Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Angak

All Australian
Mar 18, 2021
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Daicos brothers have been tapping up Baz.

Screenshot_2023-10-24-02-44-47-73_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

doggies ftw

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
This expectation isn't fair on Baz in my opinion. Those games stand out for his goal kicking and that just isn't his game, we'd all live with a return to his 2022 form though before head butting Touhy/drug scandal.
Yeah I mean if we got 2021 finals series Baz consistently that’s basically the best player in the comp. I’d be more than happy with first half ‘22 Baz

Northern Dogs

All Australian
Jul 9, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
With Port gaining Soldo and Sweet, there's a good chance that Lycett and Hayes will be delisted. I know Hayes is not ideal, but I think he'd be OK as the main ruckman in the 2s while being a break glass type if tnjury strikes the others. He is still quite young whereas Lycett looks cooked.

Mojorisin

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 20, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
With Port gaining Soldo and Sweet, there's a good chance that Lycett and Hayes will be delisted. I know Hayes is not ideal, but I think he'd be OK as the main ruckman in the 2s while being a break glass type if tnjury strikes the others. He is still quite young whereas Lycett looks cooked.
Lycett is still weighing up if he wants to retire or play one more year.

mattwa

Club Legend
Jun 10, 2007
wa
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Baz is gonna go to Collingwood imo. Big club and big exposure for personal brand. Gonna get shafted with draft picks too like dunkley

cherrypie

Club Legend
Oct 28, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Daicos brothers have been tapping up Baz.

View attachment 1838893
I have it on good authority that Nick and Josh Daicos will request a trade to the Bulldogs next year. Nick Daicos is keen to join Bailey Smith to complete "Barry’s trifecta" meanwhile Josh Daicos is an avid fan of Mexican cuisine and is hoping to receive free Mission tortillas

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NthBondiDoggies

Club Legend
Jan 18, 2011
North Bondi
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
If he goes then we get compo based on his salary and age correct? If McKay netted a 3 then we should get something good? Knowing this trade offers would have to be better than that.

I hope he doesn’t leave and gets it together next year. We need exactly his skill set on the outside roaming and as a burst mid.

For ruck we will need to get someone ready to go and the stocks are thinning. Today if Tim goes down - Lobb plays ruck and Darcy plays his role. If Darcy not ready we have Buku or JOD forward (we have Keath and Gards) as cover. Assume Croft is too young.

In one year we have: Tim, Lobb, Darcy and Croft - so pretty good.

If we take four to draft and have added Coffield and Harmes won’t we have two free list spots? Maybe a ruck and a mid season pick up our sleeves?

Also have we delisted McComb? - Sullivan so much better. So would Bramble

Doggy

Brownlow Medallist
May 20, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
If he goes then we get compo based on his salary and age correct? If McKay netted a 3 then we should get something good? Knowing this trade offers would have to be better than that.

I hope he doesn’t leave and gets it together next year. We need exactly his skill set on the outside roaming and as a burst mid.

For ruck we will need to get someone ready to go and the stocks are thinning. Today if Tim goes down - Lobb plays ruck and Darcy plays his role. If Darcy not ready we have Buku or JOD forward (we have Keath and Gards) as cover. Assume Croft is too young.

In one year we have: Tim, Lobb, Darcy and Croft - so pretty good.

If we take four to draft and have added Coffield and Harmes won’t we have two free list spots? Maybe a ruck and a mid season pick up our sleeves?

Also have we delisted McComb? - Sullivan so much better. So would Bramble
Smith isn't a free agent

dergert

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 17, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Bailey Smith was a liability in the middle for us this year.

Hobdog

Premiership Player
May 20, 2007
Canberra
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Bailey Smith was a liability in the middle for us this year.

“Liability” SCULL!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Sep 7, 2015
AFL Club
Tasmania
I live in qld, almost no AFL news makes it up here, its why I'm on big footy.
Genuine question Scrag... What is your recommendation for accurate AFL news that's not behind a pay wall?

I don't have one because I don't feel the need to read AFL news. Anything worth knowing you'll find out eventually just from watching the game. You could ignore the whole trade period and within the first round of footy next year you'd know what had transpired while skipping the 3737627 articles of speculation that amount to a load of s**t that never happened.

Doggies7

Premiership Player
Aug 31, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks Manchester City
Would suck to lose Baz, still really hope he stays and cements a spot in our midfield. I can accept losing him if he does truly want to go at the end of the year still, but I would be a bit annoyed we didn't appropriately weigh the risk up this off-season and cash in now. Hawks pick 4 plus plus potentially their 1st or 2nd next year and/or other swaps (which was reportedly available if we traded Smith). Could have grabbed Watson and Sanders or Curtis this year and started the midfield rebuild a year early.

Here's hoping we retain all of the out of contract young stars though, but going to be a long year of Herald Sun articles...

redmania

Senior List
Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
On a non pin up boy topic.....I can't help but feel our trades and overall football business has been poor. We seem to have given away an awful lot for a top 6 pick and have left gaping holes down the back and with an aging midfield.... I just can't help but think we stuffed up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back