23 Shelby Knoll (Inactive)
24 Charli Wicksteed
25 Stella Reid
27 Emelia Yassir
29 Jemima Woods
35 Maddie Shevlin
36 Amelia Peck
37 Tessa Lavey
# Montana McKinnon (Trade Recruit- Adelaide)
# Jodie Hicks (Trade Recruit- GWS)
# Ally Dallaway (Trade Recruit- GWS)
# Isabel Bacon (Pick 13 AFLW Draft- Sandringham Dragon)
# Mackenzie Ford (Pick 43 AFLW Draft- Tasmania Devils)

all in _RT_ post have signed on for 2024.

interesting....... no multi year contracts announced.
I thought same thing whether it’s in interests to hold tight while tpp is escalating quickly im not sure , certainly don’t hear too many multi year deals

I thought same thing whether it’s in interests to hold tight while tpp is escalating quickly im not sure , certainly don’t hear too many multi year deals

lolnorf (Garner, Riddell 4 years), Crows (Marinoff, Hatchard 4 years), Pies, GWS, Saints, Blues, Demons, Cats, Eagles so far as i know have offered multi year deals. (especially 4 years to their gun players)

interesting...... maybe you're right, a TPP thing with us.

i would have thought signing Mon Conti on 4 years at a minimum would be a high priority.
not as a worry that she'll leave, but to reward her for being the best player in the AFLW.

Last edited:
lolnorf (Garner, Riddell 4 years), Crows (Marinoff, Hatchard 4 years), Pies, GWS, Saints, Blues, Demons, Cats, Eagles so far as i know have offered multi year deals. (especially 4 years to their gun players)

i would have thought signing Mon Conti on 4 years at a minimum would be a high priority.
not as a worry that she'll leave, but to reward her for being the best player in the AFLW.
Mon Conti, Seymour & Sheerin would be the ones I would sign on longer term deals. Minimum 4 for Conti with Sheerin 2 years with an extra one if she still going strong at that stage. Also would look for 2-3 years for Gab.

While a little disappointed we didn't get Williamson or Kavanagh. I wish the two new girls the best of luck & hope they turn out to be the players we need to improve as well as the other 3 girls we picked up in the trades. Lets hope neither of Williamson or Kavanagh turn out to be stars for there respective teams.
Interesting how many girls from Strathmore play in the Calder Cannons.. it's almost 60-70% of the list. You'd be p1$$ed off if you played for another team in the EDFL and warranted a spot but didn't get one.

Interesting how many girls from Strathmore play in the Calder Cannons.. it's almost 60-70% of the list. You'd be p1$$ed off if you played for another team in the EDFL and warranted a spot but didn't get one.
Yep, Strathmore has some talent coming through next couple of years.
Theres a girl coming thru from strathmore still a year away from the draft.
Chloe Baker-West.
Usually picks up a lazy 30 odd playing for Cannons 35-40mtr kick both sides. Plays inside/outside
Her folks didn’t let her play league level this year and probably won’t next year.

My daughter plays in that league but missed all of this year with a full shoulder reco, would’ve played against her this season.

Rumour was when Baker-West was U/14’s her Dad would get her to take a 5k run before games to get her conditioning right up there.
Dunno if true but that kid can run all day.

More likely she wouldn’t sign as it may hobble her likely earnings in 3y time when tpp has gone up plus likely that tiers will be dropped

Yep, Strathmore has some talent coming through next couple of years.
Theres a girl coming thru from strathmore still a year away from the draft.
Chloe Baker-West.
Usually picks up a lazy 30 odd playing for Cannons 35-40mtr kick both sides. Plays inside/outside
Her folks didn’t let her play league level this year and probably won’t next year.

yes, have heard of her, can seriously play.

My daughter plays in that league but missed all of this year with a full shoulder reco, would’ve played against her this season.

Rumour was when Baker-West was U/14’s her Dad would get her to take a 5k run before games to get her conditioning right up there.
Dunno if true but that kid can run all day.
Damir Dokic eat your heart out 🤣🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Need for speed.

RICHMOND opted to just take two picks into the 2023 AFL Women’s Draft, but showed the Tigers had a need for speed. With their first round selection, the Tigers pounced on draft bolter Isabel Bacon at Pick 13, with the Sandringham Dragons defender and midfielder heading to Punt Road. With their only other selection, the black and gold called out Tasmanian speedster Mackenzie Ford‘s name with Pick 43.

Isabel Bacon (Sandringham Dragons / Vic Metro)
11/04/2005 | 172cm | Midfielder / Defender

Coming into the Dragons program this season, Bacon made massive strides as the season went on. She quickly developed most elements of her game, becoming a physical and explosive utility. Playing off both half-back and through the middle, Bacon attacks the contest hard and takes plenty of grass along the way. She might be ironing out some areas of her fundamentals, but was one of the fastest at the AFLW Draft Combine, and stands at 172cm which allows her to match it with most other midfielders, and certainly have them beaten athletically.

Mackenzie Ford (Tasmania Devils / Tasmania)
24/04/2005 | 164cm | Midfielder / Wing

In a not too dissimilar gamestyle, Ford is an explosive midfielder who loves the defensive elements of the game, but can also move the ball quickly in transition. A little smaller than Bacon, Ford cracks in and feeds it out to teammates, or backs her leg speed to explode from stoppages and get the ball inside 50. She is no stranger to playing in multiple positions as well, more than capable of slotting on the outside or off a flank, but going in hard is her bread and butter. Ford was the third Tasmanian take in the AFL Women’s Draft.

SUMMARY​

The Tigers clearly targeted leg speed and defensive pressure as a need in this year’s AFL Women’s Draft, and they got it in Bacon and Ford. Both physically thrive on the contest, and can play in multiple positions which adds another string to their bows. Expect them to be capable of contesting for a spot in the 21 at some point in Season 9.

yes, have heard of her, can seriously play.

Always find this sort of stuff intriguing, as the sheer volume of possessions is no guarantee of value to a team (though better to have the ball than chasing it I suppose). The intrigue for me was more in the apparent lack of team play. I say 'apparent' because it may just be the way it was written, but with 49 touches you would hope she set up more than one goal or got involved in a chain that amounted to that.

Richmond AFLW backs coach Lauren Tesoriero will depart the Club, ending a five-year tenure with the Tigers’ women’s program.
Bit sad about this. Whilst she had her detracters, mainly at the end of her playing career, she had plenty to offer as a coach with a good knowledge of the game, especially at AFLW level. Our backline has often been the rock on which we launch.

All the best in the future Lauren.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back