List Mgmt. Trade/Draft/Targets rumours 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Would be be lucky to get an end of first round pick if Ellis went to another club. For comparison, the Eagles got an end of first for Lycett - Port paid 600K for 5 years.
We were given r2 for conca which of course didn’t come to fruition with lynch incoming . I’d expect more interest in Ellis than conca. Can’t see us anywhere near offering 500k which I expect. Will come

I'm not done with Butler yeah has been poor ,but maybe his significant injury has something to do with it to. Still young to.People got a short memory how good he was in our flag year has a alot of tricks.He will be back.
With Butler

I really like the kid and love his pace but just looks like he has been drinking his bathwater abit too much and not working hard enough on the ground
tries to do too many little tricky things rather than the crazy manic pressure things like Rioli,Baker,Higgins & Castagna

Just needs to park the tricks and pull out the hard working stuff he should be doing

With Butler

I really like the kid and love his pace but just looks like he has been drinking his bathwater abit too much and not working hard enough on the ground
tries to do too many little tricky things rather than the crazy manic pressure things like Rioli,Baker,Higgins & Castagna

Just needs to park the tricks and pull out the hard working stuff he should be doing

👍Yep spot on.Do the the basics and the nitty and gritty stuff.Was one of my favourites in 2017.

Coming out of contract this year or next year(in bold):
Houli (rfa)
Miller
Ellis (rfa)
Moore
Menadue
Butler
Astbury (rfa)
Eggmolesse-Smith
Turner
Soldo
Graham
Ross

Townsend
Aarts
Castagna
Short
Caddy

McIntosh
Baker

English
Chol
Weller
Broad
Balta
Markov
Naish
RCD
Garthwaite

Bolton
Edwards
(ufa)
Grigg (rfa)
Stack
Nankervis

Any trades that we'd be making using players on our list you'd say are coming from those above. I've put in italics the ones I believe we'd be keen on signing as a priority and I've included Ellis in that group, although it won't be at as high a value as he has currently been on i.e. top 25% of contracts.

Coming out of contract this year or next year(in bold):
Houli (rfa)
Miller
Ellis (rfa)
Moore
Menadue
Butler(Trade)
Astbury (rfa)
Eggmolesse-Smith
Turner
Soldo
Graham
Ross

Townsend
Aarts
Castagna
Short(Trade)
Caddy
McIntosh
Baker

English
Chol
Weller

Broad
Balta
Markov
Naish
RCD
Garthwaite

Bolton
Edwards
(ufa)
Grigg (rfa)
Stack
Nankervis

Any trades that we'd be making using players on our list you'd say are coming from those above. I've put in italics the ones I believe we'd be keen on signing as a priority and I've included Ellis in that group, although it won't be at as high a value as he has currently been on i.e. top 25% of contracts.
Strike for those i think will be delisted.
Short & Butler up for trade.
Grigga & Houli deserve to decide for themselves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope they throw the kitchen sink at him.
He probably won’t leave but make the Pies pay 💰
Will be interesting.They have De Goey's contract in a year or 2 as well.

Our list is still in really good shape. We have promising young players coming through on every line (the best kind of depth).

If we can get the right player, I'd still like us to target another more experienced big bodied midfielder. It's still a spot in the team we're lacking, given that we've had an 18 year old in Ross and a fairly limited player in Graham holding that position over the last couple of years.

I think if we're going to do much at the trade table, it's gotta be this year rather than next, as we'll most likely need our first next year for MJ.

I'm not done with Butler yeah has been poor ,but maybe his significant injury has something to do with it to. Still young to.People got a short memory how good he was in our flag year has a alot of tricks.He will be back.
I may be in the minority but I reckon Butts has more upside than George and will come good he was electrifying in the first half of the 2s against Port.

Having said that has been putrid this year in the 1s and deserved to be dropped. Bolton and Baker have taken their opportunities so he’ll have to play well in the 2s and then if/when he gets the opportunity in the 1s play with a lot more intensity

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back