Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

These types of lists are always very speculative but it's a bit of a lazy list IMO.

Port no way near 3rd. Their best 3 is great but pretty speculative after that. Collingwood is also too high. They have 4 guns then not much, Hawthorn also too high.

I think Naughton missed out on being eligible by 1 day so we'd probably be a fair bit higher if the article was done last week.

Yeah is a nothing list, Tom McCartin is 24 in a few months, so off he goes etc... Sydney and Port's group massively overrated.

These types of lists are always very speculative but it's a bit of a lazy list IMO.

Port no way near 3rd. Their best 3 is great but pretty speculative after that. Collingwood is also too high. They have 4 guns then not much, Hawthorn also too high.

I think Naughton missed out on being eligible by 1 day so we'd probably be a fair bit higher if the article was done last week.
Essendon and Pies are two of the more overrated ones on this list. Also wouldn't call Hill or McCreery guns. Hill looks good, but even a Norm Smith is no guarantee of being a star (look at JJ). McCreery is a solid role player who is made to look better thanks to playing in a good system. Like many of Richmond's role players from their dynasty years.

Essendon though... Their 5 players on that list are close to the worst of any club except probably Richmond. Caldwell, Perkins and Hobbs wouldn't get games at most clubs, Duursma would be lucky to as well. Martin is the only actual decent player in that 5. Looking at the clubs rated below them, Melbourne and Geelong are miles ahead, I'd have Carlton and Eagles easily ahead too, while Richmond is probably on par (though I can understand rating them the lowest, especially with Gibcus' hamstrings).

Did genuinely LOL at this line. No one could possibly believe this
The Bombers boast one of the league’s most promising young cohorts

I laughed more at this one:

“Essendon fans have been patiently waiting for their first finals win since 2004, and it seems that these promising youngsters will finally take them there in the near future.”

One of the best young cores in the league, yet it is ranked 13th? Paddy needs to lay off the Jameson before he writes sub-standard pieces for the AFL.

Essendon and Pies are two of the more overrated ones on this list. Also wouldn't call Hill or McCreery guns. Hill looks good, but even a Norm Smith is no guarantee of being a star (look at JJ). McCreery is a solid role player who is made to look better thanks to playing in a good system. Like many of Richmond's role players from their dynasty years.

Essendon though... Their 5 players on that list are close to the worst of any club except probably Richmond. Caldwell, Perkins and Hobbs wouldn't get games at most clubs, Duursma would be lucky to as well. Martin is the only actual decent player in that 5. Looking at the clubs rated below them, Melbourne and Geelong are miles ahead, I'd have Carlton and Eagles easily ahead too, while Richmond is probably on par (though I can understand rating them the lowest, especially with Gibcus' hamstrings).

Hobbs is a good player who is currently falling victim to the Essendon hype machine all the media and their fans get invovled with. A mate of mine in all seriousness said he is there Joel Selwood. OK. Nic Martin is a good player too who may already be at his peak, Jye Caldwell is fine but no team is spending on time on him during the week, Duursma has a nice goal celebration while Archie Perkins should legally change his name too 'more minutes in the midfield this season even though he hasn't shown he can play there'.

Last edited:
OK I know there is absolutely no chance anyone is going to believe me but I need to tell someone who might give a s**t (ie. not my girlfriend): I predicted all of the new players numbers with 100% accuracy. I don't know what that means for me or my future but I feel like it is significant.

OK I know there is absolutely no chance anyone is going to believe me but I need to tell someone who might give a s**t (ie. not my girlfriend): I predicted all of the new players numbers with 100% accuracy. I don't know what that means for me or my future but I feel like it is significant.
A few years after it started I dreamed I won tattslotto second division. At the time I'd never bought tickets. So I went out and bought $2 worth of random numbers for the first time. And I won second division.

It was only worth a few hundred bucks back then, but hey it was better than a kick in the teeth.

Anyway, you could do worse than try a system 8 with 9, 16, 17, 22, 27, 29, 37 and 40 this week.

I don't think that's so unbelievable. I think we all probably predicted Sanders to get #9 and Croft to get #16. It's not surprising the two trade-ins got the next two best numbers in #17 and #22. Freijah got the next best number available with #27, being the next highest pick. So all that needed to be predicted was which numbers would go to Bramble, O'Driscoll and Smith. I think I predicted it pretty close, too. I thought Smith would go for #41, though and I had Bramble and O'Driscoll the other way around.

I don't think that's so unbelievable. I think we all probably predicted Sanders to get #9 and Croft to get #16. It's not surprising the two trade-ins got the next two best numbers in #17 and #22. Freijah got the next best number available with #27, being the next highest pick. So all that needed to be predicted was which numbers would go to Bramble, O'Driscoll and Smith. I think I predicted it pretty close, too. I thought Smith would go for #41, though and I had Bramble and O'Driscoll the other way around.
No I am a genius or a psychic, there is no other explanation

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw this on the saints board that was just few of the posts

Not really saints related but, been told pretty reliably in the last week that Ugle-Hagan will take up an offer elsewhere at the end of next season.

Warrnambool is a very small town especially, when you have plenty of family connections

Did he say where? There were a few rumours that Sydney were going hard at him.

Between them and tigers

When the information is coming from people within his family circle I'll say there's some substance to it.

Not really saints related but, been told pretty reliably in the last week that Ugle-Hagan will take up an offer elsewhere at the end of next season.

Warrnambool is a very small town especially, when you have plenty of family connections

Between them and tigers

When the information is coming from people within his family circle I'll say there's some substance to it.

Ugle hagen is staying 100%. He’s not going anywhere, said it himself.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Could have won lotto, used it on jumper numbers. fair call.

Between them and tigers

Marra isn’t from Warrnambool.

Ugle-Hagan was born in Framlingham Aboriginal Reserve in south-west Victoria into a family of Indigenous Australian (Noongar-Gunditjmara-Djab Wurrun) descent. He attended secondary school at Warrnambool College and Scotch College.
That’s right, I’d forgotten the name of the community but I knew it was in the Warrnambool area. Warrnambool would certainly claim him 😀

Remove this Banner Ad

Back