Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Inbetweener

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 25, 2011
Footscray
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
He has previously said they manage their relationship quite well travelling frequently between the cities (both of them). Treloar’s partner lives in Qld, English’s in Perth, not so easy for them.
Yeah I know. Just pointing that out as the original post said the only mention of his girlfriend was from the presenter

Chops

Club Legend
Feb 11, 2002
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Wowee would you have thought the same if for example Tom Boyd on 1mil wanted to leave and we were picking up the 300k balance?

I think not.
If we needed the cap space yes.

The huge difference is Collingwood need to give him away
Tom Boyd wasn’t on a 1M at Gws either

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2004
Essendon
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
MAN U/BROOKLYN NETS
List turnover maybe more than I anticipated or thought of.

Dunkley, Schache, Crozier, JJ, West, Zaine, Martin, Hunter, Duryea, Butler, R Smith (may have missed some also)

Not saying all the above will go but all of them are either looking at retirement, not signed or signed and may be moved on as per reports

That’s without any others we may not know of.

Much work to be done both on the playing list and coaches. strong leadership is required.

Aug 14, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Dunkley, Schache, Crozier, JJ, West, Zaine, Martin, Hunter, Duryea, Butler, R Smith (may have missed some also)

Not saying all the above will go but all of them are either looking at retirement, not signed or signed and may be moved on as per reports

Much work to be done both on the playing list and coaches. strong leadership is required.
Have said this earlier in the thread, but we have too many older players not in our best side, so we need to clear some.

General view seems to be Wallis will get a year but it’s no certainty. If a few leave I’d like him to stay. Quality bloke and good depth who won’t be holding up a kid if there’s turnover elsewhere.

In some drafts the top end is stacked and it’s slim pickings after 10, and in others there’s a pretty even top 30. Haven’t kept up with this draft but we could do as we did in ‘15 (ironically seeing us get Dunkley) and split an early pick to get more quantity of quality if it has depth.

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Roarke is contracted, are there reports he might go? Would hope not, is handy as backup.

Duryea also was reported to be close to signing a 1 year deal last week.

Roarke is contracted, are there reports he might go? Would hope not, is handy as backup.

Martin will surely retire, and no club would take Hunter.

Oct 4, 2004
Essendon
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
MAN U/BROOKLYN NETS

I didn’t realise Roarke was contracted apologies

Testekill

Don't look at me like that
Dec 3, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray Bulldogs, Williamstown
I didn’t realise Roarke was contracted apologies

Plus Roarke is the least of our problems and should have been backed in to play on the wing for more of this season. He's depth but nobody we shuffled through that position was that outstanding to begin with.

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
T'Wolves/Patrick Beverley/Footscray
Plus Roarke is the least of our problems and should have been backed in to play on the wing for more of this season. He's depth but nobody we shuffled through that position was that outstanding to begin with.
I think this is a bit revisionist. Roarke's form was nowhere near good enough for much of the year. Great late form though, for sure.

TommyD13

Premiership Player
Jul 31, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Adelaide United Southampton
Have said this earlier in the thread, but we have too many older players not in our best side, so we need to clear some.

General view seems to be Wallis will get a year but it’s no certainty. If a few of I’d like him to stay. Quality bloke and good depth who won’t be holding up a kid if there’s turnover elsewhere.

In some drafts the top end is stacked and it’s slim pickings after 10, and in others there’s a pretty even top 30. Haven’t kept up with this draft but we could do as we did in ‘15 (ironically seeing us get Dunkley) and split an early pick to get more quantity of quality if it has depth.

This is something I’ve been quite strong on (not on here) about our list. Should not have the amount of 100+ gamers that we do that consistently don’t get a game. Time to chop and get some cheap depth or young talent. Expensive, experienced players who cannot get a game in the ones kill lists.

LittleG

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

I am not sure IF we paid a fair bit of his salary, would we be able to find a club to take him.

Geelong might be the only option, which is where he should have gone before we contracted him long term. A real missed opportunity to ship him off for actual usable draft picks.

Aug 14, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
This is something I’ve been quite strong on (not on here) about our list. Should not have the amount of 100+ gamers that we do that consistently don’t get a game. Time to chop and get some cheap depth or young talent. Expensive, experienced players who cannot get a game in the ones kill lists.
Yeah this year we were carrying Schache, Wallis, Crozier, Hunter, Bruce, McLean, O’Brien and Keath all of whom were in bad form or out of the side and all of whom would have been on ok to very good contracts.

Injuries obviously were part of it for a few of them. Some might bounce back next year but that’s a lot of waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back