List Mgmt. Trade/Draft SuperMegaUltraThread - 2016 edition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

salo

Club Legend
Jun 14, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
We lack a big bodied mid who can lay a tackle and kick goals.

Koby Stevens 34 possessions and 2 goals last week:(

Why we traded him and kept Masten is the worst decision we've made in a long time.

how we're still carrying mcginnity is the bigger crime/mystery in my opinion.

must admit i had no problem with losing stevens at the time as he had showed very little promise (colledge-esque) and just seemed to be part of that glut of sub-afl talent we were carrying around that time (ash smith, strijk, brennan, weedon etc).

he might also be benefiting from playing in an overall classier midfield at the dogs. i do think he's improved significantly though.

Did you see Cloke last night...nah, me neither!!
He's taken being a shite player to a whole new level.

Yes but he does do shittyness so very well.
I would love him to do a Woopie Goldberg and do The Colour Purple.

ROC1969

Team Captain
Oct 12, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
If Freo are willing to put Walters on the trade table we should consider what we could give up to get him. He would be excellent crumbing at the feet of darling and JK.

swooshacummings

All Australian
May 7, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
how we're still carrying mcginnity is the bigger crime/mystery in my opinion.

must admit i had no problem with losing stevens at the time as he had showed very little promise (colledge-esque) and just seemed to be part of that glut of sub-afl talent we were carrying around that time (ash smith, strijk, brennan, weedon etc).

he might also be benefiting from playing in an overall classier midfield at the dogs. i do think he's improved significantly though.

That being said, I would have mcginnity in the side over colledge...

Bigger crime was losing Ebert for a bucket of chips

Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Still vc at port and better than Stevens, Mcginnity and Colledge in my humble opinion
Yeh but that's like saying a 1998 Hyundai Excel is better than a clapped out Holden Camira sitting round the back of the shed with no engine in it. Technically one is better than the other, but neither of them are going to win you a race.

swooshacummings

All Australian
May 7, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeh but that's like saying a 1998 Hyundai Excel is better than a clapped out Holden Camira sitting round the back of the shed with no engine in it. Technically one is better than the other, but neither of them are going to win you a

No. Logic would tell you the 1998 excel with the engine in it would probably win that race :)

swooshacummings

All Australian
May 7, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeh but that's like saying a 1998 Hyundai Excel is better than a clapped out Holden Camira sitting round the back of the shed with no engine in it. Technically one is better than the other, but neither of them are going to win you a race.

Turns out your 1998 excel kicked four goals today....

swooshacummings

All Australian
May 7, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeh and even with that he was still only kicking at 52% efficiency, which is the biggest knock on him. Also, did he help his team win?
Weak argument.

Considering he was his teams highest goal kicker I would say he certainly did his best to help his team win.

How many other people kicked 4 or more goals this round?

Only a further 11 players in the competition.

Of which all are predominantly forwards.

SpaceClef

Big Willie
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life WCE Wings Guernsey
May 14, 2011
Vegas
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
Ebert is better than Stevens and Selwood. And Redden.

He's a clanger merchant with his kicking at times but his leadership, overhead marking, gut running and defensive ability out weighs it.

He was always going to go back to Port but perhaps it might have waited until after a flag with us. Woosh and the list management team let his trade value hit rock bottom at the worst possible time.

He used to frustrate the * out of me but we could do with him in the side.

Hawks will demand a first rounder for Hill, they don't need to let him leave, not sure how Freo offer what Hawks will accept when they still need to agree a deal with GWS for McCarthy.

Aug 14, 2005
NoR
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
lakers, nufc, subi, colts
That being said, I would have mcginnity in the side over colledge...

Bigger crime was losing Ebert for a bucket of chips
I am hoping the eagles remember the way port were absolute campaigners in dealing for ebert when one of their WA boys wants to come home. "How does our 4th round pick sound for ah chee. That or we take him for free in the draft"

SpaceClef

Big Willie
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life WCE Wings Guernsey
May 14, 2011
Vegas
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
I am hoping the eagles remember the way port were absolute campaigners in dealing for ebert when one of their WA boys wants to come home. "How does our 4th round pick sound for ah chee. That or we take him for free in the draft"
Ah Chee looks pretty average - I hope we leave him at Port.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back