List Mgmt. Trade/Draft/Targets rumours 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roksman

Premiership Player
Feb 12, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Just remember, this is a mid-season draft and the media will be hyping these state league players like no tomorrow.

Remember how much hype Gibbons was getting as a SSP? He's an average player at the very best.

Yes, there are some diamonds in the rough but they are very few and far between. For every Kane Lambert, there are 30 Adam Marcon's. Don't buy into the hype which will only get greater over the next fortnight. I will of course back whoever we select but will not have huge expectations.

Jul 3, 2008
eastern-most tiger in the nation
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Abers
Yes of course.
I wasn’t insinuating pushing Houli out, I’d like to see him played next year also.
I was just saying that there is replacements coming through. More so that I don’t believe Short has a spot next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes. Short's half back spot is very interesting. Does he get it back? I can forsee a bit of VFL time for Short. & eventually I think I'd prefer him playing wing.

Roksman

Premiership Player
Feb 12, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Tom Boyd has retired from the Dogs at just 23 years old.

The Bulldogs will pay him a reduced wage in 2019 and have mutually agreed to cancel all 2020, 2021 payments - They have managed this incredibly well from a TPP perspective considering Tom was 1m per season.

They will have a huge war chest this off-season - Any talk of Dunkley or Bont leaving should be banned on this thread.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers

The Bulldogs will pay him a reduced wage in 2019 and have mutually agreed to cancel all 2020, 2021 payments - They have managed this incredibly well from a TPP perspective considering Tom was 1m per season.

They will have a huge war chest this off-season - Any talk of Dunkley or Bont leaving should be banned on this thread.
Great deal for the Doggies who can now pay the players what they are worth

But in saying that Boyd's contract would have been very front loaded and he would probably have of been on $500k for the next 2 years

Roksman

Premiership Player
Feb 12, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Great deal for the Doggies who can now pay the players what they are worth

But in saying that Boyd's contract would have been very front loaded and he would probably have of been on $500k for the next 2 years
I think it was actually the opposite due to the trade occurring when he was so young and on the draftee restrictions (not allowed to pay draftees crazy amounts early) - I remember this being a point of discussion when the trade dropped.

Are you sure the rest of that money is wiped from the TPP?

doesn't make sense given the AFL have already said if Franklin retires before his ends, that the Swans have to hold onto all TPP payments regardless.

and we had to keep Hampson and Yarran on the books when they retired.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers

doesn't make sense given the AFL have already said if Franklin retires before his ends, that the Swans have to hold onto all TPP payments regardless.

Boyd was a trade Franklin free agent

Roksman

Premiership Player
Feb 12, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond

Yes, because most early retirements include payouts - this is what the AFL were referring to with Buddy.

It's very rare that a player will mutually agree to terminate all future payments like Tom has done - this is why there a no TPP implications for the Dogs. They've handled this incredibly well from a pure TPP perspective.

1557983446772.png

fair enough.

that aside, I reckon its staggering that teams $$ can be wiped from the TPP now.

Effectively teams should just be offering players they want to trade in crazy long term deals to get them over the line, knowing that if / when they retire they don't even have to worry about the rest of the contract.

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Some good points raised here...
Would our role players command a premium in trade to other sides...?!?
And the bearing our salary cap has on our role player retention...:thumbsu:
While SoS is still on Carlton's books there is still that chance.

Sydney and Franklin also didn’t play by the AFLs rules. If Franklin had of landed at GWS like the AFL wanted it’d be a different story and the NSW teams would probably still have their COLA.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
fair enough.

that aside, I reckon its staggering that teams $$ can be wiped from the TPP now.

Effectively teams should just be offering players they want to trade in crazy long term deals to get them over the line, knowing that if / when they retire they don't even have to worry about the rest of the contract.
Not really

With Free agency the big offers stop their clubs from the ability to keep them and so that amount must remain on the salary cap

With a trade or an existing player the contract can be adjusted and terminated if agreed upon by both parties which makes sense to me.

Say for example we sign Shai Bolton to a $500k x5 year deal and 2 years later he gets arrested for something and cant fulfill his contract or he gets depression and we agree to let him out. Why would the allocated money remain on the TPP cap when it doesnt effect the ability of another club to keep him

Roksman

Premiership Player
Feb 12, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
fair enough.

Not true - Like The Gun has alluded to....

Tom has agreed to not receive payments for the remainder of his contract - this is EXTREMELY RARE - that is why the Doggies will be able to achieve this.

If any player retires mid contract, there is usually significant ongoing payments required or significant payouts.

Tom is the exception to the rule, not the rule.

Its gotten to the point where players are retiring and taking time off just to be able to come to the tiges

* me we are good

2 years later - Carlton

This is a bit cruel, but gee I hope Geelong try and get him and he is re-united with Dahlhaus. Be a nice explosion down there!

Carlton.
SoS will trade this year's 1st & last years 1st rnd(Stocker) for Boyd.

Didn't Carlton's first this get swapped with Adelaide's first this year. Could be 2nd for 16th:drunk::p:D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back