List Mgmt. Trade/Draft/Targets rumours 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, the ruck situation suddenly became interesting when Soldo emerged as a genuine article. I know we have been trying Chol and Balta as back up rucks but I don't see their future in any such role. If Chol can start holding his marks, he could play either a key or floating tall at either end of the ground. Balta though has the greatest up side for me. A big unit, very fast with a huge leap, I'd like to see him groomed for a wing/outside mid position. He has the potential to be a reincarnated Kouta for us and that would be a scary prospect for every other Club.
I'm with you on the wing being his go. His flashes of brilliance so far have all been dashing it down the wing. He'd be what Richo was towards the end of career but obviously more mobile. Massive kick too is a big plus.

Yeah, the ruck situation suddenly became interesting when Soldo emerged as a genuine article. I know we have been trying Chol and Balta as back up rucks but I don't see their future in any such role. If Chol can start holding his marks, he could play either a key or floating tall at either end of the ground. Balta though has the greatest up side for me. A big unit, very fast with a huge leap, I'd like to see him groomed for a wing/outside mid position. He has the potential to be a reincarnated Kouta for us and that would be a scary prospect for every other Club.
Grooming Balta as a Rance replacement.
Source?
Horses mouth...

He won't be another Rance. But he could be a very good PKB. What Bata needs is experience and discipline. There's no doubt about the talent.
Not saying he will be like Rance. No one in a long time will be as good as Rance. He's just being earmarked to hold a full back position when Rance retires.

Not saying he will be like Rance. No one in a long time will be as good as Rance. He's just being earmarked to hold a full back position when Rance retires.

Yeah. I reckon he could be a good KPB. In fact if he develops to his full potential he could be a star. But Rance is special. Although right now I'm not sure I'd take him over Optimus Grimes.

Related image

Wonder what GWS would be willing to part with for someone like Soldo.:think:
Kidding right? Soldo has just about developed himself to be our first choice ruckman. Should only get better too based on the confidence he will have gained from 2019.

Brad Crouch had a tour of our facilities late in the season.
Apparently wanted to come to Richmond last year but it couldn't be facilitated.
He is after 5 years on good $$$$

Only played 83 games so far how can you give him 5 years on big money -Pass

We need big inside mids and have 2 developing in Ross & RCD

If we can nab a GWS mid thats not getting games then great other wise take picks to the draft

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tiger_Of_Old said:
Wonder what GWS would be willing to part with for someone like Soldo.

Kidding right? Soldo has just about developed himself to be our first choice ruckman. Should only get better too based on the confidence he will have gained from 2019.

Could be cheeky and say it might be better to see what GWS are prepared to cough up for Toby with a year left on his contract. I suspect Nankervis won't be picked in the GF as he is clearly not at full strength with the adductor, but you could expect him to be back to his best next year. For me a lot of work has gone into the ruck quintet Nankervis, Soldo, CCJ, Chol and Balta and they all look to have good roles next year and you don't want to be losing any of them at this stage.

Tiger_Of_Old said:

Could be cheeky and say it might be better to see what GWS are prepared to cough up for Toby with a year left on his contract. I suspect Nankervis won't be picked in the GF as he is clearly not at full strength with the adductor, but you could expect him to be back to his best next year. For me a lot of work has gone into the ruck quintet Nankervis, Soldo, CCJ, Chol and Balta and they all look to have good roles next year and you don't want to be losing any of them at this stage.
Toby is heart and soul Richmond
You don't get rid of players like him
Would tare the fabric and our club apart
No no no no no no no no no

Toby is heart and soul Richmond
You don't get rid of players like him
Would tare the fabric and our club apart
No no no no no no no no no
This is the sort of thinking that held us back for decades. I'm not saying he should stay or go, but you have to look at everything.

You have to keep turning over and improving your list. With smart list management we'll be in our premiership window for another 4-5 years. We've done really well this year without Nank, so....

Tiger_Of_Old said:

Soldo!!!!!! I would rather give them Nank.

can back you up on this,
here is a photo taken at Balta's last Tigers medical checks

This is the sort of thinking that held us back for decades. I'm not saying he should stay or go, but you have to look at everything.

You have to keep turning over and improving your list. With smart list management we'll be in our premiership window for another 4-5 years. We've done really well this year without Nank, so....
Agree to disagree

Tiger_Of_Old said:

Soldo!!!!!! I would rather give them Nank.
My rationale was more to do with the development of ccj.Nank & Ccj would be a great combo.For they both have the edge over Soldo around the ground.
Having said that watching Soldo last night,I think I'll just say is we must keep CJ at all costs.
2020 we could see a ruck off.

Hope we retain Ellis.
Grigg retires, trade Butler, trade Weller.
Weller should be able to find a future at another team, too hard to break into our senior team though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back