Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
With the Bonar thing and his contract , A player can agree to renegotiate his contract with his new club
Say he is on $400k a year at gws and wants to come to Richmond he can agree to come and accept a lower amount like 3 years $800k
and get to a big melbourne club and be assured he has 3 years to make a career out of a bad start.

TigerTime88

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 8, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
After this season we have one maybe two years max where we can win a flag. Stuff drafting for the future that won’t help us win another one while our stars are around. Go to the trade table and stock up then bottom out for a few years post flag cracks.

For me if the Gibbs rumours are true I would be all over him. Would be a top level addition to our midfield for 3-4 years. Otherwise Shaun Higgins is a gun player you could give a 3 year twilight contract to so that we could top our list off.

Tap ruckman also a must. Think Sauce Jacobs may be cooked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Charlie Pannam

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
No question about talent.But talent will only get you so far.
If he wants out then so be it.Means he doesn't want to learn or work on the reason he continues to get dropped.
I’m not too sure what the reasons are that he’s not playing to be honest.

Bolton has addressed those weaknesses in his game from previous years. His form in the VFL has been so outstanding that he’d probably be leading the League B&F.

His AFL from stacks up favourably against others that he’s competing for a spot against.

I won’t bore you with stats but check out his numbers on footwire.com.au and compare them to Castagna, Butler, Rioli and Higgins. His stats (including tackles) overall are better than any of those guys.

Based on form and output he should be playing and it’s only natural for a player to seek other opportunities if he’s not getting selected based on merit

Last edited:

tigerfan1961

Premiership Player
Apr 18, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Aston Villa, SF 49ers
I’m not too sure what the reasons are that he’s not playing to be honest.

Bolton has addressed those weaknesses in his game from previous years. His form in the VFL has been so outstanding that he’d probably be leading the League B&F.

His AFL from stacks up favourably against others that he’s competing for a spot against.

I won’t bore you with stats but check out his numbers on footwire.com.au and compare them to Castagna, Butler, Rioli and Higgins. His stats (including tackles) overall are better than any of those guys.

Based on form and output he should be playing and it’s only natural for a player to seek other opportunities if he’s not getting selected based on merit
He’s been playing the small forwards role when selected in the seniors with limited output no doubt.
From all reports, they’ve dropped him back to VFL level to play on ball and he’s starting to excel in that role.
Imo, they have a plan for him to be a regular/semi regular midfielder at AFL level and I’m hoping he gets given the chance to do exactly that when he’s selected at the higher level.
He won’t leave imo, he’s just being trained up/developed in another position

Jul 3, 2008
eastern-most tiger in the nation
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Abers
With the Bonar thing and his contract , A player can agree to renegotiate his contract with his new club
Say he is on $400k a year at gws and wants to come to Richmond he can agree to come and accept a lower amount like 3 years $800k
and get to a big melbourne club and be assured he has 3 years to make a career out of a bad start.
He is a good size. He is a 2nd year player. 5 games under his belt. At a club with too much talent. Surely not on 400k. Swap with Butler. However if Coniglio leaves maybe opportunities open up for him.

Jul 3, 2008
eastern-most tiger in the nation
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Abers
what do people think off maybe getting paddy ryder cheap?
could be good with him and nank alternating. would come cheap and allow balta to play where he is better suited
Don't know if Ryder would be cheap. He was solo ruck . His problem is not adjiusting to having to share the ruck with Lycett. My idea of ruck back up is someone not getting a game now. But who would take the place of Soldo or Chol. Play mostly VFL.

Nov 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
what do people think off maybe getting paddy ryder cheap?
could be good with him and nank alternating. would come cheap and allow balta to play where he is better suited
Seems like Ryder may want out because he's not suited to sharing the ruck duties with Lycette. He'd have to do the same with Nank.

Why has everyone got a hard on for Bonar? Just because he is a high draft pick, doesn't mean he isn't a flop.

I see what you did there...

Chunky09

Premiership Player
Jul 8, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
They were said to be keen on Stengle last year so wouldn't be surprised, any club looking for a small forward would be mad not to be looking at him, kids a freak, no doubt we wouldn't want to lose him but unless he signs by about round 20 I reckon he's gone.
They can have butler for a roll of tp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back