List Mgmt. Trade/Draft/Targets rumours 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are keen on Grundy apparently. The other thing is Lukosius at Gold Coast. They obviously are looking to trade out pick 3 but are looking for more collateral for whoever they are chasing.

Sounds like they are keen to shake up their playing list!!
Shake the bush and someone Crouching behind might fall out like magic! :)

We have a habit of offloading these type of players for not much in return. (lloyd, miles, etc). Ellis is better so I would expect something decent. Wouldn't be surprised if it's for not much once again. The main advantage is that it frees up cash.
We offloaded those guys for peanuts because they weren't best 22 players and wanted opportunities elsewhere. They had not currency, so we helped get them where they wanted. Brando fits in to none of those categories, so we will seek fair market value for him

Yes, Lambert was picked up from the scrap heap after being overlooked by recruiters in multiple drafts, as was Tim Kelly and Michael Barlow. Mitch Robinson was another “scrap heap” player who was delisted by Carlton and he has been very good this season. Where players come from means nothing. Unlike you, I judge players based on merit.

Yes, players can play well in losing sides. Crazy, I know.

He doesn’t need to take marks. It’s not his role. He’s an inside midfielder. He averages just over three marks like your mate Hopper does.

Crouch brings more credentials than just height, as I have pointed out and as you have chosen to ignore.

You sir are putting up a valiant fight. Just know however that you can NEVER defeat Mr Magic with logic.

Just because he was picked up from the scrap heap does not mean he is a "scrap heap" player.

I do not judge anyone, I am not that condescending!!! I do not pretend to assume whats going on in your mind apart from inconsistencies in your argument communicated!!
By definition, that is EXACTLY what being a scrap heap player means. "he was picked up from the scrap heap" ergo...

I know, I know let it go...but sheesh ! Lol

By definition, that is EXACTLY what being a scrap heap player means. "he was picked up from the scrap heap" ergo...

I know, I know let it go...but sheesh ! Lol

What dictionary is that???

I thought some might refer to a scrap heap player as a player who belongs on a scrap heap for example. The point is you labelling a player a scrap heap player is a back handed compliment even if you use the excuse of your own meaning as gospel that he came out of a scrap heap as a get out clause because it is quite ignorant to label some one something with a broad brush stroke and assume everyone interprets a label as you would like it to be interpreted!!

Others might say its an opportunity for you to put the boot into Lambert inadvertently through rhetoric!!

I have nothing to let go because I am not the one potentially being insulted!! The truth is I embrace Lambert's story, he is tough and very persistent with a strong will to succeed!! You could have just as easily called Lambert a mature age recruit!! The point is who are you to label a player a 'scrap heap' player??

I also embrace the concept nothing is black or white , nothing is absolute, many things are relative to other things and situations can evolve, grow and develop in interaction at a far more rapid pace than some might think like with our 2017 premiership!!

Last edited:
I think we should be pushing for any senior gun midfielder/midfielders while we can win flags. If taking a Crouch type means it takes an extra year to rebuild in the long run who really cares.

I’d be after Crouch and Higgins to bolster our midfielder and make it almost best in the comp.

I can't be bothered looking through the threads to find out, but I do wonder how many who are against getting Crouch are the same ones who were against getting Prestia & Lynch
I was for Prestia
Against Lynch
I'm for Crouch

Didn't think we needed Lynch and Reiwoldt went down boy I was glad we had Lynch.

Crouch is a need. Said a few weeks ago Cotch to halfback this year or next year. Basically from this week's team imagine dropping Baker and moving Cotch to half back and then Crouch into the guts.
If Ellis goes McIntosh replaces him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crouch will win their best and fairest. He wants out. They aren't getting rid of him. Finally over his injuries and has shown that he is a midfield bull. The main reason we're looking at him is to free up Cotch from having to be the battering ram all the time. Graham is great. Ross still has his puppy fat but will be fine and RCD is a year or two away. Remember he's 194 so will take time. Crouch fills a need now and wants a flag so we'd potentially get a genuine A grader for unders. Our recruiters aren't ignorant which is exactly why they are looking at him.
If he wins bf they ain’t taking unders, fa is a fascinating twist as it would depend a lot on their confidence of getting Grundy next year which means they the lose crouch for nix. I imagine a mid teen r1 pick plus player would be minimum and about right . I just can’t see him accepting say 550 likely less than current when saints could be > 800

Giving Adelaide the choice of 3 delist-worthy players... I’m sure they won’t be able to contain themselves.

How many times do I have to say that a fringe player in a side that’s top4 doesn’t mean they’d be a fringe player at a bottom 8 club . How many games has miles and Lloyd played this year compared to last year . Menadue markov and Moore would all be playing senior football elsewhere , heck they all would have got a game for ess last night ,

I’m assuming the people saying we should stay away from Crouch just haven’t watched him play?

You now what they say about assumptions.................

Watch him quite a bit - has been good as an M8 in Dreamteam if you want cheap possessions.

I’d take SPP

Imagine the shenanigans when we win the 2020 flag. Broad and PP would have a ball... ****, utensils, medals wowwwweee
I reckon he ll have plenty of suitors , would be a bloody good player in a winning environment good leaders to take him under their wing

I’m assuming the people saying we should stay away from Crouch just haven’t watched him play?

Yeah I have watched him play, he is good and I’m not debating his talent. But one thing we lack is a player that hurts on the outside with foot skills. We already have the players to develop for the inside mid roles

I would love Brad Crouch but seriously there's no way Markov and a pick 15-18 gets it done. If we could do this year and next year's firsts and possibly snare a second in return I'd take that in a heartbeat.

Also he's not going to sign a deal averaging 550k, only way that works is if it's longer and we can backend it past rance, cotch, riewoldt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back