List Mgmt. Trade & Draft Discussion 2023 post season - Picks Reid,30,40,49,66 (Bush league)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Eagles fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Keys you may like to sticky this post & move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread if you have one.

He was playing under duress last season so he needs to be cut some slack for that.
But in saying that, he is certainly under pressure and I'm not confident he is in their best team.
Any info on how Burgiel and Culley are progressing?

Behind Reid, the Eagles had two talls ranked closely – Gold Coast Academy talent Jed Walter and Curtin, with the local key back still in their sights in coming picks.

West Coast had a final dip using its future first-round pick to tempt clubs while Caddy was on the board, also knowing his tight relationship with Reid, but then once the Bombers drafted the key forward the Eagles put their future pick back in safe keeping for 2024.

West Coast also had a crack at trading for Tholstrup when Melbourne was on the clock by putting forward a future second-rounder and their second-round pick this year, but Melbourne wanted to add the bullocking, high character forward to its mix.

The interesting bits related to WC

Behind Reid, the Eagles had two talls ranked closely – Gold Coast Academy talent Jed Walter and Curtin, with the local key back still in their sights in coming picks.

West Coast had a final dip using its future first-round pick to tempt clubs while Caddy was on the board, also knowing his tight relationship with Reid, but then once the Bombers drafted the key forward the Eagles put their future pick back in safe keeping for 2024.

West Coast also had a crack at trading for Tholstrup when Melbourne was on the clock by putting forward a future second-rounder and their second-round pick this year, but Melbourne wanted to add the bullocking, high character forward to its mix.

The interesting bits related to WC
Interesting, shows we didn't get close to achieving the draft we really wanted. I think they still did alright considering, but the AFL dudded us with all the compo picks.

I'm sure one of the 185 lawyers that post on this board could help him with that
Yeah lucky I'm a lawyer. And sorry to burst the bubble but I've spoken to a few of my colleagues about it who are also lawyers. Best answer we could find is just googling it. Turns out you can sue them, so thanks google once again. Helping doctors and lawyers since 1995.

Bond, The Wind in the Willows film...... seen it?

Cheers.
If you're going to squib on the main bet, as penance, you should change your name to Toad from Toad hall and use this as your Av until the new year.

wind-in-the-willows-toad.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah lucky I'm a lawyer. And sorry to burst the bubble but I've spoken to a few of my colleagues about it who are also lawyers. Best answer we could find is just googling it. Turns out you can sue them, so thanks google once again. Helping doctors and lawyers since 1995.
Should've just asked ChatGPT, tbh.

Surprised it didn't mention what offers we received for first pick of second night.

Anyone know what got offered?

Yeah this is the only vague reference to it. Not even clear if that was offered to us

By Carlton's Moir selection, though, the phones had stopped ringing, with clubs saving their chips for the following evening when the draft reopened, with North Melbourne offering its future second-round pick to get back in for one more draft hit.

He was playing under duress last season so he needs to be cut some slack for that.
But in saying that, he is certainly under pressure and I'm not confident he is in their best team.
I remember you and I having quite a heated disagreement about Gaff after round three or four.
Do you still think I was being unfair at that point or do you feel his output declined (due to potentially his injury?)

Hi

I am sorry you missed Collard, it was our good fortune this time.

Last season we missed a top ten NGA in McKenzie who went to the Hawks, next year we have a young bloke called Cole whom will go very high as well.

The whole inequity sucks, not a peep when it happened to us last year so I am glad a club like WCE who has some clout has been able to bring this issue to a head.

I know you all think the comp is skewed to Victorian clubs but in reality it is skewed to the big four in Victoria plus maybe Geelong. Smaller clubs like mine not some much (unless you are north, get your CEO to be appointed to the AFL and then get multiple free frdp's).

So basically I hear the reason these non AFL clubs get free NGA's is to expand the game and they don't need to move away from home.
So basically Collard is discriminated against. From all accounts he is very close to his family and being indigenous wants to stay in his country. But while the Northern states NGA's get to stay at home he is forced to move across country and now needs huge pastoral care.

The whole system is a complete travesty. I hope we can keep Collard and he becomes a star for us, but I understand totally why there is a fair bit of angst about us taking him.

Anyway good luck for 2024 and lets hope this NGA mess is sorted so it is at least fair for every club.

Hi

Last season we missed a top ten NGA in McKenzie who went to the Hawks, next year we have a young bloke called Cole whom will go very high as well.

The whole inequity sucks, not a peep when it happened to us last year so I am glad a club like WCE who has some clout has been able to bring this issue to a head.

I know you all think the comp is skewed to Victorian clubs but in reality it is skewed to the big four in Victoria plus maybe Geelong. Smaller clubs like mine not some much (unless you are north, get your CEO to be appointed to the AFL and then get multiple free frdp's).

So basically I hear the reason these non AFL clubs get free NGA's is to expand the game and they don't need to move away from home.
So basically Collard is discriminated against. From all accounts he is very close to his family and being indigenous wants to stay in his country. But while the Northern states NGA's get to stay at home he is forced to move across country and now needs huge pastoral care.

The whole system is a complete travesty. I hope we can keep Collard and he becomes a star for us, but I understand totally why there is a fair bit of angst about us taking him.

Anyway good luck for 2024 and lets hope this NGA mess is sorted so it is at least fair for every club.
I hope for the AFLs sake that Collard hits his potential real excitement machine of a player. Saints definitely showed balls taking him pretty high risk high reward type in the advent he requests a trade home WCE rarely stooge clubs so I would imagine close to the original investment would be paid back.

Hi

I don't think anyone blames St Kilda instead of the system, Collard was a brave choice but sometimes you need to be brave.

Agree with this, #VICBIAS definitely skews that way, but what amuses me is whenever the conversation comes up, supporters of the Vic minnow clubs jump up and down with the same "YoU jOiNeD oUr CoMp" bullshit like a schoolkid hoping that by parroting the same line, the bullies don't beat him up some more, even though they also get ****ed over by the status quo.

Hi

I will literally never understand what the point of the Academy system is for any of the teams outside of NSW and QLD...You can put time and resources into a player for years but can only have first dibs on him if he's barely likely to make an AFL list after pick 40...what the hell kind of sense does that make?

I will literally never understand what the point of the Academy system is for any of the teams outside of NSW and QLD...You can put time and resources into a player for years but can only have first dibs on him if he's barely likely to make an AFL list after pick 40...what the hell kind of sense does that make?
Zero, Zilch.

Agree with this, #VICBIAS definitely skews that way, but what amuses me is whenever the conversation comes up, supporters of the Vic minnow clubs jump up and down with the same "YoU jOiNeD oUr CoMp" bullshit like a schoolkid hoping that by parroting the same line, the bullies don't beat him up some more, even though they also get ****ed over by the status quo.
Well if supporters of these clubs said that, they are idiots. WA and SA states have always been great AFL states and it was important to have these states in a National Comp.
I think WCE. Adelaide and Port are great clubs (sorry Freo, I think you are flogs) and Sydney and Brisbane needed AFL clubs, but these AFL vanity projects, GWS and GCS are a blight on the competition and a drain on talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back