Recruiting Trade/Draft Talk III - Zaharakis for a SIG BET?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

That would be a dog act..as if they haven't disgraced themselves enough!

Er, it could be possible that Essendon would love to land one of them?

If anything, you could argue that it's disgraceful that despite having the first pick, they still aren't necessarily guaranteed their first-choice player! Figure that one out!

What Patton could bring to the club is way more then 40+ goals. A Patton and Daniher combo completes our spine for the next 5+ years. It allows Hooker to go back in defence leaving us with a superstar backline and a promising but capable forward line.

great point, well made. posters that easily criticise others opinions, often aren't creative enough to post their own thoughts.
Yup. Unfortunately it seems to be a pattern with him. Regular snide comments.

true but the Lions did have the Fab 4 take them to 3 premierships as well.

Weagles had a super midfield and more than handy backline with Lynch as there FF to win a premiership, JD is better than Lynch... Who was their coach at the time that won that premiership ;)
True but they did have Kennedy as the power forward as well as Lynch, I'm pretty sure.

Yup. Unfortunately it seems to be a Patton with him. Regular snide comments.

True but they did have Kennedy as the power forward as well as Lynch, I'm pretty sure.

There he goes again!

On a serious note, I like most of your ideas but I just don't understand what more Jonathon Patton needs to do for you to stop including him in your theoretical trades.

He is contracted. His team almost made a Grand Final and seem destined for sustained success. He has publicly said he is happy there and wants to stay.

There he goes again!

On a serious note, I like most of your ideas but I just don't understand what more Jonathon Patton needs to do for you to stop including him in your theoretical trades.

He is contracted. His team almost made a Grand Final and seem destined for sustained success. He has publicly said he is happy there and wants to stay.
Fair enough, it's just the need for a power-forward really. And he's probably the only semi-gettable one that's young enough and has upside.

Also think that the GWS forward line structure doesn't work with all of Cameron, Patton and Lobb all down there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it's so easy

match the bid

Exactly, again i don't understand why people see this as a new fad, it's a system designed to create fairness and stop a Gary Ablett Junior going to clubs for pick 30+

I'm aware that's a father son example but that's why the system was implemented to stop top ended academy players going for.

Melbourne Bid on Mills at pick 2 last year, it's hardly ground breaking news.

Yup. Unfortunately it seems to be a pattern with him. Regular snide comments.

Josh Kennedy? He was after mate as Chris Judd was a vital cog for that premiership win, and captain at that.

Eagles only had Lynch and Hansen and Swingman Hunter.

Worked pretty well this year...

Most forward lines operating with a genuinely elite midfield and more than solid backline will function pretty well. Our current forward line would function pretty well with the 12 blokes they've got up the ground bringing it in.

That being said, i'm of the opinion that what Patton offers looks great on paper, it doesn't translate to an overly dynamic forward line and in some cases hurts others around him. Cameron frequently found himself in no mans land as almost a decoy for much of the back half of the year. Hawkins is a similar player to Patton and similarly, their forward frequently failed to be the best it could be due to a big slow truck occupying a whole heap of space.

No interest in Patton here.

1, will cost too much
2, the game will continue to move away from these types
3, our forward line is nowhere near as bad as people think it is
4, Patton will have played his best footy in 2 - 3 years time.
5, His injury history has to be a concern.

Just on the Dodo interview at the draft combine, When asked about M.Brown and Emac and the possibility of us going after one of them, Dodo says how Worsfold said that before hurls had signed and with him and Hooker, our key back stocks are well placed for next year. I thought it was a well known fact that Hooker would be playing forward in 2017, does this change things?

Just on the Dodo interview at the draft combine, When asked about M.Brown and Emac and the possibility of us going after one of them, Dodo says how Worsfold said that before hurls had signed and with him and Hooker, our key back stocks are well placed for next year. I thought it was a well known fact that Hooker would be playing forward in 2017, does this change things?
Not really.

If we were to look at a player as part of a deal with GWS, i'd be looking hard at the likes of, Hopper, Kelly etc. Don't reckon we'd land it but a deal that netted us say Hopper and pick 7 where we could land ainsworth, Taranto, Scrimshaw would be amazing.

Don't see it happening but if we are going to keep throwing up Patton and a pick for pick 1 in ever page of this thread (equally as unlikely), that's an alternative that would be far more beneficial to us.

Chris Patton.jpg

How about we go for Patton's Brother... this guy is 208cm and 108kg as an experiment.

Jon and Chris.jpg

he was a handy footballer when young, but chose basketball.. most recently playing for Melbourne United.

He has not really hit it off in Basketball so he may be interested.

Chris Patton and Melbourne part ways
Young big man Chris Patton has requested to be released from his playing contract with Melbourne and the club has obliged.

Patton played one season as a development player in 2014-15, before joining the team as a contracted player on the active roster last season.

The Cal-Riverside product finishes his time at Melbourne United with a career high of 13 points against the Adelaide 36ers in round 14 of the 2014-15 season.

The club wishes Chris all the best in the future.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/b...l/news-story/3e61d9dd0fec60dba289bd2779f73ea5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back