List Mgmt. Trade/Draft/Targets Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

The Dees wont get Greene as GWS will match......

Yep, GWS just trying to get some value before they have to cough up points for Green.

Dees could do it as they aren't losing much and gaining a first.

Who knows. Just looking forward to seing SOS smug little face when he inevitably *s up yet again another deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I reckon they’d ask for our 2 x r1 this year and next for 6 or does that not help their points stack up
The further away from pick 6 the more enticing it becomes for gws.By gaining this year's rnd 1 off us they might as well keep 6.
Time is right for us to be daring.Cotch & Co haven't got long to go.
Read somewhere this year is the 1st year in awhile the hawks have a rnd 1 pick Because they are bold.
Let's do it Tiges!
Picks 38/39/41 & 2020 1st for pick 6 & future 3rd.
So we have.
6(Kemp)
19(Stephens/Sharp/Day/Rivers)
56(?)
75(?)
77(?)

Twomey and Sheehans full mock draft order on the road to the draft podcast:

#1 Gold Coast - Matt Rowell
#2 Gold Coast - Noah Anderson
#3 Melbourne - Hayden Young
#4 Adelaide - Sam Flanders
#5 GWS - Tom Green (Matched Bid)
#6 Sydney - Lachie Ash
#7 Fremantle - Luke Jackson
#8 Fremantle - Liam Henry (Matched Bid)
#9 Melbourne - Cody Weightman
#10 Carlton - Caleb Serong

#11 Hawthorn - Fischer Mcasey
#12 Port Adelaide - Dylan Stephens
#13 Western Bulldogs - Brodie Kemp
#14 Geelong - Deven Robertson
#15 Gold Coast - Miles Bergman
#16 Brisbane - Jay Rantall
#17 Hawthorn - Finn Maginess (Matched Bid)
#18 Geelong - Josh Worrell
#19 Port Adelaide - Trent Bianco
#20 Richmond - Will Day

#21 Gold Coast - Jeremy Sharp
#22 Brisbane - Kysaiah Pickett
#23 Fremantle - Elijah Taylor
#24 - Sam De Koning
#25 Geelong - Will Gould
#26 Sydney - Cooper Stephens
#27 Port Adelaide - Jackson Mead (Matched Bid)
#28 North Melbourne - Mitchell O'Neill
#29 North Melbourne - Mitchell Georgiades
#30 Adelaide - Thomson Dow

This was done on a clubs 'needs' basis. Interesting that the Green bid came relatively late. Also Weightman in the top 10 and Rantall at #16 was a suprise. If we went Will Day at our first pick I would try to trade up to get Cooper Stephens before Geelongs pick 25. Also Trent Rivers and Dylan Williams not in their top 30.

#6 Sydney - Lachie Ash

#20 Richmond - Will Day

#24 - Sam De Koning
#25 Geelong - Will Gould

This was done on a clubs 'needs' basis. Interesting that the Green bid came relatively late. Also Weightman in the top 10 and Rantall at #16 was a suprise. If we went Will Day at our first pick I would try to trade up to get Cooper Stephens before Geelongs pick 25. Also Trent Rivers and Dylan Williams not in their top 30.

Surely the Dees take Serong ahead of weightman if they need a small forward? I can see weightman falling outside 20. The hype about him to Melbourne seems more speculation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 Sydney - Lachie Ash

#20 Richmond - Will Day

#24 - Sam De Koning
#25 Geelong - Will Gould

If Pickett is available, hope we snag him. More X factor please.

I think RFC should look at trading up into the top 25.

I just thinking there is a few shaping up as potentials which probably will not be around at pick 39,40. Can even give away a 2020 first rounder maybe if its a compromised draft ala Adelaide/CFC scenario with Stocker.

Go after Freo's pick 22 and others maybe.

The other thing is with our rookies carrying on we can upgrade them in 2020?? Does that mean we do not have to take that many in the actual draft in 2020

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The further away from pick 6 the more enticing it becomes for gws.By gaining this year's rnd 1 off us they might as well keep 6.
Time is right for us to be daring.Cotch & Co haven't got long to go.
Read somewhere this year is the 1st year in awhile the hawks have a rnd 1 pick Because they are bold.
Let's do it Tiges!
Picks 38/39/41 & 2020 1st for pick 6 & future 3rd.
So we have.
6(Kemp)
19(Stephens/Sharp/Day/Rivers)
56(?)
75(?)
77(?)

GWS would never do that deal and why should they and it totally goes against what they are trying to achieve which is 2 top 4-10 players
they would get 1 with the points but would get a player ranked between 20-30 next year.

almost Fiora
He is light, however, one difference is Day goes in. Both Menadue and Fiora were scared puppies. This kid has played SAFL reserves against men and performed.

He is light, however, one difference is Day goes in. Both Menadue and Fiora were scared puppies. This kid has played SAFL reserves against men and performed.

Gould is a premiership player sanfl & collected decent stats

give me fatty

he might slide to richmond pick too ...

Last edited:

He might go in but its too big a risk for me especially when there are less risky players around at that pick. If he gets to 39, 40 okay but before then its a no for me.

His legs in particular are very light. He might become a star but its a massive reach for mine for him to necessarily develop into it from where he looks to be at atm.

Thats one of the reasons clubs can be more successful with smaller forwards and other mids because they are more ready made at the time of selection.

If someone can pick a body type like that to be the next Fyfe they are a genius and should command a post wherever they like.

Not saying he cannot be good but its a massive bow to cross the bridges he needs to get to and easier said than done.

The other thing is how many Ken Hunter types are there these days?? Last handy thinnish guy was probably Mathew Lappin but he was really classy.

David Bourke was another one and Jack Martin has not reached his promise either despite his clear talent

Last edited:
Gould is a premiership player sanfl & collected decent stats

give me fatty

he might slide to richmond pick too ...

I don't like Gould for the opposite reason as Day.

For me physically do not match up currently so I would not pick neither until later in the draft even if they do become stars.

If someone else can turn them into gold good luck to them and may they command grand salaries!!

See someone like Mitch Georgiades might have not done as much as Gould and Day but for me I pick Mitch before because athletically and body shape he is sounder even though he might be rate 10-20 selections further down based on output performance wise over the course of the journey. This is by the profiles to, I have not seen a lot of vision of these although I seen a bit of Day for a minute
If you speak to some of the contemporaries kid candidates around the country some say the AFL pick athletes so they are aware of certain criteria that might come against them. To me its a combination and based on my observation over the years picks like Day and Gould are too risky at this stage before 30 anyway. I hope Gould and Day become superstars and good luck to them if they do, but historically in my opinion they have to cross a lot of bridges others have not managed to achieve and who knows, some analyser might see something thats the key and if he/she is that good they will shine with other selection comparisons as well which will put him or her ahead of the pack eventually. Based on physicals I have Day ahead of Gould but who knows what happens when they apply themselves in the big show

Does this mean for mine Day and Gould do not get selected? Of course not, they get selected and deserve their chance but I have them a little further down the pecking order or a risk/return basis as a analyser than others may have.

Its the reason why I went Blakely before Menadue in their draft. I like Menadue to, he filled out more than I thought he may have, he still may make it, he tackled and contributed well but his shape still makes him outside and less versatile IMO.

Compare Menadue to Deledio when drafted. Lids had a little more beef but was also not heavy but at the end Lids was quite muscular, probably slightly too muscular in the arms for the role he played but was a very good player nonetheless

Last edited:
I don't like Gould for the opposite reason as Day.

For me physically do not match up currently so I would not pick neither until later in the draft even if they do become stars.

If someone else can turn them into gold good luck to them and may they command grand salaries!!

See someone like Mitch Georgiades might have not done as much as Gould and Day but for me I pick Mitch before because athletically and body shape he is sounder even though he might be rate 10-20 selections further down based on output performance wise over the course of the journey. This is by the profiles to, I have not seen a lot of vision of these although I seen a bit of Day for a minute
If you speak to some of the contemporaries kid candidates around the country some say the AFL pick athletes so they are aware of certain criteria that might come against them. To me its a combination and based on my observation over the years picks like Day and Gould are too risky at this stage before 30 anyway. I hope Gould and Day become superstars and good luck to them if they do, but historically in my opinion they have to cross a lot of bridges others have not managed to achieve and who knows, some analyser might see something thats the key and if he/she is that good they will shine with other selection comparisons as well which will put him or her ahead of the pack eventually. Based on physicals I have Day ahead of Gould but who knows what happens when they apply themselves in the big show

Does this mean for mine Day and Gould do not get selected? Of course not, they get selected and deserve their chance but I have them a little further down the pecking order or a risk/return basis as a analyser than others may have.

Its the reason why I went Blakely before Menadue in their draft. I like Menadue to, he filled out more than I thought he may have, he still may make it, he tackled and contributed well but his shape still makes him outside and less versatile IMO.

Compare Menadue to Deledio when drafted. Lids had a little more beef but was also not heavy but at the end Lids was quite muscular, probably slightly too muscular in the arms for the role he played but was a very good player nonetheless
Whilst i do agree with you in parts there are players like Menadue that have come on to be really good players and some stars
Grimes very similar build to menadue , I think its more about the way the player reads the ball and play and how much of a footballer he is (IQ)

Menadue is bigger / faster & Stronger than a player like stack in his 1st year or similar size to Stephenson from pies but just doesnt have that footballer instinct and looks timid. Love for him to just grow some B**** and get agro and play the game like he did as a 17 year old

Remove this Banner Ad

Back