Rumour Trade banter thread - don't look here for anything serious

Remove this Banner Ad

Impey is under contract for 2 more years at least. If he's offered 650k per year though we should let him go before Sydney realise he's number 24 not 20.
Nah

The way Barrett has been changing his story about our 'cap squeeze' he probably had a brain fade while being interviewed and Impey was the first Port player to pop into his head.

They have obviously heard about his membership work.

We have had our two best ever years for membership since we drafted him. Coincidence?

I really rate impey. For a guy that has clocked all of 35 games I just see flashes of him that makes me think he'll be at the very top end of our list at age 25-30. I remember in a preseason game this year how competitive and aggressive he gets. Fills a need in the team structure to play on small forwards when needed but can really burst through the middle with pace and dare. Got caught holding the ball a lot less in 2015 than 2014. Anyway what i'm getting at is that he may demand around the 650k mark annually when he's at the peek of his powers but at his age that is ridiculous offer if true.

I really rate impey. For a guy that has clocked all of 35 games I just see flashes of him that makes me think he'll be at the very top end of our list at age 25-30. I remember in a preseason game this year how competitive and aggressive he gets. Fills a need in the team structure to play on small forwards when needed but can really burst through the middle with pace and dare. Got caught holding the ball a lot less in 2015 than 2014. Anyway what i'm getting at is that he may demand around the 650k mark annually when he's at the peek of his powers but at his age that is ridiculous offer if true.

He has more "secret upside" than anyone on our list. Has the physical and attitudinal attributes to be really special. Will at the very least be damn good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am not sure its very secret...

#godhatesfages

Wait... Just for clarification was that Impey-Barret thing real or false?
Nat it's bs got sick of the hammer talk so thought I'd throw so hypothetical bull dust out their.... Sorry.....

When there are team administrations that have the IQ that suggests it could be a good idea to offer their AA captain and pick 6 for a 19-yr old nine gamer and pay him $1m a year for 7 years, then you learn to never say never.

When there are team administrations that have the IQ that suggests it could be a good idea to offer their AA captain and pick 6 for a 19-yr old nine gamer and pay him $1m a year for 7 years, then you learn to never say never.
To be fair, Griffen wanted out of the Bulldogs.

To be fair, Griffen wanted out of the Bulldogs.
Fair enough, but Boyd wanted out of GWS. And to package pick #6 seems overs, second round should have got the deal done. GWS already had 2 picks in the top 10 and a pick in the early 20s would still have got them a good player; for instance, Touk Miller was taken at pick 29.

Fair enough, but Boyd wanted out of GWS. And to package pick #6 seems overs, second round should have got the deal done. GWS already had 2 picks in the top 10 and a pick in the early 20s would still have got them a good player; for instance, Touk Miller was taken at pick 29.
Second round wouldn't have got the deal done, otherwise they would have used that instead of pick 6.
GWS were getting a 28 year old with a few years left, while the Dogs were getting a 19 year old Boyd with over a decade left.
People are laughing a bit at the deal now, but if he comes on to be a good quality KPF (i.e. not even elite) then they definitely would have won out of that deal.

Thought Jacko would have been next. Gus is on good money not likely to be matched still has WADA to resolve and is already in his home state.

LOL they really are clutching at straws

Remove this Banner Ad

Back