Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

BLACAE

Team Captain
Sep 16, 2018
Toowoomba, QLD
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
SEM Pheonix, Tas Jack Jumpers
I know that Carlton were apparently making a play for McAsey and he was spotted in Melb I think and indicated he might be returning to Melb to an interested club, but no indication who. Is it known for sure if its Carlton?

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Optimistic Dog

Club Legend
Oct 11, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I must admit I am starting to get jealous of the cats. They are always up there win the flag and now are front runners for Bruhn, Henr, Bowes with pick 7 an apparently with plenty of cap space. They must have the most gracious players in history the game or a some financial wizard to manage all this or as they say players take less for the lifestyle.

Libbaaaa

Club Legend
Jun 1, 2021
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I must admit I am starting to get jealous of the cats. They are always up there win the flag and now are front runners for Bruhn, Henr, Bowes with pick 7 an apparently with plenty of cap space. They must have the most gracious players in history the game or a some financial wizard to manage all this or as they say players take less for the lifestyle.
Bruhn and Henry is the go home/from Geelong BS though, not much you can do about that.

adogsfan5

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 12, 2020
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Culture, well run club, always plying finals, get to live near the beach, what’s not to like?

dergert

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 17, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
"lifestyle"- lol AFL players will get the same lazy lifestyle wherever they live.

VitalDread

The Unofficial Face of Bigfooty Bulldogs-NGA & VFL
Oct 9, 2011
Cranbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
"lifestyle"- lol AFL players will get the same lazy lifestyle wherever they live.
Jfy1.gif

Dogs Rule

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 27, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray

A bit if creative accounting no doubt. Equalisation is dead.

The 'lifestyle' is crock. They just Cotton On to the vacant land, new developments and farms down Geelong way 😉

immortalmike

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 11, 2008
West Footscray
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
immortalmike said it a while back and it's resonated with me.. on field leadership needs to be a priority. We are really missing vocal respected veterans that don't cop s**t from younger teammates. Bont and Macrae seem like brilliant pacifists. I think it's why we're so much better with a fit and healthy Bruce. Because he's that mature professional who is willing to knock bodies.

I support the talent side of the Lobb acquisition to support Tim and Aaron until Darcy gets there, but he's got the opposite energy of Bruce.
Wonder if Selwood would like to spend a year on our list as a player/coach?

Could always give Toby and Cody pointers on their arm raise.

X_box_X

The Opportunist
Mar 15, 2001
DogLands
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chelsea
There is absolutely no way Selwood will spend a year playing for another club. He has retired on his own accord. He could have played on for another year with the full support of everyone at Geelong if he wanted.

Getting him in the soft cap as a coach, now that's a different talking point. I can see Selwood being open to that (not necessarily with us, but being a coach outside of Geelong in 2023).

ThePhreshOne

Premium Gold
Apr 5, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
The Selwood stuff sounds nice in theory but something tells me he might take a year off. Has a baby on the way, just a gut feel.

Golden_6

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
The Selwood stuff sounds nice in theory but something tells me he might take a year off. Has a baby on the way, just a gut feel.
Absolutely. I think he would love 12 months to rest, recover and spend time with his new family. In saying that, he might be able to be convinced into a part time 1 or 2 day part-time development role. How much value that actually provides to a club is up for debate.