Trade Breust...or this kitten dies!

Remove this Banner Ad

Thank God we kept this bloke. An absolute Hawk champion to the core. Hope he ends up a one club player by the end of it all.
See you back here in September for the annual return of the Trade Breust thread.

Trade Breust
Proudly Seeking To End Punky Since 2013

End of next year he’s a UFA and 31 years old.

If a club come calling with a huge offer as sees him the difference of winning a flag (while we finish bottom 4 again) the club is going to be in an awkward position. We didn’t appear to fight for smith. Would appear a greater than zero chance we lose him for a late FA pick.

End of next year he’s a UFA and 31 years old.

If a club come calling with a huge offer as sees him the difference of winning a flag (while we finish bottom 4 again) the club is going to be in an awkward position. We didn’t appear to fight for smith. Would appear a greater than zero chance we lose him for a late FA pick.
Umm we broke our standard rule of not offering more than 1 year to a 30+ year old and tabled a large amount of $$, he took less at Geelong nothing more we could do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is one of our best ever. Not sure when some people will realise this.

We have been spoilt we had Cyril.

Sit back and enjoy watching Breust the next 2 seasons. I have been doing it the last 2 seasons.

Don't wait until he is gone and you are watching replays to realise how good he is.

That turn inside then outside goal today was shelling peas for him.

Sit back and enjoy watching Breust the next 2 seasons. I have been doing it the last 2 seasons.

Don't wait until he is gone and you are watching replays to realise how good he is.

He's a freak. Was absolutely outstanding yesterday.

Yep. It was almost like an impromptu Breust highlights package. A four goal expose of what he does best. Was a joy to watch.

Indeed, agree on all counts.

The way he moves through traffic and through tackles up forward is reserved for two blokes still playing in the AFL, Breust and Dusty. Doesn't do it with speed, just with a low centre of gravity and footy smarts.

Interesting that they gave him a 2 year extension

On top of offering 2 to 32yo Smith last year.

We've moved on from our policy of 1 year deals to 30+s it seems?
Yeah fair point. We’re no longer top heavy in that age bracket anymore so I’m sure that will have a fair bit to do with it. Also, losing another 30+ player now wouldn’t do the developing players any good

Interesting that they gave him a 2 year extension

On top of offering 2 to 32yo Smith last year.

We've moved on from our policy of 1 year deals to 30+s it seems?
I think we were pretty keen on keeping Isaac as we didn't want to lose as much experience as we did, and we'd bent our own standard terms slightly in an effort to make him stay.
Might be the same reason we've given Punky 2, knowing that we're all of a sudden getting pretty light on for players who are 28+, particularly with Burgoyne with one foot in retirement.

Won't be at all surprised if we bring in more FA's at the end of this year for that reason, as Clarkson has said recently that players hit their peak in their late 20's/ early 30's.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back