de Boer - Keep
C Pearce - Trade
Ballas - Keep
Barlow -Keep
Ibbotson - Trade
Pavlich - RIP
Johnson - Keep
Suban - Trade
Morabito - Delist (now injury prone like Smith ,unfortunate )
Silvagni -Keep
Mzungu - Trade
T Smith - has been Delisted
Grey - Keep
Deluca - Keep
Langdon -Trade if he doesn't want to stay
Hurley - Delisted

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If peel knock off by west perth , all will be announced next week . No mora umm might as well.

I hope we don't hear anything for a few more weeks yet.
i am totally heartbroken with mora news . As much i love peel go all the way. No more injuries to freo player please. They need a good pre season.

Last edited:
Ill have a go at what I think will happen
Hannath - Delist
Clarke - FA Leave
Mayne - FA Leave
de Boer - Keep
C Pearce - Delist
Ballas - trade
Barlow -trade
Ibbotson - Keep as he is contracted
Pavlich - Retired
Johnson - Keep
Suban - Keep as there wont be a trade offer
Morabito - Delist. Captain obvious call. Wish we could keep him
Silvagni -Keep. Current form too hard to resist.
Mzungu - Delist
T Smith - has been Delisted
Grey - Delist. Poor skills.
Deluca - Keep on rookie list.
Langdon -Trade if he doesn't want to stay. Keep if he does
Hurley - Delisted

Leaves ten places on main list. (We played one short with an extra rookie this year). Eleven if Langdon leaves. Ill call that a significant re-build.

Last edited:
You heard me.

Crafty medium sized forward that can kick straight has real value for teams at the top of the ladder. Probably has more trade value than other players on our list. And... he is 27 and likely won't be around for our next premiership tilt.

I'd go fishing if I was Lloyd.
I wouldn't. With a full preseason I don't think we have any idea what his potential is. In three/four years time after a late start to playing professional football I think he will be at his peak. Our next Premiership tilt should be in three years I think. Bennell, Neale, Walter, Hill all in their prime years. Apeness and Yarran may just speed up the trajectory of when our team will peak.

I think everybody will be close here , but only big mistake is those that tick all the box now will just lost it by one player ( grey delist or keep).

I wouldn't. With a full preseason I don't think we have any idea what his potential is. In three/four years time after a late start to playing professional football I think he will be at his peak. Our next Premiership tilt should be in three years I think. Bennell, Neale, Walter, Hill all in their prime years. Apeness and Yarran may just speed up the trajectory of when our team will peak.

That potential is what I'd be selling to other clubs and trying to get a pick in mid/late 30's for. I can see him kicking close to 50 goals in a quality team. I know its pretty much no chance happening but if we want picks I can see him having more value than most like I previously stated. It's all good throwing around players with their best footy behind them or that have little to offer but we aren't going to get many picks that way. If Sydney came out and said we'd take Yarran for our second we'd be silly not to do it in the position we're in IMO. Doubt Yarran would go though anyway...

That said I want to watch him play for us. I't'll make the next few years a lot more fun and his potential is really exciting.

funny thing is we wont be the 1st side to go from bottom 4 to flag in 3 years if we pull it off.

Brisbane were bottom in 1998, prelim finalist in 1999, semi finalist in 2000, premiers in 2001.

Not sure how credible it is. But this popped up in my facebook feed, heart dropped when I saw it. Really would be a step too far, sure we're rebuilding but Barlow is a must to have around the club. He is Freo through and through, and deserves to play be a lifetime member by playing 150 games.

If he has little trade value (which some are suggesting but is yet to be determined) then the decision would be wrong and he is well worth keeping.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back