David C

All Australian
Aug 16, 2017
Noosa
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Brisbane Lions
Yeah it’s for real. How much of an impact can Rowell make? As good as Walsh was this year, he was still miles off Treloar’s output.

If Collingwood were making a play for Lynch, where did all that cash go? Beams? I reckon they miraculously make a play for Cameron next year.
They'll need it to retain Grundy.

RFCGloryJC

Dimma is silent partner in CCJ Kebabs & Tabac
Jun 13, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Inter Milan, Real Madrid 👑
It's a good point on AFL trade equalisation.
If a player like Ellis goes to a lowly struggling team like GCS, you are going to receive a lower, not a higher, draft selection.
If he would go to a better side, you would receive a higher draft selection.
Some football codes, like EPL soccer, have no salary cap equalisation so you have a skewed competition

TigerTime17

All Australian
Sep 25, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Actually I think it was. They set it up so poorer clubs get better compo.

It was my understanding that this was bought in solely for the players to be able to move to other clubs and had nothing to do with equalisation.

I could be wrong but the AFL state "The AFL introduced free agency at the end of the 2012 season, giving players another vehicle where they can transfer from one club to another. Free agency is a common form of player movement in major football and sporting codes around the world".

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
This years draft ain’t great. There’s a few prospects I like but our draft picks will be a stretch to get any.

Hoping Josh Worrell will be around at our pick.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
They say the same every year , nek minnit , Rossy, Stacky and Pickett , I could go on

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
It's a good point on AFL trade equalisation.
If a player like Ellis goes to a lowly struggling team like GCS, you are going to receive a lower, not a higher, draft selection.
If he would go to a better side, you would receive a higher draft selection.
Some football codes, like EPL soccer, have no salary cap equalisation so you have a skewed competition
There’s either a robust and transparent framework to work with that’s fair and equitable or an arbitrary system that will never get it right. One guess which one the afl has adopted

COMPENSATION

A club that has a net loss of players transferring to/from other clubs as free agents in one transfer period is entitled to compensation via National Draft picks allocated by the AFL.

The compensation formula produces a points rating for players based on:

1. The new contract of the free agent;
2. The age of the free agent.

Draft picks are allocated to clubs based on the net total points for free agents lost and gained during the transfer period.

Draft picks will be allocated to one of five places:

Here is an excert, it doesn't mention anything about 2 years, just the new contract which should mean all its years.

I think it was stated somewhere (granted I don't know where) that once year deals don't qualify for Free Agency compensation. That to my knowledge is the only reference to the duration of the contract having any bearing. Seen any one year deals go through yet that are compensated? I haven;t.

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Bucks rooting Treloar's partner too.
Treloar.jpg

Grechy

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, Houston Rockets
Freo have officially flagged an interest in Menadue, a future third would be a reasonable return.

Richmond midfielder Connor Menadue has struggled for senior opportunities the last few years, despite showing some very strong form in the VFL this season in particular.

Fremantle football boss Peter Bell confirmed AFL.com.au's report that the Dockers are keen on the speedster.

"I won't give a narrative on names, but clearly Richmond is an exceptional team with a very deep list," Bell said on ABC Grandstand when asked about the Tiger.

"Looking at the quality of player who was running around for Richmond in their VFL premiership, you've no doubt spoken about some of the other players who are in there.

"Connor's a player that has been clearly persistent, he's been durable, he's got that rare mix of speed and endurance and he's really hard to find.

"There's no doubt there'll be interest in Connor, but again, I'm not going to be running a narrative on individual players."

If we get a third rounder for Connor I'd happily accept it. A 2nd would be over the moon. He hasn't played much senior footy and his good games in the senior side are rare.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GoTigers2015

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆2017🏆2019🏆2020🏆
Oct 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
If we get a third rounder for Connor I'd happily accept it. A 2nd would be over the moon. He hasn't played much senior footy and his good games in the senior side are rare.
Third round pick would be the best case scenario. Depends on how much Freo really want him to replace Hill and Langdon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back