Recruiting Trade/Draft Talk III - Zaharakis for a SIG BET?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Way too hard to call right now but ill give it a shot

1. Darcy Fogarty
2. Lochie O'Brien
3. Jacob Brander
4. Luke Davies-Uniacke
5. Jaidyn Stephenson
6. Connor Ballenden
7. Joel Garner
8. Nathan Krueger
9. James Worpel
10. Cameron Rayner

Sam Hayes, Hunter Clark, Jack Higgins, Noah Balta are in the mix as well
Hey Callum, is there a ruck option in there for us?

ghostdog

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 18, 2008
gondawanaland
AFL Club
Essendon
Joel Garner for Garner and Ambrose banter purposes please. (Who names their kid Joel in that situation, anyway?)

Is Cameron Rayner any relation to Johnny?
20gar2.jpg

Ello Eeddriun. I cyun plae fwutbaal. Me? 2 meetas.

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Agreed, kinda funny how Florent's stocks rose so dramatically on the back of the exhibition game but Bolton's didn't, who was equal to or better than Ollie.
The thing with Florent's game is he showed things in the All Stars game that where quires for recruiters. Was always considered a 2nd round prospect because he played on the flanks but he showed in that game he could be an effective midfielder. I thought his game was more impressive than Bolton's anyway.

I say it every year, but there is little more cringeworthy on this site than the people who start going about who 'won' the draft at this stage of the year.

At this point, there have all played precisely zero games.

Jan 7, 2005
Down the rabbit hole
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Fatebringer
I say it every year, but there is little more cringeworthy on this site than the people who start going about who 'won' the draft at this stage of the year.

I agree it's stupid, but I'd put it to you that it's the necessary and entirely understandable by-product of the amount of interest in the kids and the draft generally. And in that sense, it's inevitable, and as long as you understand it for what it is, then it's actually not that bad.

You have guys, including some of our own, who put an enormous amount of work into the phantoms and the junior footy, which is reciprocated by a large amount of interest for people. It's very understandable the "who won" threads appear - but my advice to people is to see them as the end point of all the work done, and not as a signifier to who actually won the draft but as a signifier as to which club actually matched the Phantom Draft Orthodoxy the best. That way, too, you can have some fun with those that don't actually get this ;)

I agree it's stupid, but I'd put it to you that it's the necessary and entirely understandable by-product of the amount of interest in the kids and the draft generally. And in that sense, it's inevitable, and as long as you understand it for what it is, then it's actually not that bad.

You have guys, including some of our own, who put an enormous amount of work into the phantoms and the junior footy, which is reciprocated by a large amount of interest for people. It's very understandable the "who won" threads appear - but my advice to people is to see them as the end point of all the work done, and not as a signifier to who actually won the draft but as a signifier as to which club actually matched the Phantom Draft Orthodoxy the best. That way, too, you can have some fun with those that don't actually get this ;)
Yeah, that's a fair point, and I'm certainly not deriding those who do put genuine effort into their own phantom drafts.

But there definitely is a lot of the "lol insert club a stuffed it up" type stuff and at the end of the day, the proof will be in the pudding by how many games they play and how good their careers are, not whether a phantom draft was a close match to the eventuality or not.

Jan 7, 2005
Down the rabbit hole
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Fatebringer
Yeah, that's a fair point, and I'm certainly not deriding those who do put genuine effort into their own phantom drafts.

But there definitely is a lot of the "lol insert club a stuffed it up" type stuff and at the end of the day, the proof will be in the pudding by how many games they play and how good their careers are, not whether a phantom draft was a close match to the eventuality or not.
Yep, they're the ones we have fun with :p

Yeah but we won the draft though :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back