Strategy Trade and List Management thread 2.(...the waiting for the hammer to fall edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rory Thompson thoughts? GC could use some mids with Ablett's age and injuries, OMeara and Prestia leaving. Could we or should we make a play using trade bait Jong, Stevens, Rat, Honey etc. Two mids or one and second rnd pick. Thompson looked the goods early on.

Just some thoughts:

Let's forget a KPF. I'm now convinced Crameri coming into the side with Boyd and Stringer is a nightmare matchup.

I can cop we need a KPD but we have one of the best coming to the end but still showing elite traits in Morris as well as Adams who I'm hopeful will become an A grade defender in the mould of Harry Taylor. Another Adams would be awesome. Edit: even though I know we're targeting two KPFs. Just think it's the wrong play now.

Never ever ever propose Witts again. He is s**t.

Our kids will develop again next year. It's exciting times.

Hrovat has done his trade value no harm in the last month. I'd prefer to keep him though.

Mitch Hannan (?) is a gun. We need him. I see so much Mason Wood in him.

Last edited:

Just some thoughts:

Let's forget a KPF. I'm now convinced Crameri coming into the side with Boyd and Stringer is a nightmare matchup.

I can cop we need a KPD but we have one of the best coming to the end but still showing elite traits in Morris as well as Adams who I'm hopeful will become an A grade defender in the mould of Harry Taylor. Another Adams would be awesome. Edit: even though I know we're targeting two KPFs. Just think it's the wrong play now.

Hrovat has done his trade value no harm in the last month. I'd prefer to keep him though.

who are they? one better be Riewoldt

i'm all about Jack Frost, think he's a good physical handful and is just playing for a crappy coach right now

Just some thoughts:

A KPF is an absolute must. Must get one if not two. Boyd, Crameri and Stringer as the key forward is underwhelming IMO particularly in high pressure games when contested marking is crucial.

Rory Thompson thoughts? GC could use some mids with Ablett's age and injuries, OMeara and Prestia leaving. Could we or should we make a play using trade bait Jong, Stevens, Rat, Honey etc. Two mids or one and second rnd pick. Thompson looked the goods early on.

Would definitely be keen to get him, not sure GC would let him go though.

Just some thoughts:

I agree that forward set up is fine. Main concern is that it turns to poo if Boyd cops an injury or suspension. Warming to the Cloke idea if he's as cheap as being reported here.

Complete hypothetical. If Gold Coast offer Jake a $10 mill 7 year deal, and toss up pick 3,6 and a first from jager.
Could we blame Jake for wanting to go and is the deal enough for a once in a generation type player Jake is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tigers will be lucky to have a coach by Tuesday. They'll find it difficult to attract quality.

No.

We won't win a flag with our current KPDs IMO. A genuine KPD is just as big, if not a greater need IMO. We are seriously kidding ourselves if we think blokes with less than 15 games like Cordy and Adams do it. Fletch and Hamling...well you know my thoughts. If we have a gun KPD our need to flood and ruin our scoring chances will diminish and free up Crameri, Boyd and Stringer.
Completely agree with you on this. Our defense is getting the job done, even though our current KPD's individually are not great. Collectively our players and the game style is working defensively.

Our inability to mark the ball inside 50 and inability to kick a decent score will stop us from going all the way in my view. We need quality forwards to team up with Boyd but finding a high quality hit up CHF is bloody hard. It's why I would give Cloke a go if the price is right - we have to take a punt. Riewoldt would be even better....

Mattdougie

Your intolerable self admiration for your inside info coupled with your belittling attacks on all posters who don't unequivocally agree with you, with the absolute inability to accept any other opinion and the blow up when anyone mildly suggests you might be a bit off is ridiculous and you're making yourself look like a crumpet day in, day out mate.

If you don't agree with something, just ignore the goddamn post instead of having a 40 page back and forth every time someone assumedly insults your pride.

I want to discuss list management, not listen to someone throw the toys out of the cot every 15 minutes.

Now, after all that, I mentioned a few weeks ago that Xavier Richards is interested in a move, we're still into him. Swans are looking at a few different interesting list management moves this offseason. Their list is similar to ours in that their depth is great. They're also shopping Dean Towers around. Could be an interesting half back option for us to replace Boyd soon enough.
That's why i blocked him ages ago.

Haven't attended as many late season VFL games as I'd have liked too.

Mitch Hannan and Ben Long seem to trending quite well in recent times.

Could someone give me, and others, a detailed SWOT on them both please.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back