Mega Thread Trade/Draft/Delist SuperMegaUltrathread - 2016/17 offseason edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sit them in a chair with a microphone and a set of headphones and they're already confused. Anything more than that is picking the wings off flies level of cruelty

You intend to come off as a flog?

Confirmation that these guys read big footy?

That we were talking to Goodwin was posted here by a mate of his

His mate never said anything about Goodwin being into bondage.

He sure knew how to sap the confidence of those he did have at his disposal... Karpany was the only WAFL regular that actually improved on previous output. I suspect people like Lamb or Bennell wouldn't speak too highly about him.

Suspect? You need more than that to pin a guy's ears back.

Has more of a negative effect on fans than team. I am not sure players get any more or any upset whether a failed player was drafted in or traded in.

However it's not over for redden and Jetta. Haven't worked out so far for sure.
Wasn't necessarily referring to Jetta specifically and yeah it probably affects the fans more than the team, but I do think that when established players are traded in the coaches will generally give them more leeway than usual to prove themselves.

This usually means that their poor performances are overlooked while other players might not get the same opportunity.

I reckon it just upsets the opportunity-performance balance a bit, whereas building a team from the bottom up is much better for morale.

I think you need to trade wisely and selectively, but attempting to build a side using lots of trades is never going to work IMO

I have spoken to someone who would know. Therefore I have based my opinion on that, and my own viewing.

And they said ...?

Not sure whether there's anything in the way Bennell has been used in East Perth that would cause him angst. He might have been unlucky to get dropped from the AFL side after two games but he got opportunities in the same role at EP and didn't perform.

I have spoken to someone who would know. Therefore I have based my opinion on that, and my own viewing.

You said "I suspect".

That doesn't sound like knowing. Sounds like projecting. Sounds like guessing.

Anyone expecting huge improvement from Jetta better brace themselves for disappointment, 7 years in the AFL and he averages 14.55 disposals a game, his best year was his last in Sydney where he averaged just over 18 per game.
His 12 games this year he averaged 12.6 disposals per game.
This is from an outside mid mind you. He has never ever been a very good play, he has always just been an average player. Made famous by a 4 second run with Rioli on GF day.
Has super skills but does not get it enough and it won't matter who he plays for that won't change. Now I hope like the rest of you do but the reality is that what we saw this year is not far from his best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone expecting huge improvement from Jetta better brace themselves for disappointment, 7 years in the AFL and he averages 14.55 disposals a game, his best year was his last in Sydney where he averaged just over 18 per game.
This is from an outside mid mind you. He has never ever been a very good play, he has always just been an average player. Made famous by a 4 second run with Rioli on GF day.
Has super skills but does not get it enough and it won't matter who he plays for that won't change. Now I hope like the rest of you do but the reality is that what we saw this year is not far from his best.
He's not an accumulator though. He is the sort of player that only needs 15 disposals to be damaging.

Not really. Comparing his 2016 to his best years at Sydney in 2014/2015 based on champion data his 2014/15 was 27%/38% better than 2016.

Injuries, new state, new team, etc... I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. If he stinks it up again in 2017 especially after a solid pre-season then.. well I'll trade him and our first rounder next year for Ellis Yolman.

It was reported yesterday.

Given the club has already said they're looking at him as an option, wouldn't you be more disappointed if they didn't put him through a medical test?

Thanks - did not know that. If he did a medical then that would mean that they are serious about getting him, which is the disappointing part. Petrie is a very bad choice - at 34 don't think he will get through another season so matters little whether he passes a medical now or not. He is finished as a forward and he was less than average as a ruckman so what role is he going to play?

Wasn't necessarily referring to Jetta specifically and yeah it probably affects the fans more than the team, but I do think that when established players are traded in the coaches will generally give them more leeway than usual to prove themselves.

This usually means that their poor performances are overlooked while other players might not get the same opportunity.

I reckon it just upsets the opportunity-performance balance a bit, whereas building a team from the bottom up is much better for morale.

I think you need to trade wisely and selectively, but attempting to build a side using lots of trades is never going to work IMO
Hawthorn.

I understand that but todays game can't afford to carry a midfield player who is not contributing high numbers. I love it when he gets it but it is just not enough.

We didn't. We dropped him. Up to him to increase his output.

I understand that but todays game can't afford to carry a midfield player who is not contributing high numbers. I love it when he gets it but it is just not enough.
I think you can the problem with us is we had a handful of them this year. Even Masten who was traditionally an accumulator dropped right off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back