Not open for further replies.

Colin D'Cops

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Essendon Player Sponsor 2011
Nov 24, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton
Re: Travis Boak -> Essendon?

Boak would be a costly trade if it came to that and Port are traditionally very hard to deal with. They stick to their guns.

Oh well, if that did happen; Trav would add to the list of star midfielders they have let go for nothing. Nick Stevens, now possiby Boak. Giving the competition a boost, would be appreciated by all. :thumbsu:

PS: Boak is a near certainty to stay at Port.

Yep - Monfries trade value is Brett Ebert and maybe that is over rating Monfries.

I lolled.

I'd trade Atkinson for Ebert if I was feeling generous.

I don't think it is, Boak has a much higher trade value than Monfries.

Without question. Monfries is the quality of player Port would be looking at without going to the Pears, Hurley, Watson class. Obviously we'd have to pad out the deal with a high pick (how high depends on Monfries' year, Boak's year, where each team finishes, competition for Boak etc.).

Would also want to throw in a draft pick.
They'd be asking for a 1st Rounder, which I'd give up in a heartbeat. They'd also want either a KPP or ruckman, so that would either be Bellchambers (although he'd need to play a few decent games in the seniors this year to even have them interested), or somebody like Hooker. If Neagle comes on, meaning we'd have Pears/Hurley in defence and Gumby/Neagle up forward, I'd do it. You have to give up something to get something.
;)wed

This thread makes me laugh. Boak for Monfries? That's like us offering Davenport for Zaharakis.

BTW, Hooker is just about the last bloke on your list who we'd want. We already have enough quality young KPD's to last us until 2020, if Hooker came to Port he'd be nothing more than back-up for Carlile and Chaplin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nicko_

Senior List
Apr 16, 2009
GC
AFL Club
Essendon

Ah the classic case of talking up your own players to be much better than they actually are. Lets look at the facts

Both predominantly lead up small forwards. Agree?

Ebert 124 games 185 goals

Monfries 97 games 97 goals

Ebert - obsenely large head
Monfries - proportioned

:p

Longy413

Brownlow Medallist
Veteran 10k Posts
Jul 25, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon

First Rounder + Zahkarkis + Reimers, the last two have to be on the table in my view.

Not good looking enough?

Both have shown enough to suggest that they can be as good as, potentially better footballers in the long term than Boak.

Boak doesn't do anything on the footy field that those two can't, except a consistency level that the other two are working towards.

I have connections to the family in Torquay. I'll see what I can do :cool:

They'd be asking for a 1st Rounder, which I'd give up in a heartbeat. They'd also want either a KPP or ruckman, so that would either be Bellchambers (although he'd need to play a few decent games in the seniors this year to even have them interested), or somebody like Hooker. If Neagle comes on, meaning we'd have Pears/Hurley in defence and Gumby/Neagle up forward, I'd do it. You have to give up something to get something.

Ideally, we could get away with giving them a 1st rounder + Still/Carlisle, and given their history of taking spuds for picks, you never know.. But you'd think it'd be unlikely.

So do I :eek:

As I currently go to the same High School in which Travis went to I have been watching him closely and I would definetly give up a 1st rounder for him.

wapower

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2008
WA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Not good looking enough?

Both have shown enough to suggest that they can be as good as, potentially better footballers in the long term than Boak.

Boak doesn't do anything on the footy field that those two can't, except a consistency level that the other two are working towards.
I was enjoying the fanciful comments on the Essendon board until I came to this one. I can only assume you're being serious which is somewhat embarrassing. Boak is streaks ahead of both of them right now.

Travis Boak is a top 5 pick who is beginning to really break out after one of the best starts to a junior midfielders career at Port Adelaide. If you think we're going to let him go on the cheap or for fringe players you are sorely mistaken.

Boak at minimum will be a good player and a pick. I tend to stay away from overrating our players as it leads to nowhere and disappointment in the long term. Perhaps some of you should try the same when establishing fair or equitable value.

I was enjoying the fanciful comments on the Essendon board until I came to this one. I can only assume you're being serious which is somewhat embarrassing. Boak is streaks ahead of both of them right now.

Travis Boak is a top 5 pick who is beginning to really break out after one of the best starts to a junior midfielders career at Port Adelaide. If you think we're going to let him go on the cheap or for fringe players you are sorely mistaken.

Boak at minimum will be a good player and a pick. I tend to stay away from overrating our players as it leads to nowhere and disappointment in the long term. Perhaps some of you should try the same when establishing fair or equitable value.

He never said they were better than Boak right now. He said they could potentially end up being better players than Boak.

Whats Zaka done so wrong that he has to be on the trade table? Reimers i could partially understand, wouldn't agree with though.

Nothing but if you thing we are getting Boak for a bag of chips think again. We have to give something up. I'd rather give them something we have abundance of. Reimers and Zaka we can replace anyway.

It was Reimers, not Myers.

Also, why compare their stats? Boak has been playing midfield, while Zaharakis has played nearly 100% of his time as a forward pocket. If anything, Zaharakis is better on those raw stats when you consider this.

Terrible reasoning.

He never said they were better than Boak right now. He said they could potentially end up being better players than Boak.

Anyone could potentially end up being a better player than anyone else. But on the balance of probabilities, Boak is very likely to end his career as a superior player to Zaha and Reimers.

wapower

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2008
WA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

It was Reimers, not Myers.

Also, why compare their stats? Boak has been playing midfield, while Zaharakis has played nearly 100% of his time as a forward pocket. If anything, Zaharakis is better on those raw stats when you consider this.

Terrible reasoning.

Apologies for my senior moment. Boak vs Reimers.

If you go on the raw stats at the same age and stage of their career then Boak easily covers Zaharakis. That's NOT even debatable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back