Trade Breust...or this kitten dies!

Remove this Banner Ad

H2F

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 14, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Breust is an absolute gun. Consistent, clutch and bleeds Brown and Gold. Have never understood the people who want to trade him.

We don’t have many players with currency unfortunately so maybe that’s the reason but no way for me.

We really need to land some stars in the draft.

burner1

Club Legend
Nov 3, 2005
victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
hawks
End of next year he’s a UFA and 31 years old.

If a club come calling with a huge offer as sees him the difference of winning a flag (while we finish bottom 4 again) the club is going to be in an awkward position. We didn’t appear to fight for smith. Would appear a greater than zero chance we lose him for a late FA pick.

theiaofseed

All Australian
Jun 17, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
End of next year he’s a UFA and 31 years old.

If a club come calling with a huge offer as sees him the difference of winning a flag (while we finish bottom 4 again) the club is going to be in an awkward position. We didn’t appear to fight for smith. Would appear a greater than zero chance we lose him for a late FA pick.
Umm we broke our standard rule of not offering more than 1 year to a 30+ year old and tabled a large amount of $$, he took less at Geelong nothing more we could do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Roger Rogerson

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 9, 2006
Malvern East
AFL Club
Hawthorn
He is one of our best ever. Not sure when some people will realise this.

We have been spoilt we had Cyril.

Sit back and enjoy watching Breust the next 2 seasons. I have been doing it the last 2 seasons.

Don't wait until he is gone and you are watching replays to realise how good he is.

That turn inside then outside goal today was shelling peas for him.

TylerDurden

Premium Platinum
Mar 5, 2007
Lou's Tavern
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Sit back and enjoy watching Breust the next 2 seasons. I have been doing it the last 2 seasons.

Don't wait until he is gone and you are watching replays to realise how good he is.

He's a freak. Was absolutely outstanding yesterday.

Milkshaker

Club Legend
Nov 6, 2014
24 Barrack Street
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Yep. It was almost like an impromptu Breust highlights package. A four goal expose of what he does best. Was a joy to watch.

rogiebear93

Norm Smith Medallist
May 17, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Indeed, agree on all counts.

The way he moves through traffic and through tackles up forward is reserved for two blokes still playing in the AFL, Breust and Dusty. Doesn't do it with speed, just with a low centre of gravity and footy smarts.

Toasted

Team Captain
Jul 7, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Interesting that they gave him a 2 year extension

On top of offering 2 to 32yo Smith last year.

We've moved on from our policy of 1 year deals to 30+s it seems?
Yeah fair point. We’re no longer top heavy in that age bracket anymore so I’m sure that will have a fair bit to do with it. Also, losing another 30+ player now wouldn’t do the developing players any good

Strapping Young Lad

previously Messenger
Apr 19, 2006
Your local Satanist Cabal
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Spurs, Socceroos
Interesting that they gave him a 2 year extension

On top of offering 2 to 32yo Smith last year.

We've moved on from our policy of 1 year deals to 30+s it seems?
I think we were pretty keen on keeping Isaac as we didn't want to lose as much experience as we did, and we'd bent our own standard terms slightly in an effort to make him stay.
Might be the same reason we've given Punky 2, knowing that we're all of a sudden getting pretty light on for players who are 28+, particularly with Burgoyne with one foot in retirement.

Won't be at all surprised if we bring in more FA's at the end of this year for that reason, as Clarkson has said recently that players hit their peak in their late 20's/ early 30's.

Remove this Banner Ad