interested 12 months ago. I have a terrible feeling about this.

h1C164FDD

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Hopefully that VFL Footscray Bulldogs team get in and sign him first! I don't want to hear about any sightings of him at Barkers for any other reason!
On the one hand, I would love to see him playing for our VFL side. On the other, it does give me concern for the 2022 draft knowing that we seem to recruit a player from our VFL side every year...

Golden_6

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
What's the exact rules on list spots & the draft? The deal that the Tigers just did with the Pies for 27, we should've offered up pick 23 for the same deal. The Pies just got 200 extra points AND an extra third rounder next year.

Marty Hore and Kye Declase have been delisted
both good mature defenders, would be huge gets for Footscray or rookie option

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
What's the exact rules on list spots & the draft? The deal that the Tigers just did with the Pies for 27, we should've offered up pick 23 for the same deal. The Pies just got 200 extra points AND an extra third rounder next year.
Was there ever even confirmation that list spots matter this year? Or like 2020 can we just take whatever picks we have? The way clubs are trading makes me think the rule hasn’t even been changed back

Sep 7, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Manchester United
Marty Hore was a star before his ACL.

doggiesin08

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2007
australia
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bushrangers
It makes a lot more sense to do this trade live on draft day rather than in advance. It's not clear to me why Collingwood needed to do this deal now.

We already have a points excess to match Darcy at pick #2 so we don't need extra points this year. We should downgrade pick #23 for a lower pick this year while having just enough points to match Darcy and then taking the premium in 2022 picks. What we can afford to downgrade pick #23 to (and therefore the residual value we can take in 2022 picks) changes massively depending on where the bid for Darcy comes and so we should wait to know the answer before pulling the trigger. I suspect Sam Power will have pre-planned pick swaps lined up for every scenario between Darcy being bid on at pick #1 through #4 and the interaction with the Daicos bid.

TBOW

Premiership Player
Aug 9, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I'd suggest we didn't do that deal because we believe we can do better.

It is also worth noting that while that is a good deal for Collingwood, it is also pretty handy for us.
Collingwood now have 3 picks before our picks instead of 2, so if Daicos is bid on before Darcy our picks 43, 44 and 45 move two spots forward instead of 1 (They will then all be pushed back 1 when a pick is generated for Darcy). Also, confusing as it is, they are all effectively the same pick because each one will disappear and be replaced by the subsequent pick as part of the matching process. This means we effectively now have 3 pick 42's to match with instead of 3 pick 43's. Pick 52 will also improve by one spot due to this trade, all of which totals to an additional 64 points on the back of the Collingwood Richmond trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back