Upgrade

The next step of our upgrade will be happening on Sunday morning. Expect an outage of around 30 minutes at some stage.

Otherwise, use the site as normal.

Contact support@bigfooty.com if there are any big problems.

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

weltschmerz

Brownlow Medallist
May 23, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
What is it about Geelong in these things that they need to win them all the time. Give up 7 and Esava for Smith? Absolute joke.

On SM-G990E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Recently saw a Geelong fan saying they’d be interested in Chol but “with a caveat of pick #4 coming into calculations somehow”

Al dente

All Australian
Sep 11, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Sam Power on "Gettable" on the bulldogs website.

played his cards close to his chest. he did say speed, and intercept marking were draft and trade priorities

Peter Wallis

All Australian
Aug 15, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
There will be better options available late than Tomlinson.

I would only take Tomlinson for a pick upgrade for us. He won’t improve us in any way and will take up valuable cap space.
He's not even an upgrade on O'Brien. Slower and a worse kick from what I have seen, only advantage is height. Stay well clear would be my advice.

TiAn_

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 19, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Bytel delisted by Saints

Get it done Dogs, Libba insurance and the only man in the world is trust to replace him has just come available.

Flagdogs2024-2035

Jack Peris of more interest to me. I liked the look of him during the year but thought he’d be kept on by the Saints. Still only 19.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chalky White

All Australian
Sep 30, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Bytel delisted by Saints

Get it done Dogs, Libba insurance and the only man in the world is trust to replace him has just come available.

Flagdogs2024-2035
This kid can play. He's a little injury prone but is an upgrade on our current 18-23 players

Here we go dogs

Club Legend
Sep 17, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Worst call ever.

Drafted via Rookie in 2014. That's 9 pre seasons he has been on the list, granted had a couple of injuries, but he has not shown enough to be given the free ride he has. Any suggestion he should remain on the list at AFL or even VFL level is laughable and is a reflection of the acceptance of mediocrity under Bevo's watch. There has been no bigger list clogger at AFL level in the last 20 years given 9 seasons with the lack of potential
Okay tell me what wingman we have on the list that is better than Roarke?

Sure if we had 2 good wingman delist him, but we don’t. We don’t have 1. And it’s very unlikely we can draft 1 that will play round 1.

Roarke isn’t a superstar by any stretch, but he plays his roles. His a good defensive runner and he also sticks tackles. He does a lot of the team orientated stuff others don’t do. Subsequently if his body can hold up id keep him.

Also, we haven’t accepted mediocrity by keeping a player like Roarke Smith on the rookie list. We have accepted mediocrity by playing too many guys that don’t play their role and don’t work hard enough defensively. We have dropped our standards by playing a number of lazy footballers that aren’t capable of doing the hard stuff hence why we get chopped up in transition week in week out.

I’d rather play the guy that touches it 10 times and plays a team orientated brand than the guy that touches it 30 times.

Also there is a level of ignorance about list management, a number of people here want to cut 10-12 blokes. It’s very hard to cut that deep when we will probably only have 3 picks in the top 50 in a weak draft once we match a pick for Croft. We’d have to take about 5-7 speculative project players on the list if we were to do that which would just be reckless and a good way to lower standards further ie competition for spots.

We should limit our cuts to about 8. We’ve already lost 5.

doggies ftw

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Whats the consensus on what Chol’s worth if he gets traded?

Buku kicked 10 more goals, more marks, more hitouts in the VFL this year (admittedly from a few extra games) and is 3 years younger

doggies ftw

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I think 8-10 is about right this year, I’d be aiming for about 4 main draft picks, a rookie/Cat B or 2, 2 mature age pick ups (ie McPherson & Chatfield) & 2 fringe players by trade/DFA

dergert

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 17, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Buku kicked 10 more goals, more marks, more hitouts in the VFL this year (admittedly from a few extra games) and is 3 years younger
I don't think we'd get a good idea of Buku's worth given Chol has kicked over 40 goals at AFL level recently...???

Here we go dogs

Club Legend
Sep 17, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Granted, he has had a lot of bad luck along the journey but a return of 47 games over 8 seasons just doesn't seem like an investment worth keeping. Perhaps it's time to give an opportunity to a fitter, more durable player.
If we made finals and had a fit list I know I’m taking Roarke ahead of any of Williams, Poulter or Baker.

If we had more depth on the wings I’d be okay delisting him. But we don’t.

doggies ftw

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I don't think we'd get a good idea of Buku's worth given Chol has kicked over 40 goals at AFL level recently...???
Yeah that’s a fair call, that’s far and away the massive outlier in his career though. I honestly think they’d have similar output if put in the same situation next season though. But yeah you have to factor that into Chols worth I guess

Mojorisin

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 20, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Yeah it'd be based off of form at AFL level which Chol has done and Khamis hasn't.

Dazb86

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 31, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Okay tell me what wingman we have on the list that is better than Roarke?

Sure if we had 2 good wingman delist him, but we don’t. We don’t have 1. And it’s very unlikely we can draft 1 that will play round 1.

Roarke isn’t a superstar by any stretch, but he plays his roles. His a good defensive runner and he also sticks tackles. He does a lot of the team orientated stuff others don’t do. Subsequently if his body can hold up id keep him.

Also, we haven’t accepted mediocrity by keeping a player like Roarke Smith on the rookie list. We have accepted mediocrity by playing too many guys that don’t play their role and don’t work hard enough defensively. We have dropped our standards by playing a number of lazy footballers that aren’t capable of doing the hard stuff hence why we get chopped up in transition week in week out.

I’d rather play the guy that touches it 10 times and plays a team orientated brand than the guy that touches it 30 times.

Also there is a level of ignorance about list management, a number of people here want to cut 10-12 blokes. It’s very hard to cut that deep when we will probably only have 3 picks in the top 50 in a weak draft once we match a pick for Croft. We’d have to take about 5-7 speculative project players on the list if we were to do that which would just be reckless and a good way to lower standards further ie competition for spots.

I like Roarke too but he's far too injury prone to carry. Back up players are useless on the injury list all the time.

Remove this Banner Ad