Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charlie Curnow is solid too.

Some mug traded the pick he was taken with for two later selections. Can’t quite think of the club.

There’s a world where we didn’t get Dunkley and Collins, and just took Curnow. Naughton might have been playing KPD.

I know every team has those what if moments (Billings and McCartin instead of Bont and Petracca anyone?) but it’d be interesting to think where we might be now.

Yep staggering, he is wholehearted in his efforts and is embraced by the players and the club itself and has not sprung anything on the club.

When I heard what I heard, my thoughts went straight to I hope is ok and makes the best decision for himself if it was true.

The personal attacks on the players on here are disgraceful and why I have stopped posting for a while.

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

One of the reasons I don’t post much here at all. At times reminds me of the Facebook page which I left.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

There’s a world where we didn’t get Dunkley and Collins, and just took Curnow. Naughton might have been playing KPD.

I know every team has those what if moments (Billings and McCartin instead of Bont and Petracca anyone?) but it’d be interesting to think where we might be now.
We definitely got a lot of value out of Dunkley, and we’re likely to get some strong trade value out of his departure.

I think if we’d taken a tot her good player instead of Collins you’d call it an astute trade. If you’d taken Dunkley at pick 11 you’d probably not be all that concerned.

Definitely not one to agonise over. Curnow forward and Naughton back would be great though.

We definitely got a lot of value out of Dunkley, and we’re likely to get some strong trade value out of his departure.

I think if we’d taken a tot her good player instead of Collins you’d call it an astute trade. If you’d taken Dunkley at pick 11 you’d probably not be all that concerned.

Definitely not one to agonise over. Curnow forward and Naughton back would be great though.
I think if dogs took Charlie he would of wanted to be traded to blues anyways to play with his brother.

The slagging off of Treloar is pretty disgusting guys. I think the whole board collectively needs to pull their head in.

The dude has a well-known illness that is known to make a person act in ways that many cannot relate to. Talking about him not looking happy, having poor body language or needing a security blanket is ignorant regressive bullshit.
Agreed

Everyone in here loves Treloar mate.
We are all supporters of the club, if something annoys someone about a player, why can’t they post their thoughts on here? Doesn’t mean they want bad things to happen to Adsy. It’s a footy forum, it’s a discussion.
If someone is saying to f** him off then yeah, I’d have a problem with that.
Some on here have said that.

Jayden Hunt to sign with the Eagles. Unrestricted free agent.

Quick, decent player and we need pace so would have thought we would have a go but I guess not.

Freo have Tucker, Logue & Acres to trade too. They're going to fine to satisfy dees for Jackson.
Dee's allegedly want a top 10 pick and a future 1st they are going to require a bit to get up that high and they also want to bring in Sharp from the Suns. Most likely Lobb does get traded wouldn't be devastated if he didn't though time will tell

I agree with those who have had enough of the attacks on players that have surfaced again on here. I don't like limiting discussion but I think collectively we have started to cross the line and we now are seeing really unwarranted personal attacks and insults directed at players.

If you would like a little more stringent moderating on this topic give this post a thumbs-up... and if you want things to remain as they are, give this post a thumbs-down. That might be a way of testing the temperature of posters on this board.

Does this mean the relentless shitting on of players like McComb and Co gets pulled up also?

For a laugh you lot should check at the Freo board. They think Bulldogs want Lobb so bad that you should give up pick 11 or pick 15 from Brisbane. It's insane reading.

Lobb wouldn't even be rated as a pick in the 20s. Be around pick 30 at the most. Not even sure why Bulldogs even want Lobb at all. Your tall forwards are alright. It would be better for you guys to get some quality small forward crumbers. That's more where I feel you fall down a little. I'm a little confused on why you guys even want Lobb.
I see your list and Norton, Bruce Hagan, Darcy. But not much quality smalls.

Whats your take on this.
I’ve also read 2 seconds and a player suggested as a fair trade. I really hope we just offer a second or even North’s third and just walk away.

It's pretty clear that Fremantle are going to ensure they get something more than Pick 30 for Lobb, and if we can't involve our Pick 11 in a deal which sees us getting Pick 13 (or similar) back, then we are going to have to use one of Brisbane's picks to trade down to something more suitable. For example, Pick 15 for Picks 20 & 39 from West Coast, with 20 going to Freo for Lobb.
Lobb really isn’t worth splitting first rounders up for. We need to turn Dunkley compensation into top end talent to set us up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve also read 2 seconds and a player suggested as a fair trade. I really hope we just offer a second or even North’s third and just walk away.
This is one not to get sucked into oppo fans crap it’ll be done for a 2nd the whole world knows it they’re just trying to pretend otherwise. We could be equally as delusional and say we want 2 top 5 picks for Dunkley as his value to us is huge and Brisbane must pay as they can’t get him through the PSD but I’m glad we are on the side that everyone else bar Freo fans has worked out we have a good understanding of player value and don’t become dogmatic with ridiculously over priced comments

I agree with those who have had enough of the attacks on players that have surfaced again on here. I don't like limiting discussion but I think collectively we have started to cross the line and we now are seeing really unwarranted personal attacks and insults directed at players.

If you would like a little more stringent moderating on this topic give this post a thumbs-up... and if you want things to remain as they are, give this post a thumbs-down. That might be a way of testing the temperature of posters on this board.
Well, the "score" thus far is 54 likes to 1 dislike. That's in a little under 24 hours since I asked the question. I'm suggesting there is a clear consensus that we should have less tolerance for personal attacks on players and for vilifying individual players in general.

I'd ask that all posters comply with the wishes of your fellow Bulldog supporters and with the Rules of the site and to be civil and respectful when discussing players.

Does this mean the relentless shitting on of players like McComb and Co gets pulled up also?

History’ always shows you supporters always pick one or two players and just get on the bandwagon to relentless shitting on specific players Here are a few players in the history of supporting the club I have seen this happen too Simon Atkins Nathan Eagleton Daniel Bandy Mark Cullen Nigel Kellet.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Saying they are bad footballers is different to attacking the individual person or their mental state. Why does this have to be pointed out? If you don’t like a post just ignore and report it if you think it crossed a line and dont escalate by quoting it.

Saying they are bad footballers is different to attacking the individual person or their mental state. Why does this have to be pointed out? If you don’t like a post just ignore and report it if you think it crossed a line and dont escalate by quoting it.
No one did that though regarding Treloar. The stuff McComb , Dunkley, Gardner, Hunter get is ten times worse than questioning whether it’s a good look that Treloar allegedly went the Pies B&F.

You’ve got your head stuck in the sand if you think some of the posts about McComb are only that he’s a “bad footballer”. Some of the comments on him and Gardiner across the last 12-24 months have been disgraceful.

Why do you think some players refrain from social media? Because for players like the two I mentioned, it means they don’t have to read the abuse handed out to them by some supporters. In here included.

It all comes down to giving all players that pull on our jumper due respect , regardless of their ability.
The forum is about discussion on all sorts of things including player deficiencies.
I have no problems with that criticism as long as it’s not personal.

No one did that though regarding Treloar. The stuff McComb , Dunkley, Gardner, Hunter get is ten times worse than questioning whether it’s a good look that Treloar allegedly went the Pies B&F.
Did it even happen though? A random poster suggested he was at the B&F with his partner who was actually in QLD at the time. There’s been no mention of it anywhere (Pies board, media etc.) other than that one poster.

It's absolutely ok to question the wisdom and the optics of Treloar choosing to attend the Collingwood B&F (if it is true that he attended). It's not ok to then proceed to ridicule and vilify Treloar when there is not a skerrick of evidence to support the personal attacks on his character and his contribution to the club and team.

Did it even happen though? A random poster suggested he was at the B&F with his partner who was actually in QLD at the time. There’s been no mention of it anywhere (Pies board, media etc.) other than that one poster.
Hence allegedly. Time to move on I think. It was completely unnecessary for Treloars issues to be brought up and “used” in this instance.

You’ve got your head stuck in the sand if you think some of the posts about McComb are only that he’s a “bad footballer”. Some of the comments on him and Gardiner across the last 12-24 months have been disgraceful.

Why do you think some players refrain from social media? Because for players like the two I mentioned, it means they don’t have to read the abuse handed out to them by some supporters. In here included.
Add Lewy and Jong's names to that list.
All the above mentioned players have been solid citizens for the club, tried their very best within the boundary's of their skill set, they were all depth players who were so proud to pull on the dogs Jersey.
But there is a group of supporters on here that relentless bash them. WTF??
Is it the social media conundrum?
If they don't meet your instant gratification, they must be s**t.

Here's a thought, maybe your expectations are way off the mark, the issues are more about you, than the doggies players you are bagging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back