Recruiting Trade/Draft Talk III - Zaharakis for a SIG BET?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over 1.2 million a season to get Fyfe. What are Goddard and Watson on at the moment? If they play on, they'll be on a reduced amount.
1.2 million a season would be doable if we don't sign him to a 5 year deal or something.

Unless we are ready to challenge in the next 2 years, we should go for Martin. Signed some of the returning players to big deals already. Need to be mindful of our current young talent and possible young players that we might trade in
Well why not just go for Josh Kelly then?

Well why not just go for Josh Kelly then?
Because Josh Kelly doesn't look like he wants to come to Victoria :(

I hope GWS wins the premiership so that he can come to us. I have no problem paying him Treloar money or more if it means that he'll come. I prefer that over Fyfe's million dollar request

Genuinely disappointed how many top prospects Dandenong have missing this year. Could have been in for a real crack at their first flag. Doubt they make the top 4 with what they have now
A fit Clark, Darling and Davies-Uniacke improve the team heaps but the depth just isn't there at this stage, 2019 crop looks very strong however, some quality mids from the 16s game

Cant stand them the Giants.

Bringing in 2 new teams and loading them up with high picks is the worst thing the AFL has done.

Don't think its about them loading up on the picks now, it is about the constant access to very top end talent available to the Giants.

Cant stand them the Giants.

Bringing in 2 new teams and loading them up with high picks is the worst thing the AFL has done.
There would be a fairly large list of nominations for worst thing the AFL has done.

Don't think its about them loading up on the picks now, it is about the constant access to very top end talent available to the Giants.

I could live with GWS concessions if these gun players were coming from the greater metropolitan area and rugby strong holds in regional and rural NSW. It's utter bullshit that they get access to the only part of NSW that is an AFL stronghold which has produced many of the game's best players.

It has nothing to do with growing the game in NSW and everything to do with ensuring that GWS continues to be an on-field powerhouse which is why I hope, seemingly against all odds, that they never win a flag. They're a pointless drain on the competition until they produce genuinely local players and can sustain themselves on the back of a real supporter base.

It dilutes the value of the premiership for everyone when they are essentially handed to clubs for political reasons. The best part is that they've been set up for 20 years of success.

The thing I found most interesting was Brisbane has least amount of top 20 drafted players, I get it that they lost most due to trades but they're 5 years plus away from finals.
The other interesting point the big 4 are next behind gws. (Based on poor recent history/ less to the point destination club)
I understand the growth of the game is the most importance to afl. But to not have a big 4 winning a final in I'm guessing 4-5 yrs is costing the afl profits.
I don't follow the profits but with the players askin for a percentage you'd bloody be hoping for the big 4 to start making the top 4. Having teams like bulldogs, saints, gws, Sydney and north making finals is like selling products at a 10% markup.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The thing I found most interesting was Brisbane has least amount of top 20 drafted players, I get it that they lost most due to trades but they're 5 years plus away from finals.
The other interesting point the big 4 are next behind gws. (Based on poor recent history/ less to the point destination club)
I understand the growth of the game is the most importance to afl. But to not have a big 4 winning a final in I'm guessing 4-5 yrs is costing the afl profits.
I don't follow the profits but with the players askin for a percentage you'd bloody be hoping for the big 4 to start making the top 4. Having teams like bulldogs, saints, gws, Sydney and north making finals is like selling products at a 10% markup.

Restrict top 4 from trading in plywrs like the NFL do?

Restrict top 4 from trading in plywrs like the NFL do?
Nope. I'd rather keep the current system. Because we will see good sides go down and lesser teams come up. Always has happened, always will.

but they're 5 years plus away from finals.

No one is 5 years from finals. It's just a matter of getting lucky somewhere and things can click quickly. Maybe McLuggage is their Bontempelli.

Nup. Their list is actually extremely talented. If they can retain their players and Fagan shows himself to be an adept coach I wouldn't be surprised to see them play finals in as little as 2 years.

I could live with GWS concessions if these gun players were coming from the greater metropolitan area and rugby strong holds in regional and rural NSW. It's utter bullshit that they get access to the only part of NSW that is an AFL stronghold which has produced many of the game's best players.

It has nothing to do with growing the game in NSW and everything to do with ensuring that GWS continues to be an on-field powerhouse which is why I hope, seemingly against all odds, that they never win a flag. They're a pointless drain on the competition until they produce genuinely local players and can sustain themselves on the back of a real supporter base.

It dilutes the value of the premiership for everyone when they are essentially handed to clubs for political reasons. The best part is that they've been set up for 20 years of success.

Their fan base will never grow people either barrack for the Swans or follow the Rugby.

They need success now so that they can get kids to follow them and play footy so that in 15 years those kids are at a draftable age and it can flow from there. They aren't going to produce local talent until that happens.

The AFL in planning this team never expected a huge fan base and locally grown stars in 5 years they always planned it too take 15-20 years.

Nup. Their list is actually extremely talented. If they can retain their players and Fagan shows himself to be an adept coach I wouldn't be surprised to see them play finals in as little as 2 years.

They're very well placed for talls with Schache, Andrews, Hipwood with Ballenden coming as well. Only real hole they have on the list is a lack of small forwards.

They're very well placed for talls with Schache, Andrews, Hipwood with Ballenden coming as well. Only real hole they have on the list is a lack of small forwards.
Christenson and Taylor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back