Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like GWS will have a stack of picks this year.
Any consideration to trade our first down to a late first and pick up an extra second? This could be a year to really hit the draft hard
Great option for live trades, the draft seems so even from about 6-25. We have elite talent in every area of the ground, what we need to do is improve the bottom end of the 22. Replacing guys like Vandermeer, McComb, Williams, Cordy or Smith with players like Weddle, Clark, Konstanty would be ideal

Sounds like BS from Walls. Says they have no intention of trading Lobb yet says they have had conversations about him. Then doubles down further and says "I expect him to be at Freo next season. Goes from saying there is no way he will be traded to now just expecting him to be at Freo. If you could bet on trades, I'd put a packet on Lobb being at the dogs next season.

Last edited:
Sounds like BS from Walls. Says they have no intention of trading Lobb yet says they have had conversations about him. Then doubles down further and says "I expect him to be at Freo next season. Goes from saying there is no way he will be traded to now just expecting him to be at Freo. If you could bet on trades, I'd put a packet on Lobb being at the dogs next season.
Once they have Jackson in the bag they’ll able to trod out “circumstances changed one we acquired Luke and only then did we consider trading Rory”

Taranto for 12 and 19 confirmed
Wait a club targeted an out of contract player, realised they still have zero leverage as their only method of bringing him in is trading with his current club, yet paid a fair & reasonable - for both clubs - price and got it sorted on day one without ******* around.

Tigs list manager should be shot, blokes got no idea on how negotiating in good faith works

Still don’t know why Richmond have paid this and didn’t even get steak knives back, unless Hopper will be cheap for some reason.

Enjoy Tigerland, Timmy!

View attachment 1524989
Instead of a few moments later insert "a 7 year deal later".

Also Giants have done very well getting a future 2nd from Collingwood for a completely unproven player like Bobby Hill.

Wait a club targeted an out of contract player, realised they still have zero leverage as their only method of bringing him in is trading with his current club, yet paid a fair & reasonable - for both clubs - price and got it sorted on day one without ******* around.

Tigs list manager should be shot, blokes got no idea on how negotiating in good faith works

Who is the Brisbane list manager? There's your guide, my friend.

Ditto for the Freo numpties.

Instead of a few moments later insert "a 7 year deal later".

Also Giants have done very well getting a future 2nd from Collingwood for a completely unproven player like Bobby Hill.
That's true, but they regularly get a heap of good picks, only to draft another crop of nursery fodder for the Richmond, Collingwood and Geelong's of the comp.

Read as:

“I stared into Sam Power’s eyes and know I am a dead man walking.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's true, but they regularly get a heap of good picks, only to draft another crop of nursery fodder for the Richmond, Collingwood and Geelong's of the comp.
The next step will be for the AFL to allow Geelong to loan out their kids to GWS and GC to get real experience until they can get a game at the Cats.

Given his track record, and even if he has a mis-step at some point (unlikely, but you never know), Sam Power is hands-down the best trade negotiator this club has ever had, just on the evidence of the last few seasons.

(If only he'd been here for the Boyd/Griffen or Rawlings/Street/Koops/Veale deals!)

The next step will be for the AFL to allow Geelong to loan out their kids to GWS and GC to get real experience until they can get a game at the Cats.

Hey! You've just stolen their idea, but only Geelong/Western Districts kids though so they can tug at the heartstrings and beg to 'come home'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back