Strategy Trade and List Management thread 2.(...the waiting for the hammer to fall edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dickson backing into a pack trying to mark in the last two minutes of the game was one of the bravest efforts all game.

Very Courageous. Especially for a bloke not necessarily known for his hardness - well done to Tory.

4 goals on that plonker Shaw was a beautiful thing.

He has been ordinary at time this year (including against the Hawks where he choked) but the GWS game was awesome.

Don't see Motlop replacing him...

Last edited:
Nice to see Dicksons critics have shut the hell up!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I think we do need to remember though we have a very vocal,unrelenting minority here that makes it seem some players have more critics than is actually the case. The minority are also hellbent on not allowing others to speak and dismissing reasonable or sensible discussion by using over the top hysterics. The majority understand Dickson is a terrific footballer and very important to our side. Let's not let the minority drown out the truth of what the majority believe.

Classy ball user like Luke Breust would be very handy , Jong hrovat honeychurch and Stevens can all go , would be happy to lose all 4 for Breust and keeping our first

I think we do need to remember though we have a very vocal,unrelenting minority here that makes it seem some players have more critics than is actually the case. The minority are also hellbent on not allowing others to speak and dismissing reasonable or sensible discussion by using over the top hysterics. The majority understand Dickson is a terrific footballer and very important to our side. Let's not let the minority drown out the truth of what the majority believe.

No need to oversell it, I doubt even Tory would describe himself as 'terrific' (well in a footy sense).

His form for much of the year was ordinary, admittedly after an interrupted pre season. But he was great last week and is best 22 in a GF team - so he goes ok.

No need to oversell it, I doubt even Tory would describe himself as 'terrific' (well in a footy sense).

His form for much of the year was ordinary, admittedly after an interrupted pre season. But he was great last week and is best 22 in a GF team - so he goes ok.
Did you not watch Saturday's game? Dickson was enormous and a huge reason why we are playing in a Grand Final. He is also the most accurate kick for goal in the history of the AFL/VFL, playing in a team whose achilles is goal kicking efficiency..

Did you not watch Saturday's game? Dickson was enormous and a huge reason why we are playing in a Grand Final. He is also the most accurate kick for goal in the history of the AFL/VFL, playing in a team whose achilles is goal kicking efficiency..

I said he was great last week so did you not comprehend what I wrote?

I also watched a bunch of games that Dickson stunk up this year.

No offence Mutt but I don't think any player is above being called less than 'terrific' even if they helped us get to a GF.

Sorry for not agreeing with you but IMO Dickson is an ok player who is best 22. Sometimes he has good games. More often he is average. Sometimes he is ordinary (more often ordinary than he's been good this year IMO).

Hope he carries last game's 'great' form into the GF.

4 goals on that plonker Shaw was a beautiful thing.
I loved his one on one then conversion on Shaw - a minute after Shaw stood there screaming at his teammates (including captain).

I said he was great last week so did you not comprehend what I wrote?

I also watched a bunch of games that Dickson stunk up this year.

No offence Mutt but I don't think any player is above being called less than 'terrific' even if they helped us get to a GF.

Sorry for not agreeing with you but IMO Dickson is an ok player who is best 22. Sometimes he has good games. More often he is average. Sometimes he is ordinary (more often ordinary than he's been good this year IMO).

Hope he carries last game's 'great' form into the GF.

Not having a go at you directly but seems many on here like sinking it into Tory. If you compare stats to Stringer, Tory is very similar yet "x factor" buys you a lot of credits it seems. I agree Tory was a bit rusty during the year but always seemed to be one grab away from being the threat most of us know he is. As I've said previously, he's a natural forward and knows where to lead. I struggle to see how his attack on the footy is questioned also. The guy chases and chases putting pressure on exits from attack. Whilst at a game (not this week you lucky mongrels with tickets) I suggest detractors watch him and other players (at different time for 5 minutes or so) during the year and watch the amount of gut running they do and their willingness to get to position. You'll start appreciating what these guys actually do out there.

If at a game against the Saints I am always dumb founded at what Riewoldt does out there. I'm not comparing our #29 to him but just an example of the exercise and the appreciation that can be gained.

Yeah, and some posters are miserable even when their team makes a grand final

Which Dogs posters are you referring to as miserable? Or is this one of your 'Suckling is a match fixer' comments?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

who was the poster who mentioned we have signed Dillon Viojo-Rainbow? Not that it means anything but he posted a very pro Bulldogs tweet after our win....

who was the poster who mentioned we have signed Dillon Viojo-Rainbow? Not that it means anything but he posted a very pro Bulldogs tweet after our win....
Did same after our West Coast win too

He's a Jets kid, could've been a doggies fan as a kid

Nah. There's a locked thread from Saturday night that attests to that fact.
Why do they keep locking threads when people want to talk up players in favour of the knockers? I saw the Dickson thread got closed and found it extremely bizarre.

Why do they keep locking threads when people want to talk up players in favour of the knockers? I saw the Dickson thread got closed and found it extremely bizarre.

Sometimes the moderators know that a shitfight is going to ensue, and the only way to prevent it is to close a thread or start bringing out the ban-hammer. Difficult job moderating, too many pricks and not enough power in the ban-hammer....

How have I oversold it? I never said he was a champion or anything like that. He's a terrific player who had a lean trot during the season and is playing terrific footy again.
I'd seriously suggest the knocker brigade oversell some of our players weaknesses to be honest.

I'm getting married on October 8th a week after GF and I only agreed to that after it was confirmed that there wouldn't be anymore tie draw replays. Also we couldn't have the ceremony until after 6pm because it is Caulfield Guineas Day.

Can't believe an AFL player would schedule like this!

OMG, we'' there goes my last chance to get tickets to the GF (replay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back