Recruiting Trade/Draft Talk III - Zaharakis for a SIG BET?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies if the recent talk of Balic in this thread is because of this, but I just read he's been granted indefinite leave due to personal issues. I'm wondering if there's a bit more to this and it might be more homesickness and trade request 'issues' rather than strictly personal issues.

Apologies if the recent talk of Balic in this thread is because of this, but I just read he's been granted indefinite leave due to personal issues. I'm wondering if there's a bit more to this and it might be more homesickness and trade request 'issues' rather than strictly personal issues.
A lot of the discussion has been around him being homesick but lets be honest who knows.

I think Jesse Hogan is a good example of not jumping to conclusions when it comes to players feeling homesick.

But unfortunately their is are also too many examples of players requesting to go home purely because they prefer to be close to their family and friends. I personally believe they shouldn't get an option in this case.

A lot of the discussion has been around him being homesick but lets be honest who knows.

I think Jesse Hogan is a good example of not jumping to conclusions when it comes to players feeling homesick.

But unfortunately their is are also too many examples of players requesting to go home purely because they prefer to be close to their family and friends. I personally believe they shouldn't get an option in this case.
Apparently he could be gone for as little as two weeks and back playing for the Dockers within a month. Doesn't strike me as a 'go home factor' type scenario.

Apparently he could be gone for as little as two weeks and back playing for the Dockers within a month. Doesn't strike me as a 'go home factor' type scenario.
Yeah, speculation runs riot is these scenarios usually.

Obviously a lot has been said about Hogan in the past in regards to his go home factor but in hindsight he had good reason.

You talking about Lucas Webb?

It's extraordinary that he has struggled to get a game in a Dogs line up that carries about 10 butchers of the pill.

Would be all over him at the end of the year if he is playing VFL but that surely won't happen.
That's the one.

With Wallis coming back in it looks like Webb may be put back into the VFL too.

Yeah, speculation runs riot is these scenarios usually.

Obviously a lot has been said about Hogan in the past in regards to his go home factor but in hindsight he had good reason.

Yep if you're old man was diagnosed with terminal cancer you'd probably want to spend some extra time with him before the inevitable occurred and if you're interstate you can't do that.

Josh Bruce dropped, horribly out of form. Is only 24. Anyone?

They trade him, McCartin has to retire because of a concussion caused by an oncoming light breeze and Riewoldt retires...then what?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like Balic for a 3rd rounder or Zaharakis compo (wouldn't surprise me if DZ ends up here in QLD)
Seen a bit of Ben Keays and love his work inside.
Dom Sheed of WCE i think would blossom even further under Woosha
And if we don't go for a ruckman like Preuss or Grundy we'll probably draft one.

What if we gave it up for Schache?
I would spew up. Why take such a huge risk? Much prefer paying steak knives for players who have shown as much or more such as Membry, Bruce and Stewart.

You don't sell the farm on something so speculative.

BTW word is Brisbane will demand 2 first founders for him if he wants out.

Sent from my F3115 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back