List Mgmt. Trade/Draft SuperMegaUltraThread - 2016 edition?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just speculatively but i assuming swallow was to pass a medical and get back to/go on to reach his best i don't see how anyone on this board could be upset about losing what is likely 2 mid to very late first rounders plus mackenzie for a SPP + dave swallow combo.

I don't mind the Lobb trade target but hopefully tonight shows that we don't need to sell the park (talk of 2 first rounders, lol) to get him and that Giles can be persisted with as a decent stop gap even if he only churns out half of what he did tonight.

Who would come out of tonight's midfield for them but
People get moved around. We need to keep rotating players through the hf/hb and midfield like the sides with true depth do.

Butler, Lecca, Hill, Priddis, Yeo all would be contenders to be replaced over the next couple of years due to form or age.

Edit: that is going to be misread, but what i mean is that you don't just look at who can be replaced in the starting on-ball division - you can bring in midfielders and not have to remove midfielders if you have a good rotation system.

Darcy Cameron would in eagles colours would look good. He could spend the whole preseason and the first couple of months working closley with coxy and come the second half of the season, he could play a vital part in the side if giles slips up.

People get moved around. We need to keep rotating players through the hf/hb and midfield like the sides with true depth do.

Butler, Lecca, Hill, Priddis, Yeo all would be contenders to be replaced over the next couple of years due to form or age.

Edit: that is going to be misread, but what i mean is that you don't just look at who can be replaced in the starting on-ball division - you can bring in midfielders and not have to remove midfielders if you have a good rotation system.
Lel Yeo. He's such a pleb.

Swallow hasnt played AFL for 18 months .....go to the draft .
Putting time into Duggan, Partington , Mutimer and Nelson is better plus SPP probably.
Can still do both, Swallow when fit is a very good player and if his injuries come good you'd be stupid not to look at him. I think Gold Coast need players not picks though, Emac and Masten for Swallow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swallow was widely regarded as one of the best juniors WA has ever produced. Worth having a crack at for sure.

Don't mind going after him if all the physicals are clear but disagree strongly with the logic. Tom Swift was once the best 16 year old Voss ever saw. It's not where you're from, its where you're at.

GWS have stated that they will be chasing a mature key defender in the off season to help the injury prone Phil Davis , patfull looks to retire and they will be pretty thin in talls down back .
It will also allow them to keep Patton forward .

GWS were going hard for hurley before he re-signed .

If GWS want a CONTRACTED mackenzie then they will have to pay big overs especially since they expect big overs for any contracted player that wants to leave ( Boyd mccarthy ) .

Not only that we would be strengthening one of our direct rivals for the flag over the next few years so it would have to be a damn good offer or I would rather keep him just to not help make gws better .

GWS have stated that they will be chasing a mature key defender in the off season to help the injury prone Phil Davis , patfull looks to retire and they will be pretty thin in talls down back .
It will also allow them to keep Patton forward .

GWS were going hard for hurley before he re-signed .

If GWS want a CONTRACTED mackenzie then they will have to pay big overs especially since they expect big overs for any contracted player that wants to leave ( Boyd mccarthy ) .

Not only that we would be strengthening one of our direct rivals for the flag over the next few years so it would have to be a damn good offer or I would rather keep him just to not help make gws better .

lobb for emac confirmed

Yeah after a few people involved with the west coast recruiting department pushed for the drafting of both menegola and markov last year and what happens........ We are just way too conservative when it comes to mature age picks.
I think we would have been top 4 easily with menagola. He would have done sheeds role with perfection till sheed came back and then would have replaced hutchings. Our whole midfield would have been so strong.

Yeah after a few people involved with the west coast recruiting department pushed for the drafting of both menegola and markov last year and what happens........ We are just way too conservative when it comes to mature age picks.
And way too conservative in getting rid of the dead wood, we've got so many list cloggers on our list/rookie list that aren't (and probably never were) going to amount to anything it's ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back