List Mgmt. Trade/Draft SuperMegaUltraThread - 2016 edition?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol at people who throw duggan up as a possible trade.

No.
You took my quote out of context. I'm not saying we should be trading Duggan. I'm talking about what the club would have to give up to appease GWS in a trade for Lobb. It would obviously have to be something of high value which is why I'm questioning if it is worth it to fill a 1 year hole in our list.

Ok, so about all this Rory Lobb talk. These are the big questions in my mind (apologies if they have already been discussed).
3. When Nic Nat eventually comes back... what would we do with Lobb? The only place he could really go would be the forward line, but that might make us top heavy with a resting ruckman also? Maybe Darling would need to move out and into the midfield?
When he comes back he could take Lycetts spot because his style is a better option for that back up ruck/fwd role but he won't be far off taking Kennedys spot. Kennedy will be 30 turning 31 when Naitanui comes back.

When he comes back he could take Lycetts spot because his style is a better option for that back up ruck/fwd role but he won't be far off taking Kennedys spot. Kennedy will be 30 turning 31 when Naitanui comes back.

Nic is going to miss the last 2 years of JJK's absolute prime :mad:

Anyone know what he's like as a person? I can see us passing if he's a bit of a loose cannon.
Great kid, no ego. Wants WCE to pick him up.

Good chance for everyone to see him this week with East Perth on TV saturday. Played his best league game last week. Think he will enjoy the wet mud of East Fremantle Oval.

Would be stupid to trade Lamb this early in his development, it's rare for players with his attributes and stature to develop quickly within 2 years some players take longer than others. If Lamb was at Hawthorn they would give him 3/4 years to prove himself, for example Sicily is 21 and its first year in the AFL, Lamb is only 19 still.
SpaceClef has another account!!

BANHAMMER

Personally i hope that Lamb stays for another year because there's a genuinely exciting footballer under those blonde dreadies if he can get his head (and heart) right

unitas.jpg

Lamb is a pretty talented footballer - has a heap of ability although I agree with Phil that he does lack game sense.

Selecting him with our 2nd rounder was a risk but if I recall the recruiters at the time said they couldn't overlook his talent. Given we often bemoan the clubs risk averse drafting it was a risk worth taking even if it appears it may not have paid off.

Had we chosen Blakely he'd be getting pilloried on here as another of our poorly skilled midfielders - we also had Waterman from that draft and obviously didn't anticipate him getting glandular fever.

Personally i hope that Lamb stays for another year because there's a genuinely exciting footballer under those blonde dreadies if he can get his head (and heart) right
Has the talent but dropped because of focus and attention span. Have heard he has been dealing with some off field family and homesick issues as well these two years but not sure on that. If that could have been dealt with he would have been one of the steals of the draft. That's why they took the gamble of Lamb over Blakely. Talent is not the issue.

Has the talent but dropped because of focus and attention span. Have heard he has been dealing with some off field family and homesick issues as well these two years but not sure on that. If that could have been dealt with he would have been one of the steals of the draft. That's why they took the gamble of Lamb over Blakely. Talent is not the issue.

This was always the odds on scenario doe

Would be pretty tough to up and leave all your mates/ footy club etc at 17/18 to move to the other side of the country. I know that is the AFL, but still understandable to be a little homesick!

This was always the odds on scenario doe
The club has a pretty good record when it comes to keeping recruits from interstate, not perfect but most players are happy to stay

His knee injury last year wouldn't have helped either

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tom's turned the corner in the second half of the year and has been making a real genuine effort. I think it's reflected in his footy as well, he is playing a lot more consistent and a positive brand of footy, keeping his head up. Really hope he stays.

Can he ruck?

If so, come on down!

O'Meara's officially asked for a trade to an "interstate club". Gold Coast want two first rounders but his knees will be an issue.

Pick 12 and MacKenzie? Probably wouldn't be enough to get it done I suppose.
Gold Coast claiming they'll send him to the preseason draft if need be and won't just negotiate with his club of choice

They'll be pushing for something substantial and I doubt we've got the currency to keep them happy

Tom's turned the corner in the second half of the year and has been making a real genuine effort. I think it's reflected in his footy as well, he is playing a lot more consistent and a positive brand of footy, keeping his head up. Really hope he stays.
He may have increased his effort from the start of the year but it is no where near the level needed for an AFL footballer. I haven't seen a "real genuine effort". May be getting numbers but in the words of Jaymie Graham at multiple quarter time huddles this year "I don't care about you getting soft s**t disposals in the backline, I want you demanding the ball up the ground".

Last edited:
Gold Coast claiming they'll send him to the preseason draft if need be and won't just negotiate with his club of choice

They'll be pushing for something substantial and I doubt we've got the currency to keep them happy
I reckon clubs say that a lot and they usually end up caving.

How many teams have actually gone through with a threat to lose a star player for nothing on principle? Luke Ball and Nick Stevens?

IIRC Collingwood blustered about Beams and then ended up caving in. The GC will have to take 1 first rounder for JOM.

You took my quote out of context. I'm not saying we should be trading Duggan. I'm talking about what the club would have to give up to appease GWS in a trade for Lobb. It would obviously have to be something of high value which is why I'm questioning if it is worth it to fill a 1 year hole in our list.
It's the what we have to give up part of any potential trade that usually gets overlooked

All well and good to suggest the club should target a superstar midfielder or someone like lobb but the suggestion conveniently ignores what has to be given in return

Our 1st rounder and someone like Duggan would be around the mark of what GWS would ask for, maybe more. That means a very good young player and someone like Powell-pepper that we could take with our first pick

It isn't simple and we will forgo some real talent to get lobb so that needs to be factored in

I'm not sure Lobb has the same value as Boyd at the time of his trade. At the end of 2014 Boyd was 19 coming off his first season after being the consensus first overall pick. Lobb is currently 4 years older than that coming off his 3rd season after being taken pick 29, a year after Lycett in the same spot.

The Bulldogs gambled pick 6 and a veteran mid on what would be similar to getting McCartin from St Kilda last year or Schache from Brisbane this year. A more comparable trade might be the Gunston one back in 2011, Ryder in 2014, or McEvoy in 2013. So in my view we're looking at a late 1st round pick and an approx 4th year fringe 22 player or 2nd round pick as Lobb trade value.

I reckon clubs say that a lot and they usually end up caving.

How many teams have actually gone through with a threat to lose a star player for nothing on principle? Luke Ball and Nick Stevens?

IIRC Collingwood blustered about Beams and then ended up caving in. The GC will have to take 1 first rounder for JOM.

Yep, usually the pragmatic decision gets made and clubs will settle for something rather than nothing. I think as much as anything they're trying to discourage omeara from nominating a club

Doubt it'll work and if he nominates Essendon then they're ****ed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back