Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 4 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My god some of you posters are absolute babies. Would you not do the same to gws as they’re doing to us? Far out.
It’s not the Darcy bid but the non Daicos bid that I don’t understand. The AFL is a cut throat competition and all clubs should do what they can not to give a rival a break. Why would GWS do it? If Pies beat Giants in a GF in a few years I will thoroughly enjoy laughing at the Giants stupidity.

It’s not the Darcy bid but the non Daicos bid that I don’t understand. The AFL is a cut throat competition and all clubs should do what they can not to give a rival a break. Why would GWS do it? If Pies beat Giants in a GF in a few years I will thoroughly enjoy laughing at the Giants stupidity.

Big "if" I reckon personally. Their list is ageing, the quality coming in behind their early recruiting and recent departures is a level below, and they probably peaked in 2016 with 16 wins. Other clubs like us and Dees are younger and better, and are better coached, and other teams will rise and pass them. All those early draft gifts are history with no silverware to show. I think there may be, if not a cliff, a continuing trend down the ladder, from which that franchise does not have the people in place to rebuild. And I will enjoy the fall (fast or slow) immensely! :D

Right, if they bid on Darcy at 2 and then Daicos at 3 then it'd just be them being spiteful by prioritising us but still making sure that Collingwood paid up as well. That they have made no indication of bidding on Daicos at all is what has me suspecting a backroom deal thanks to them getting Collingwood's first.

...they probably peaked in 2016 with 16 wins. Other clubs like us and Dees are younger and better, and are better coached, and other teams will rise and pass them. All those early draft gifts are history with no silverware to show. I think there may be, if not a cliff, a continuing trend down the ladder, from which that franchise does not have the people in place to rebuild. And I will enjoy the fall (fast or slow) immensely! :D

b14b28ed5e6404e68be574f53b81679b.gif

If Collingwood even make the finals in the next few years I'll be surprised.
Genuine spoon chance next year, especially with Pendles slowing down and an injury cloud over Adams.

Because on some level they are just people, people who know each other and have to work with each other, not draft-value-optimizing robots. I fully expect the idea of bidding on Daicos with Collingwood's own pick 2 which was already a massive steal for them, and doing so for very very marginal gain, just doesn't seem necessary to GWS. And honestly I agree.

We're getting a pick 2 for pennies, let's just be happy ey.

Right, if they bid on Darcy at 2 and then Daicos at 3 then it'd just be them being spiteful by prioritising us but still making sure that Collingwood paid up as well. That they have made no indication of bidding on Daicos at all is what has me suspecting a backroom deal thanks to them getting Collingwood's first.
There's also the possibility that GWS are trying to strong arm us into doing a trade with them.
Maybe they want us to trade 23 for their future second and we would rather do a deal with someone else to avoid being bullied.

I don't think that professionals who's job it is to navigate this period for a club would do anything out of spite - it is purely about maximising the return for your club.

Adrian Caruso even worked for us before he went to GWS and probably doesn't even barrack for them.
It is really only fans who have this "screw everyone else" mentality.

There's also the possibility that GWS are trying to strong arm us into doing a trade with them.
Maybe they want us to trade 23 for their future second and we would rather do a deal with someone else to avoid being bullied.

I don't think that professionals who's job it is to navigate this period for a club would do anything out of spite - it is purely about maximising the return for your club.

Adrian Caruso even worked for us before he went to GWS and probably doesn't even barrack for them.
It is really only fans who have this "screw everyone else" mentality.

Dodoro laughs at this suggestion.... ;)

Worst kept secret and a yawn fest. GWS selecting player they rate highest after earlier stating it would be needs based. So bid on a giraffe then ignore best mid in draft and take another mid.
No matter he’s now ours.
If I was Power I would have met with Mummy’s manager and told them you’d be drafting him If Darcy went at 2 and you only hada late pick/picks.

Last edited:
So far this off season we have traded out 2 non best 22 players and traded in 1 player who looks like he will be best 22.

We have somehow turned pick 17 into picks 2 and 41 and simultaneously strengthened our 2022 hand (presuming we finish higher than Norf).

That's nuts and yet some posters seem underwhelmed by Sam's efforts. Sheesh

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So far this off season we have traded out 2 non best 22 players and traded in 1 player who looks like he will be best 22.

We have somehow turned pick 17 into picks 2 and 41 and simultaneously strengthened our 2022 hand (presuming we finish higher than Norf).

Give Sam power a 10 year contract extension he’s done well since he has been at the club

i don’t understand how the hell we have managed to get back in at 41, let alone north’s 3rd rounder next year, with the hand we had before trade period. The blokes a magician.

Our next pick is ahead of Collingwood’s by about 4 places. Considering we had to spend a few hundred more points on Darcy than they did Daicos, and we were GFs and they were second last, that’s a fairly good outcome.

They’re still stuck in the miasma of fail that Ned Guy left them in

He has done such a good job that it will have people justifiably looking at the bidding and points system for F/S and NGA. Good on Sam for manipulating it but it is flawed clearly.

Yes from a Bulldogs perspective we should be rapt, but let’s be honest if this is was Geelong or Richmond we would be up in arms at how a club could turn pick 17 and two fringe players into pick 2 and pick 41.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back