Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the ones to watch here are Geelong especially if they win the flag, can see a heap of their players hanging up their boots if they get their hands on the big one. Will have dollars to spend, Dunkley would be straight into their best 23 even without Selwood, Smith, Stanley and Higgins retiring, can’t see any of them going round again if they win it.
They’re supposedly into Hopper so would make sense particularly if he ends up at the Tigers

Not sure why port are trying to trade bergman unless he is homesick. He's a good wingman for his age. Dogs need a wingman like him especially with Hunter's problems atm. Last week the wings were Williams and Macrae. That didn't look good at all. Macrae got beaten on pace and Williams wasn't much better.

Not sure why port are trying to trade bergman unless he is homesick. He's a good wingman for his age. Dogs need a wingman like him especially with Hunter's problems atm. Last week the wings were Williams and Macrae. That didn't look good at all. Macrae got beaten on pace and Williams wasn't much better.
The rumour is Bergman wants to return to Vic.

I think the ones to watch here are Geelong especially if they win the flag, can see a heap of their players hanging up their boots if they get their hands on the big one. Will have dollars to spend, Dunkley would be straight into their best 23 even without Selwood, Smith, Stanley and Higgins retiring, can’t see any of them going round again if they win it.
Dunkley is too young for Geelong to be interested in him. Todd Goldstein and Buddy Franklin would be top of their list.

If you think my post was anything other than a p1ss take, I have a contract with Port Adelaide for 2023 to offer you. :)

Your post gave me a good laugh. Exactly what all the Dunks theories have turned into.
Funnier still, there will no doubt be people who didn't read it for what it was, and regurgitate the joke as facts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t think you need to be sceptical. There were 2 posters with the same info. This forum was always a better place when Fronk and co passed on what they heard but because they get questioned on the legitimacy of their info they rarely post anymore and why would they.
Of course I do. Cynicism and scepticism is the fuel of life.

If anybody is comfortable enough to anonymously and publicly divulge a tidbit of inside info that comes their way. Then they should be just as comfortable to have said info's legitimacy questioned on a public forum. If they aren't then they can hang onto information that is of real no value outside of a place like this. But we know thats not how these things work.

Of course I do. Cynicism and scepticism is the fuel of life.

If anybody is comfortable enough to anonymously and publicly divulge a tidbit of inside info that comes their way. Then they should be just as comfortable to have said info's legitimacy questioned on a public forum. If they aren't then they can hang onto information that is of real no value outside of a place like this. But we know thats not how these things work.
Scepticism is fine. It just depends how it’s done.

It’s possible to question a post presented in good faith without mocking or belittling the poster.

(Just speaking generally… I’ve no idea which posts you’re referring to)

Scepticism is fine.
Ok , then I am sceptical about our need for Lobb on a four year deal. I see it as hindering Darcy’s development. Naughton, JUH, Bruce and Darcy are fine up forward ( given all May not be available all the time) particularly if English will spend some time there too.
Unless of course they see Darcy’s first few years at CHB then I am unsceptical. ( Or insceptical or dissceptical whatever the grammar police accept)

I just cannot see a world in which we are offering Lobb 4 years. He'll be 30 before the season starts, I can't remember a single 30 year old ever getting a 4 year deal.

I just cannot see a world in which we are offering Lobb 4 years. He'll be 30 before the season starts, I can't remember a single 30 year old ever getting a 4 year deal.
yeah you'd think that if we didn't even offered Libba four years last year when he was in arguably career-best form that we wouldn't even consider Lobb for four years

Ok , then I am sceptical about our need for Lobb on a four year deal. I see it as hindering Darcy’s development. Naughton, JUH, Bruce and Darcy are fine up forward ( given all May not be available all the time) particularly if English will spend some time there too.
Unless of course they see Darcy’s first few years at CHB then I am unsceptical. ( Or insceptical or dissceptical whatever the grammar police accept)
That's assuming Bruce plays beyond next year, let alone all of next year.
I fear he's cooked so Lobb, Naughton and JUH is a solid KPF trio with Darcy developing down back (and Darcy may only play a handful of games next year).

2024-25 Darcy should be aiming to play regular football and we're not even sure he'll be a forward by that stage. Lobb's final year might just be the perfect time for Darcy to transition from defence to forward.

I thought it was 3?
I'm far more concerned at Jones' 3 year deal as a 32 year old after 12+ months out of the game

I thought it was 3?
I'm far more concerned at Jones' 3 year deal as a 32 year old after 12+ months out of the game
I'm sure it is 3 but some nuffie media member said 4 last week and it is being run with in certain circles. Lobb has $750k left on his deal next year, if we get him that gets torn up and we most likely give him $1.5m over 3.

Agree with the Jones 3 year deal as being risky but you would hope year 3 has some decent triggers in there and isn't fully guaranteed.

I'm sure it is 3 but some nuffie media member said 4 last week and it is being run with in certain circles. Lobb has $750k left on his deal next year, if we get him that gets torn up and we most likely give him $1.5m over 3.

Agree with the Jones 3 year deal as being risky but you would hope year 3 has some decent triggers in there and isn't fully guaranteed.
That's what I'm hoping - 2 + trigger.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back