Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We really do love extending players longer than they warrant.

I don’t mind VDM on the list but his injury history and form has suggested nothing beyond a one year goodwill extension. If his body doesn’t significantly improve this year and early next, we’re stuck with more dead weight on the list.

Good show of faith for Vanders.

Think we’ll see his best at half back. Seems his more natural position and where he was drafted.

Would be exciting having him and JJ, Richards, Dale running it out of defence.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

This raises an interesting point, given you've nominated 4 smalls, which only leaves 2 spots for KPD (of course there's horses for courses scenarios where we'd need to replace one of those 4 with a third tall, or at least a medium).

Unless...

Eade often used Gilbee - later in his tenure, and all 180cm of him - on oppo talls, if the match up worked, and Lindsay could break even in the air, as he could kill them at ground level then send booming 60m passes upfield.

Richards, with his leap and marking ability, is the only one of those 4 who could potentially play that role.

Is Richards a better option as a nominal third tall than say, TOB? My oath he is!

This raises an interesting point, given you've nominated 4 smalls, which only leaves 2 spots for KPD (of course there's horses for courses scenarios where we'd need to replace one of those 4 with a third tall, or at least a medium).

Unless...

Eade often used Gilbee - later in his tenure, and all 180cm of him - on oppo talls, if the match up worked, and Lindsay could break even in the air, as he could kill them at ground level then send booming 60m passes upfield.

Richards, with his leap and marking ability, is the only one of those 4 who could potentially play that role.

Is Richards a better option as a nominal third tall than say, TOB? My oath he is!
I'd say Richards is a better option this week then TOB.

Did have a laugh in the VFL Report
Varcoe called Raak a small forward, i see we are making 194cm pressure forwards now
Unless you judge a players performance by the stats accumulated. The above is indicative of the garbage that the club puts up on its website when it comes to reports on players at Footscray.

They're rarely in-line with reality for anybody who's seen the game and then bothers to read them. They come across as the equivalent of a primary school athletics carnival where everybody gets a participation ribbon.

Unless you judge a players performance by the stats accumulated. The above is indicative of the garbage that the club puts up on its website when it comes to reports on players at Footscray.

They're rarely in-line with reality for anybody who's seen the game and then bothers to read them. They come across as the equivalent of a primary school athletics carnival where everybody gets a participation ribbon.

You have to read them with ‘damning with faint praise’ in the front of your mind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its wild we've given Vandermeer anything more than a one year extension
Embrace the wild. It's how we get through. All these players and a few before them, Roughy, Toyd and Fletch amongst them, only have to come good for between 1 and 4 games in their careers.....at the right time.

It's a hell of a ride.

You know how some racehorses have goats for buddies? Baz and Laith are best mates, and Laith would probably headbutt someone...
Funny isn’t it how some of the strongest bonds we make in life are born from adversity. All the stories you hear of army friendships and the horrors people go through that forge bonds that last a lifetime.

Apparently Baz and Laith were absolute best mates after one session of kicking practice at Whitten Oval.

Funny isn’t it how some of the strongest bonds we make in life are born from adversity. All the stories you hear of army friendships and the horrors people go through that forge bonds that last a lifetime.

Apparently Baz and Laith were absolute best mates after one session of kicking practice at Whitten Oval.
Surely the kicking practice session can't have been that bad ....... 🤔 although, Baz was participating.

A session of taking it in turns to retrieve the ball. “It’s ok, I’ll get it”

I was going to say the Xavier boarding house can't be that bad.

Although I agree the club's VFL reviews feel like a primary school report, Raak has been playing up the ground and mostly forward the last two weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back