List Mgmt. Trade & Draft Discussion 2023 post season - Picks Reid,30,40,49,66 (Bush league)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Eagles fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Keys you may like to sticky this post & move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread if you have one.

I saw it mentioned that this lad is part of your NGA group for next season.

They'll change the rules to 20+. We'll take him with our nonexistent 3rd pick next year and then we'll get Collard back at the end of his contract with Saints, at which point they'll cry blue murder about the "investment they've put into him".

Clay Hall steal of the draft?

Given Walter, Schoenmaker won't score big yes.

They'll change the rules to 20+. We'll take him with our nonexistent 3rd pick next year and then we'll get Collard back at the end of his contract with Saints, at which point they'll cry blue murder about the "investment they've put into him".
It'll be interesting to see if he lasts to 20+

Small and skinny, so the physical limitations might see him slide, but he's dynamic and has lovely skills. Has a knack of finding the footy and getting involved.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing wrong, taking time off till Christmas because he is fit and healthy and just because. Hammy all good.
Tom And Jerry Christmas GIF by Boomerang Official

key take away from this:
'While it’s unlikely any changes would be made for the 2024 Draft because future picks have already been traded, a number of options to simplify the system are on the table.'

what a fukn classic stitchup

Just watch them do something like the late Friday night starts. Viewers and fans wanted the game brought forwards 30 to 40 min. AFL decided on 10 min.

A nothing decision.

The Vic will be whinging about the ridiculous discounts they should be giving up.

Deals behind closed doors will be done. Its how they operate.

Just watch them do something like the late Friday night starts. Viewers and fans wanted the game brought forwards 30 to 40 min. AFL decided on 10 min.

A nothing decision.

The Vic will be whinging about the ridiculous discounts they should be giving up.

Deals behind closed doors will be done. Its how they operate.

Could they push them back so I can watch them after work ffs

Just on academy - father son etc.

1. I have no problem with either process that allows a club to have the option of bid matching to secure a linked player.
2. I don’t have a problem with clubs assembling a collection of lower picks to bid match.

I have a problem with the capacity to bid match and gain a discount price. If the kids that good pay the asking price.

I also have a problem with the pick 40 threshold.

So, my solution.
1. Retain academy and father-son but make entry into academies more rigorous process. Eg there is no way Sanders should have recognised as later entry as Norfs academy player. There’ll be others similar.
2. Retain bid matching but remove discount.
3. Remove pick 40 threshold entirely. No threshold in place.
4. Free agency compensation - boot all AFL issued compensations. Player can nominate and clubs got to work out the deal. Mind you we’re almost there anyway.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back