List Mgmt. Trade & Draft Discussion 2023 post season - Picks Reid,30,40,49,66 (Bush league)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Eagles fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Keys you may like to sticky this post & move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread if you have one.

I would suggest Reid, Jamieson and Barnett are the only ones with a combination of 2 out of the three abilities required to play as a successful KPD. Agility, play reading ability and speed.

Livingstone is a FF and maybe part time ruck if he's going to make it. Jack Williams is a CHF who can ruck a bit but is also lacking in athletic ability so not sure he can go back. contract extension

I was surprised at the length of extension we gave Jamieson.

I am yet to see any AFL attributes in him and the concept of playing him as a full back on the big KPF’s feels like an act of desperation. While he has been unlucky injury wise, his reading of the game and ability to get in position is not even up to WAFL

I would suggest Reid, Jamieson and Barnett are the only ones with a combination of 2 out of the three abilities required to play as a successful KPD. Agility, play reading ability and speed.

Livingstone is a FF and maybe part time ruck if he's going to make it. Jack Williams is a CHF who can ruck a bit but is also lacking in athletic ability so not sure he can go back.
I don't see what Livingstone brings to the table that we didn't already have when the rookie/Cat b came around. Still preffered hine-Baston as our Cat B as the small defensive back to take Cole's role.

Hate to break it to you all but I doubt Gaff will spend much time in the WAFL next year

Another 18-20 games off the wing :(

If Gaff is fit and firing on the wing, so be it. If he's injured, labouring and playing inside mid Simmo can eat a bag.

I am yet to see any AFL attributes in him and the concept of playing him as a full back on the big KPF’s feels like an act of desperation. While he has been unlucky injury wise, his reading of the game and ability to get in position is not even up to WAFL

Agreed on the length of contract

However I'd rather try desperation than futility - the latter of which is what I see in him remaining developing as a ruck or ruck/fwd. Behind BWilliams, Flynn and honestly probably Barnett to be our future #1 ruck and behind JWilliams + probably AReid to be a ruck/fwd, with Livingstone in there as well.

As WCE_phil said earlier clubs seem to be prioritising bringing in tall forward-leaning players with the idea that they can develop back if forward doesn't work out. I'd suggest trying the backline with Jamo would almost be getting that process rolling year or so early before we have to make the calls on whether to do that with the other names I mentioned above (and a way of not taking up their space in the WAFL in the present).

So Jamo can either show he can play back or be delisted - we need key backs and we also need list spots next year so may as well have a swing. He's at least big and competitive enough, the general idea of not needing as much game sense if you're just a lockdown KPD is something I'm not 100% certain I agree with but worth finding out IMO

Jeez, he needs to play some good footy this year though. Otherwise this forums going to burn 1000 pages of arguments on whether he is worth it, just like we did for Dev

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

If he doesnt get a game this season he costs a 3rd rounder.

KP defenders take time, thats a given. Perfect timing to land one with a couple of years development already banked.

We'll no doubt be culling a few of the young talls over the next few years and as other have said BWilliams could look for opportunities elsewhere if he's in the wafl a lot next year after showing so much improvement this year.
But if we start playing Areid down back I'll be spewing. If we'd drafted him to play there we shouldve just taken zz later and got gotten other quality players in with 30, or split it
If he doesn't come on as a forward fair enough but got to start him there

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jamo is effectively ruck insurance and will be gone by end of the year

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't see what Livingstone brings to the table that we didn't already have when the rookie/Cat b came around. Still preffered hine-Baston as our Cat B as the small defensive back to take Cole's role.

It's a shame the AFL couldnt at least throw us a couple of extra rookie spots. Would assist depth to cover both AFL and WAFL sides.

We could have taken another kid and left a spot open for a train on player.

Wouldn't expect complaints from any of the Northern clubs. Or Collingwood, Bulldogs, Carlton, Essendon Hawks, etc etc.....

Do you think he will be best 22 this season? Will the inside mid experiment be ceased?

He was often unable to kick 40 metre which makes me think he was carrying a serious injury. Will this year look like the old or the last 2 years of Gaff.

What positions options does he have? Otherwise I fear his only option is Eagles wing or WAFL wing and based on last year and your pumping up of Chesser, I sense more WAFL time

He was playing under duress last season so he needs to be cut some slack for that.
But in saying that, he is certainly under pressure and I'm not confident he is in their best team.

He was playing under duress last season so he needs to be cut some slack for that.
But in saying that, he is certainly under pressure and I'm not confident he is in their best team.
What are your hopes for Clay Hall as far as ceiling goes mate?
He's inside but pretty quick with very good endurance.

Exciting times indeed.

Was Schoenmaker considered with a late pick or just too many red flags?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back