Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this is the right thread, but thought a bit of positivity around here would help -

Been working at a gym in port Melbourne for the last few weeks, and every day since the season’s finished Lachie Hunter’s come in and trained his ass off for 3-4 hours a day. For a bloke in his off season after a year he might’ve wanted to forget, thought that was a seriously impressive effort
What does a 4 hour gym session look like that you can back up day after day? I could maybe get to 2 hours if you count an hour of scrolling (BigFooty of course) on my phone between sets.

100% leaving.... bagging the coach, club and players on the way out.
What a *in flog, gifted the campaigner a flag in his first year can’t be that bad.

Whilst I agree the coach stinks and is a bit of a flog himself, and hasn’t always utilised Dunks correctly but if this is true bagging his teammates & the club on the way out then can’t wait to see the back of him.

At least where he’s likely going he’ll never see any success, hope his career fizzles out

I think it shows we are a better team when he plays. He has his failings but when playing well he is a net positive.

I like him as a high half forward that covers the entire ground.
I mean I’d much prefer him in the side over the other crabs we roll through his position at times and he has some really solid attributes at his best but geez he is just a ball movement killer on the wing - he can actually be really creative with his short kicks & especially his hands but he has absolutely zero confidence in his ball use for the most part and is just so bloody slow to make a decision.

I think the games moving away from wingers like him and our lack of damage through our wings is a big part of our struggles, I agree maybe a high half forward role who can push up into the contest where he’s really handy and then hopefully work his opponent over back towards goal. That would be my aim for him.

I was honestly excited about the potential of getting different sorts onto our wings when he had some time off this year - but in the end we ended up going with a mix of the likes of McComb, McNeil, Scott etc who all have all the same weaknesses as Hunter but none of the strengths. We need a combination of height, speed & long, accurate disposal. Praying Bedendo has a big preseason if we don’t address this need at the trade table.

What a *in flog, gifted the campaigner a flag in his first year can’t be that bad.

Whilst I agree the coach stinks and is a bit of a flog himself, and hasn’t always utilised Dunks correctly but if this is true bagging his teammates & the club on the way out then can’t wait to see the back of him.

At least where he’s likely going he’ll never see any success, hope his career fizzles out

Ryan Griffen left and we won a flag two years later. I hope that the playing group make it their business, as a matter of pride, to rub it in Josh's face by playing extraordinarily well and reaching the pinnacle once again.

100% leaving.... bagging the coach, club and players on the way out.
Is this reported anywhere or just what you have heard? Will be interesting watching the body language at the Brownlow. Bont was never as friendly with him once he said he wanted to be traded to Essendon.

Zero evidence Dunks has done any of this is there

Zero evidence Dunks has done any of this is there
I’m happy to back in the posters insider knowledge considering his track record (knew about Bruce months before it hit media, so obviously has decent sources)

Plus it adds up considering what we know of Dunks in the past and the fact that from all reports he’s leaving for similar money

Is this reported anywhere or just what you have heard? Will be interesting watching the body language at the Brownlow. Bont was never as friendly with him once he said he wanted to be traded to Essendon.
Bont & Dunks were the biggest bromance around before his Dons trade request and then Treloar took Bont’s bestie role.

Maybe that move got him less popular with a chunk of the playing group and hence he wants out of there?

That makes as much sense as wanting to move further away from family and on about the same coin we could pay him.

It was a shame when the Pies got themselves into their cap mess…. That we couldn’t convince Darcy Moore to move. He is the 1 Pies player I have always wanted (although Pendlebury would easily be number 2).

It was a shame when the Pies got themselves into their cap mess…. That we couldn’t convince Darcy Moore to move. He is the 1 Pies player I have always wanted (although Pendlebury would easily be number 2).
Moore doesn't shut down an opponent though.
Incredible player in the right system, but I don't think the way we play helps him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn’t he fit right in then Mofra? Our defenders don’t shut down opponents either! Actually Doc does.
Sad but true

If there’s any truth to Dunkley being toxic on the way out I’d tell him we aren’t dealing with Brisbane. It’s Port Adelaide or we’re happy to get nothing for you and let you run the PSD gauntlet.
Toxic? In what way? Some home truths would actually be beneficial. But Josh has a toxic father which doesn’t help his cause.

Toxic? In what way? Some home truths would actually be beneficial. But Josh has a toxic father which doesn’t help his cause.
If he’s insulting coaches, the club and players I can’t imagine that’s overly constrictive.

Insulting or bagging out the coach and playing group doesn't sound like Dunkley to me. Maybe he told a few home truths and then chinese whispers happened.
With the clubs performance this year, both of those things deserve bagging. The players didn't show up and the coaches would have been better off not showing up.

If there's slight truth to it, it's made me like Dunkley even more

With the clubs performance this year, both of those things deserve bagging. The players didn't show up and the coaches would have been better off not showing up.

If there's slight truth to it, it's made me like Dunkley even more

I can't accept that this Dunkley stuff is true.

Seems to get on well with his team mates.
No evidence to suggest otherwise.

Anyone ITK, please PM me if I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back