Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d have a crack if he came cheap. He’s in and under. Dunks can’t kick either and he went alright.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Dunks can't kick, but Crouch refuses to kick. Dunkley is a manic tackling machine that can contested mark.
He bobs up and kicks a goal a game also.
Crouch offers nothing other than accumulation

Maybe the delay in announcing Jones was waiting to hear from the AFL whether we would be entitled to compo for Zaine.

Thanks for the memories Zaine, we all love the knee of god but even more impressive is the tackle he lays on Hannebery in the first quarter of the granny, a few minutes before he nails Mills holding the ball. Such a brutal tackle that you don’t even see him coming.

Last edited:
They said he will be a forward but are not so sure now it is the best thing for the team and are willing to play him in defence. That is why they are so keen to get Lobb for.

Naughton's defensive pressure for a key forward is extremely undervalued. Lobb and Darcy in the same forward line is not something I want to see. Ball hits the ground and it slingshots across in the park in an already brittle defensive zone.

They said he will be a forward but are not so sure now it is the best thing for the team and are willing to play him in defence. That is why they are so keen to get Lobb for.
Ah yes more consistency from our coaching group. Sometimes it feels like we have NFI what we’re doing or worse yet, what we’re actually trying to do…

I’d say we will get more clarity tomorrow
Listening to Sammy, he mentions the hold up for Jones was a UFA and where they sit, so it sounds like we have already enquired, as this was on the cards.

If we threw our hat in the ring I’d assume we would do some due diligence and be confident he’s fully committed

McDonald-Tipingwuti would need to be fitter than he was at the Bombers for me to be interested. That spare tyre wasn’t helping him become his best self.

Tippa is 30 by April next year has always had fitness issues and now also has commitment issues and hasn't played or trained for a year wouldn't go near him with a 10 foot pole

If we are after a small forward (we should be), then I would rather go to the draft.

I saw a few Dragons games this year and Charlie Clarke looked the goods. Not sure where he would go in the draft, but he kicked 30 goals from 15 matches and is a bull in a China shop sort of player. A Clay Smith type.

If we could pick him up in the second round, I would be happy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty disappointing to lose him, you could have worse depth than Zaine. IMO we needed at least 2 more KPD’s on the list before the trade period, so now we still need at least 2.

Very disappointed and sad to see Zaine Cordy go.

Has been the most under appreciated player at the club since 2016. He carried a huge load for a number of seasons, stood up in numerous big games including finals and is a far better footballer than most Bulldog supporters realise.

If Zaine did nothing in his years with us other than the opening 10 minutes of the 2016 GF he'd still be a legend.

When we most needed hardness and nerve, that massive tackle on Hanneberry, that boundary line goal.

Who knows how things moght have panned out without them?

You are a legend Zaine.

Don’t forget either that one of his near final acts as a Bullgod was a perfectly executed shirtfront against GWS. Will miss his hardness and flying the flag for his mates.

Don’t forget either that one of his near final acts as a Bullgod was a perfectly executed shirtfront against GWS. Will miss his hardness and flying the flag for his mates.
Not to mention he kicked 2 very important goals in that prelim, with just 10 games experience behind him at the time. Like so many others he stood up when it counted.

A true mystery and potentially an indictment on our club so few of our premiership players have finished their careers or had full careers at our club. Are there any comparable sides that have had so many gone in such a short period of time?

A true mystery and potentially an indictment on our club so few of our premiership players have finished their careers or had full careers at our club. Are there any comparable sides that have had so many gone in such a short period of time?
Footscray 1954?!

Whitten was the only one left in the 1961 GF only 7 years after the 54 flag. Some of them retired (a few at 27/28, a few at 30), three played at other clubs (Reynolds, Stockman and Kerr), Martin took a well-paying country gig for 1955, Ross went back to the country at 24yo, Edwards left VFL at 26yo, Box left at 25 due to a falling out, McCarthy's VFL career was over by 22.

Even at the start of the 1959 season, only Whitten (as captain-coach), Gallagher and Edwards were still playing at the club, just over 4 years after the flag.

So to have (at least) 6 still here going into 2023 is actually better than the 54 side. :(

Dunks can't kick, but Crouch refuses to kick. Dunkley is a manic tackling machine that can contested mark.
He bobs up and kicks a goal a game also.
Crouch offers nothing other than accumulation

Agreed. But crouch is a natural at winning the ball in a pack and dishing it out to the class kicks. Bailey smith would lick his lips (I’ll get my hat…)

Not an indictment at all. How about the players take some responsibility for themselves?

Sad to see Cords depart. Proper dog. A bit sheet but all heart.

Defo glad to see a bunch of sub par kicks depart tho.

Helicopter hunter, floater dunks and side barn cordy… thanks for your service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back