Recruiting Trade & Free Agency IV - hypotheticals etc. (Continued in Part V)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry, he's going to collingwood
If Parish did go to the Pies, just saying, he's probably still be worth a top 5 pick based on his initial draft position and his output to date. So they either offer their first pick (currently Pick 7) and maybe a sweetener depending on where they finish, or its a straight swap for Grundy. I don't think Parish will leave though (pretty sure he's managed by Scott Lucas).

If Parish did go to the Pies, just saying, he's probably still be worth a top 5 pick based on his initial draft position and his output to date. So they either offer their first pick (currently Pick 7) and maybe a sweetener depending on where they finish, or its a straight swap for Grundy. I don't think Parish will leave though (pretty sure he's managed by Scott Lucas).
can nothing be left as a low-effort shitpost?

How much would Kennedy from the Giants cost draft picks wise? A first rounder?

He is exactly what we need right now and he'll come much cheaper. I'd also rather we get Kennedy + Hopper/Setterfield than Martin on 1.6 million

A few years ago you were campaigning for Tyson Goldsack as a forward option. It's not that obvious.
Christ I'd forgotten about that. I just thought my years of slagging Schoenmakers on here would have made it obvious.

Does anyone actually believe that the club has offered a formal offer to Dustin or his management?

Stupid to have a club statement, considering how cryptic it was and it really wasn't necessary.

Looking forward to the post season already, as are the Tigers I'm sure.

Lol at the Richmond board. They really think they could get Joey and Zerrett out of this.
Their club is just one massive potato
Martin won't leave but even in a hypothetical world, he's a RFA and Richmond ain't matching the reported $1.6m offer from us. And hell freezes over because JD and Zach leave.

Beyond stupid we're even at this point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So all this has emanated from David Schwarz from SEN? David who has publicly stated on many occasions that he hates the Essendon Football Club, Apparently we didn't play nice 16.5 years ago on Grand Final day. Oh and all of a sudden he reveals this rumour?? I suppose it will be Brian Waldron next week accusing us trying to entice someone into the PSD again, or will it be Luke Darcy on how the EFC should trade Hurley to the dogs because its the right thing to do. These try hards should honestly learn to bite their tongues. But the reality is the it comes to Essendon they just can't.

I don't understand why some Essendon supporters see the club making a public statement denying the offer as a bad thing.

If it isn't true, it is absolutely the logical thing to do as it puts the matter to bed. We're still negotiating deals with other players and if they see that Essendon are prepared to throw 1.6 million at a player, we may lose some players or increase expectations in terms of contract size. Especially since we've already signed some returning players to big deals

Last edited:
Hm. If we get Mitch McGovern, would anyone be opposed to trading Mitch Brown? I'm assuming of course McGovern takes Hooker's spot deep forward, thus sending him into defence, making Brown the 5th in line key defender IMO. We could draft James Ferry to fill that role, and Brown could potentially be a 3rd tall defender elsewhere. I reckon Gold Coast could use him in that role, or St. Kilda.

We're not responding to Schwarz for the sake of it.

We're in the midst of negotiations with our most important player, a reinvigorated senior player and one of our brightest young stars.

Managers would try to seize on that bullshit from Schwarz unless it is publicly crushed.
The middle being Zaka?

Hm. If we get Mitch McGovern, would anyone be opposed to trading Mitch Brown? I'm assuming of course McGovern takes Hooker's spot deep forward, thus sending him into defence, making Brown the 5th in line key defender IMO. We could draft James Ferry to fill that role, and Brown could potentially be a 3rd tall defender elsewhere. I reckon Gold Coast could use him in that role, or St. Kilda.

Not opposed. Two Mitch's is at least one Mitch too many.

The middle being Zaka?

Yes. Daniher, Zaharakis and Parish.

It's funny how quickly everyone forgets about what Zaharakis can do. The last three weeks are now the best footy he has played in two years. He was excellent in about 10 games last year. That's what the conversion rate for second-strings mids is (about 50% of games in which they get off the chain because the first string mids are held). I was hoping that he'd be our prime mover three years ago but that's probably a step beyond him (for reasons that are not clear to me though I suspect it is something physical).

Haha here we go.

SCHWARZ NOT BACKING DOWN ON DONS DUSTY INTEREST
BY SEN AN HOUR AGO

Former Melbourne forward David Schwarz says a portion of Essendon’s potential $1.6 million lure to Richmond free agent Dustin Martin, is made up of a marketing component.

GettyImages-666078350.jpg

The Bombers last night issued a statement denying that they had offered the Tiger star a once-in-a-lifetime mega-deal, after Schwarz yesterday said they were "up to their eyeballs" in bringing Martin to the club.

However, The Run Home host is not backing down.

“For people to say that it (the figure) is wrong suggests they are ill-informed,” Schwarz said on The Run Home today.

“I said the number is around $1.6 million.

“If this was an auction, Essendon has registered its interest and is ready to put its hand up.”

Last week Essendon chief executive Xavier Campbell acknowledged the club’s interest in Martin, but said specifics had not been put to the club’s board.

Martin is one of the hottest properties on the free agent market, with a host of clubs, including Essendon and North Melbourne, going public with their desires to lure the star.

Schwarz said those suggesting his claim was false should tread warily.

“Remember this when your dealing with people and talking about contract negotiations mid-season….people lie,” he said.

“They won’t tell you the truth.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back