Status
Not open for further replies.

Schlurp

Club Legend
Aug 21, 2009
Canberra
AFL Club
Richmond
So what do we actually need? I think we have enough cover in the key posts. Something we’ve definitely been shown up as lacking is a tough inside mid and a mobile ruck.

We only have one pick. I doubt we go ruck so surely its a mid. But Jesus, we’re likely picking from a state league its not like they’ve been in an AFL environment. its a big ask to come and play a role.

According to the indicative draft order list published on the AFL official website today, we actually have two picks.

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Who’s the bloke from W.A. Who no club wanted to touch cause he went to prison been ripping games apparently similar to Tim Kelly
Surely worth a punt
Brad Pitt.
1557873728179.png

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
What do people think of the AFL bringing in a mid-season trade period?
Surely its the next step.
Hypothetically we could trade Butler for a ruckman right now.
It will happen soon IMO.
Carltoon losing on the field and on the trade table in the one week.
Delicious.

Charlie Pannam

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
It will be interesting to see how clubs approach the mid year draft
A. Short term fix to replace injured/ retired players with like for like
B. An opportunity to take best available and get a player before all clubs participate in ND and Rookie drafts at the end of the season

I reckon our priority should still be midfield despite Nank and Rance’s injuries

On Nank, I’m sure he’ll get over this current injury, but I do remember groin issues were the beginning of the end for big Ivi Maric. He was a workhorse for so long til his body just packed it in

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Makes sense. We have until the morning of the draft to make that call. Crazy if we don't. We have nothing to lose by trying out a new player and everything to lose by playing Rance about 6 moths too soon into a rehabilitation process.
Won't be happening.

It will happen soon IMO.

Don't like it personally. I'm talking at a fabric level. Kids say put a No8 on their jumper at the start of the season and Tigers trade Jack for the next big young thing (it's hypothetical). I think mid season trading has the potential to tear at the fabric of the supporter base. Talking of Jack, he said on Fox 360 it is inevitable though. I like the re-introduction of the mid draft though as it offers up another opportunity. It's ramifciations of lower leagues would ahve to be huge though. Could go from Premier favorites to missing the finals part way through a season - wonder what safeguards might exist?

Tiger71

?????? King of the Micro ??????
Sep 22, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
We will pick the best talent available regardless of position IMO with our first pick and our second will be based on needs. IMO we need to pick 2 inside ball winners. I know we are missing rance but pressure from the midfield will help our backs and as to rucks, i seriously think a combo of soldo and Balta, one for taps and the other to use his speed around the ground can work.

So 2 mids please

Makes sense. We have until the morning of the draft to make that call. Crazy if we don't. We have nothing to lose by trying out a new player and everything to lose by playing Rance about 6 moths too soon into a rehabilitation process.
No way in hell they put Rance on the LTI list.

If there’s even the smallest chance we make finals and he is fit in time they will not list him as a LTI.

No way in hell they put Rance on the LTI list.

If there’s even the smallest chance we make finals and he is fit in time they will not list him as a LTI.

Willing to bet right now that Rance will be back before rnd 23 this season

Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Knicks, Giants
Don't like it personally. I'm talking at a fabric level. Kids say put a No8 on their jumper at the start of the season and Tigers trade Jack for the next big young thing (it's hypothetical). I think mid season trading has the potential to tear at the fabric of the supporter base. Talking of Jack, he said on Fox 360 it is inevitable though. I like the re-introduction of the mid draft though as it offers up another opportunity. It's ramifciations of lower leagues would ahve to be huge though. Could go from Premier favorites to missing the finals part way through a season - wonder what safeguards might exist?
I get your point but bad luck.
Teams are in the business of winning flags.
If trading a player mid season does that I'm all for it.
IMO it will only be 2nd tier players being traded then anyway.

It will happen soon IMO.

Love the idea. Got some issues re AFLPA etc. Cant see it happening in the short term without the AFL significantly increasing the TPP.

Schlurp

Club Legend
Aug 21, 2009
Canberra
AFL Club
Richmond
Willing to bet right now that Rance will be back before rnd 23 this season
Nobody would be happier than me if we got him back for finals but the conservative in me sees the risk of a recurrence of the ACL tear being too great. Also It would be a huge ask to expect him to perform to his 2018 best, let alone 2017, given that he will have effectively missed an entire home and away season. Still, I trust our medical personnel and if he gets the all clear and can convince Dimma that his presence will improve the output of the incumbent backs, then so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back