Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

We obviously don’t want him

Even though he deserves a chance, we are too stacked with mids compared to other clubs. We are already having to play mids out of position. He’d be 5th/6th in line for his role at best

I’m bullish about this kid. Strong inside mid, cracks in hard, has good movement out of traffic and can kick a goal.

My early favourite for 2024.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
He's been a class above playing as an underager as well

Read a few posts and I was out of their thats one thread I won’t bother with
I commented a few times. Probably shouldn't have.

All the "I heard.."

No you didn't you read a gutter trash article from Montagna the biggest nuffie in the game who hates the dogs

He was "stolen from Geelong's zone" apparently 😏

I commented a few times. Probably shouldn't have.

All the "I heard.."

No you didn't you read a gutter trash article from Montagna the biggest nuffie in the game who hates the dogs

He was "stolen from Geelong's zone" apparently 😏
Read that a few times from Geelong fans was JUH in their NGA ?

Poulter reminds me of Schache: good composure and a reasonable user of the ball, but a lack of physicality. Not convinced (I hope he proves me wrong).
Have a look at his last game against Geelong went in hard runs back and forward nice kick has a future IMO.

I thought he was going to re-sign soon according to some here?
Yep. Whispers behind the scenes is his already put pen to paper, been told that by a few people in the industry.

I don't believe shit until it's official tho.

Yep. Whispers behind the scenes is his already put pen to paper, been told that by a few people in the industry.

I don't believe s**t until it's official tho.
It’s certainly believable that the club holds off an announcement of that magnitude. It’d likely be something to announce in the couple of weeks before the season starts.

Unfortunately I expect the season to be clouded with English & Baz contract talks regardless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't fear about Marra people
same person that told me naughton was done weeks before the announcement, said Marra is all but done
Aren’t you the person who told me that Nahas was coming to the dogs?

Don't trust this guy people….

Hes going to Essendon, you just know it….

😜

Deals can be done in principle and then turned official pending something else, like the Dogs knowing their exact salary cap position with other contracts, not getting injured during pre-season, minor tweaking of incentives etc.

Wet toast bogans still banging on about busslinger for their 2024 second rounder 😏

Amazing sense of entitlement for a rabble
It’s under value sure but if Eagles finish last, offer their R2 and won’t budge, Buss wants to go and they threaten the PSD route then what’s your next move? Do we just call their bluff?

Please let’s not simply go down the “PSD is an empty threat and never gets used”. It’s been used in the last 3-4 years for Jack Martin and Jackson Hately when the clubs couldn’t agree.

It’s under value sure but if Eagles finish last, offer their R2 and won’t budge, Buss wants to go and they threaten the PSD route then what’s your next move? Do we just call their bluff?

Please let’s not simply go down the “PSD is an empty threat and never gets used”. It’s been used in the last 3-4 years for Jack Martin and Jackson Hately when the clubs couldn’t agree.
You'd rather not fold for a packet of chips and be seen as fodder.

I'd be surprised if Freo also weren't interested.

My understanding was he was more than happy outside WA and this is another "he's from WA and we are entitled" just like SA are with their home products (eg Cooney and Griffen)

You'd rather not fold for a packet of chips and be seen as fodder.

I'd be surprised if Freo also weren't interested.

My understanding was he was more than happy outside WA and this is another "he's from WA and we are entitled" just like SA are with their home products (eg Cooney and Griffen)
I would rather take a R2 than risk losing him for nothing, in the same way the trade we did for Dunkley while unders was better than nothing, but I understand taking a multi-year view.

I don’t think the Eagles fans are wildly off though. If I was in their position I would similarly be wanting the club to aggressively target young players leveraging contract status and draft position. I respect that infinitely more than the Kangas approach of just putting your hands out to the AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back